• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
I figured out the trick today to replace the launcher with a custom one on the IDoing. Apparently they don't show the "pick default launcher" setting, but if you install Nova and then any launcher you want you can use Nova settings to set any launcher as default(probably well known trick here, but never found it searching).

IDoing says they are looking at options to fix the KPH to MPH(not holding my breath).
Either post the launcher or a picture of it, if you want to be helped.

Post the launcher apk, I'm sure there's a toggle in the code. Also you can find the launcher select option inside the factory settings option in the settings app.
I'm sure there is, I'm not rooting my HU tho. Happy now that I can install 3rd party and yes I know where the launcher selection in Factory settings is, but they are all KPH

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
I'm sure there is, I'm not rooting my HU tho. Happy now that I can install 3rd party and yes I know where the launcher selection in Factory settings is, but they are all KPH
Ok... Not sure why you're acting so defensively, but at no point did i ask you to root your unit. You don't need root to fix it, but sure I'll not offer you help anymore and same way do not complain about something if you will not accept help.

Ok... Not sure why you're acting so defensively, but at no point did i ask you to root your unit. You don't need root to fix it, but sure I'll not offer you help anymore and same way do not complain about something if you will not accept help.
Apologies your original comment came of very dismissive. I wasn't posting looking for help but if there is a way to patch one of the stock launchers without root, I'd be happy to try to do it.

Spiff198

Aug 21, 2017
Hi Gamer,
Have rooted mtc d/e units but, new to Joying
just ordered a 10.1 6gb unit you know how to root these?

kylemd

Aug 13, 2015
Sydney
Hey guys,

Here's some info for my UIS7862 based unit for my 1st Gen/GG Mazda 6. I believe it is the same as the Joying units, both made by FYT.

Bought it from ZWNav on Aliexpress - seller has been pretty helpful, which is good because it didn't come with an install manual.

I've run Device HW Info on the device, output can be found here.
The seller also sent through the firmware package for the device, which is here.

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
I also found the BSP and kernel source codes, very recently uploaded.

BSP source on Github
Github root of unisoc-android that has tons of other things I do not yet understand in there

The same guy has a bootloader unlock tool on his personal Github.

@surfer63 is this of any interest to you?
It's pretty much the whole Android OS source only. This doesn't include any FYT proprietary apps/libs source code. With this you could probably build a new fixed Android base and restore some features that were removed/disabled, but you can't do much else. The hardware was built in a way that custom proprietary libraries are necessary to communicate with it rather than using Androids built in native HALs. So even if you build an android package including the native fm radio app with this, it won't work since it can't communicate with it, unless someone wants to volunteer and reverse engineer and write new libraries for aosp.

Reactions: marchnz

kylemd

Aug 13, 2015
Sydney
It's pretty much the whole Android OS source only. This doesn't include any FYT proprietary apps/libs source code. With this you could probably build a new fixed Android base and restore some features that were removed/disabled, but you can't do much else. The hardware was built in a way that custom proprietary libraries are necessary to communicate with it rather than using Androids built in native HALs. So even if you build an android package including the native fm radio app with this, it won't work since it can't communicate with it, unless someone wants to volunteer and reverse engineer and write new libraries for aosp.
Failing that is it not possible to use the proprietary driver blobs and the MCU control apps posted here?

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Those control apps were written for the FYT Sofia platform, but seeing how FYT reuses the same code for each new hardware release, I wouldn't be surprised if it does work, that's probably the one good thing about them reusing the same codebase over and over again. Do note that it hasnt been updated in 4 years and some of the control apps look like they are a WIP. Feel free to try it out though if you're feeling adventurous.

Spiff198

Aug 21, 2017
Hey guys,

Here's some info for my UIS7862 based unit for my 1st Gen/GG Mazda 6. I believe it is the same as the Joying units, both made by FYT.

Bought it from ZWNav on Aliexpress - seller has been pretty helpful, which is good because it didn't come with an install manual.

I've run Device HW Info on the device, output can be found here.
The seller also sent through the firmware package for the device, which is here.
Thanks 😊

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Failing that is it not possible to use the proprietary driver blobs and the MCU control apps posted here?
Everything @gamer765 said is correct.
Combining all the code you mention would deliver a barely working unit. And you still would need a good functioning FYT MCU. We have no control over that MCU, or options to decompile it in a suitable format, let alone recompile it.
Anyway: thanks for your effort.

stich86

May 2, 2015
Hello guys,

do you have issue with microphone on these head unit? During a call, the caller ear a lof o echo and the volume of the voice is very low. I’ve done a test downloading a MIC test app and the quality is very terrible. If I’m also very near the MIC nothing change. I want to know if you have same trouble, may be it’s my mic fault.

thanks

TacticalSmoores

Jul 5, 2015
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to source a third party display to fit in a custom dash kit for my vehicle. I'm not too familiar with firmware and drivers but I write Javascript evey day, can solder, and fabricate reasonably well.

Does anyone know where to start?
  • It sounds like the unit has to be using LVDS or MIPI to talk to the mainboard (because that's what the CPU supports), but beyond that I have no idea what to look for in a display controller.
  • If moving to a different resolution screen, are there config files that need to be updated in the firmware? Is this just like updating a JSON config?
  • Has anyone tried swapping two different Joying screens on the same head unit?

Last edited:

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
If you're gonna get a dashcam, get a proper standalone one. The only DVR cameras that will work on these units are the ones sold by the resellers only. On SC9853i, it was found that the OS is hardcoded to see specific cameras only. I wouldn't be surprised if this was still the case with UIS7862 units. If you want to read more about it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/dashcam-joying-intel.3523305/post-70192374
There's also a workaround to get a non-approved camera "working", but it won't work with the headunit native DVR app, you have to install a separate app and also get some extra hardware. Info here: https://github.com/lbdroid/FFMpeg-DashCam
Thank you for replying. I don't want additional screens in my car, so I guess that rules out the standalone dashcams.
Reading about the workaround method it seems to require a raspberry pi. And I don't wanna go that route.
So I guess I'm stocked with the resellers dvr cams.
So is atoto's dvr better than navifly's?
Or are there any better working cam's?
And what about the software? I'm guessing all the resellers use pretty identical dvr app..?

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
The atoto one will most likely work with atoto units only. All other DVR cams are most likely the same thing just with a different brand sticker slapped on it. I personally wouldn't use those DVR cams since they're limited to 720p resolution at a measley 30fps. They also feature ADAS but most people end up turning it off since alerts are annoying and delayed and end up being dangerous if you actually rely on it, so it's a toy at best.

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
Do I need to activate optical sound?
And what is the password for factory settings? sorry if this has been answered, a quick search didn't help
Edit: Nevermind I figured it out...

Last edited:

Caye_

Feb 25, 2021
Hello and I'm sorry about my english
I have this android devide and I want to use my personal boot logo.

I find the attach file (I think contains the cars logos)
I try to open it to copy my boot logo but all the programs I used to open doesn't works
Could you help me?

*I try a launcher but the Joying starts with the unit logos and later starts the launcher

Attachments

• boot.img
    19.1 MB · Views: 4

stich86

May 2, 2015
Hello guys,

do you have issue with microphone on these head unit? During a call, the caller ear a lof o echo and the volume of the voice is very low. I’ve done a test downloading a MIC test app and the quality is very terrible. If I’m also very near the MIC nothing change. I want to know if you have same trouble, may be it’s my mic fault.

thanks
An update: seller (Joying EU) send me a new firmware (2021-03) that has mic gain set and also another change on BT side. After installation (that has wiped all the unit) now the mic quality is better than before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys, the firmware for July 5th has been released.
    to get ADB on UIS7862 unit, read @gottahavit reply, thanks to him

Thank you very much! I made a video because I think the method you think is very beneficial to those who own other models.

@warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
    Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
    Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    hi guys, the firmware for July 5th has been released.
    Not sure if this will be relevant with the Joying or not, but just found the USB Mode toggle on the UIS7862 IDoing. It's the "..." menu at the root of developer setting. Two items in Chinese, top one is host mode, bottom is device mode. Got USB Debugging working fine even with usb-c cable from my laptop.
    I've decided to release CC3 to the public. Have fun. Manufacturer ID is set to 43. I am not responsible if you brick your unit or it explodes. I will provide 0 support. Do not PM me. Do not flash unless you know what you're doing or have a recovery update package to revert back to stock.
    https://mega.nz/file/aYhyFCjJ#BbF7piHxK1zkOxcNfYHecUEofafEPiDfoq4Ux5SsGZY

Thank you very much! I made a video because I think the method you think is very beneficial to those who own other models.