• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
Anyone know what 4G LTE GSM bands the Joying 11" headunits have (running Android 10)

And do you all feel this is the best android headunit to buy compared to the others?

Spiff198

Aug 21, 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210715-205205_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-205205_Chrome.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: CCJ22

sdugoten

Sep 25, 2008
It seems I am having issue on a UIS7862 headunit with bluetooth. Whenever I use my iphone 12 Pro max connect to the headunit via bluetooth, from time to time Youtube will randomly skip to next/previous track. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is very annoying. Moreover, I found that it not only affects Youtube, any music or video player in IOS would have the same random behavior.

I was trying to get into the developer options to change the AVRCP version to something lower and see if that would help, and then I found out I don't have the password to get into the developer options.

Does anyone got that password or experience the same issue and got a fix? Thanks.

What I wish to know if new joying 11" Headunit is best Chinese Android based headunit available currently?
No one here can tell you if it's "the best". Joying is one of the more "reputable" distributors, but it is going to depend a lot on your car, how you plan to connect it, and which Joying model you are looking at. I have both a Joying and an IDoing(Sam FYT base system), but the "best" for my WRX was the IDoing as they offered a Canbus that worked with my factory HK audio system. The Joying was "the best" for my corvette because it has the form factor and features I wanted as well as digital out for future expansion.

Spiff198

Aug 21, 2017
It seems I am having issue on a UIS7862 headunit with bluetooth. Whenever I use my iphone 12 Pro max connect to the headunit via bluetooth, from time to time Youtube will randomly skip to next/previous track. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is very annoying. Moreover, I found that it not only affects Youtube, any music or video player in IOS would have the same random behavior.

I was trying to get into the developer options to change the AVRCP version to something lower and see if that would help, and then I found out I don't have the password to get into the developer options.

Does anyone got that password or experience the same issue and got a fix? Thanks.

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
No one here can tell you if it's "the best". Joying is one of the more "reputable" distributors, but it is going to depend a lot on your car, how you plan to connect it, and which Joying model you are looking at. I have both a Joying and an IDoing(Sam FYT base system), but the "best" for my WRX was the IDoing as they offered a Canbus that worked with my factory HK audio system. The Joying was "the best" for my corvette because it has the form factor and features I wanted as well as digital out for future expansion.
This is excellent info. Thank you for sharing.

I just purchased joying 6GB ram / 128GB storage 11.2" screen head unit for my 2018 Jeep Wrangler.

On their website they claim:
-1080x1920
-5.0 Bluetooth
-PnP harness for the vehicle
-Built in GPS

I hope it's all true.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Anyone know what 4G LTE GSM bands the Joying 11" headunits have (running Android 10)

And do you all feel this is the best android headunit to buy compared to the others?
I depends on what you think "best" is. One of the first things I do with a head unit is turn it around and look at the back side because that will tell you what the machine is all about and what it can do. Machines with a lot of input/output ability are what I tend to go for.

While other machines tend to rely on the more universal USB connection (and there are only 3 on most of these machines), Dasaita on top of the 3 usb connects, it also has separate inputs for:
TV
Rear cam
Front cam
Video record (dash cam)
TPMS
Secondary HDMI screen output
Separate card slot
And it also has not one, but TWO sub outputs.
I believe Dasaita also comes with more software loaded... TV app, Dash cam app, TPMS app... etc

Anyway... you can connect all of these things and STILL have 3 empty usb slots to work with. That's worth a fair bit in my book.

Now Dasaita does not have the digital output, but I have read that the digital output is a bit restrictive in its bandwidth so it's not really worth it anyway.

Last edited:

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
I depends on what you think "best" is. One of the first things I do with a head unit is turn it around and look at the back side because that will tell you what the machine is all about and what it can do. Machines with a lot of input/output ability are what I tend to go for.

While other machines tend to rely on the more universal USB connection (and there are only 3 on most of these machines), Dasaita on top of the 3 usb connects, it also has separate inputs for:
TV
Rear cam
Front cam
Video record (dash cam)
TPMS
Secondary HDMI screen output
Separate card slot
And it also has not one, but TWO sub outputs.
I believe Dasaita also comes with more software loaded... TV app, Dash cam app, TPMS app... etc

Anyway... you can connect all of these things and STILL have 3 empty usb slots to work with. That's worth a fair bit in my book.

Now Dasaita does not have the digital output, but I have read that the digital output is a bit restrictive in its bandwidth so it's not really worth it anyway.
@Bob_Sanders it's so good to see you on here. I am the guy that invited you to Jscan facebook group.

I read the Joying unit I bought (11.6" screen seen HERE ) locks down the Bluetooth which is a shame for you and I since we use Jscan. Does Dasaita also lock the bluetooth down? Is there a way to unlock bluetooth on the 11.6" Joying?

I decided on the Joying because it has a bigger screen and looks like it has true 1080p HD as well. I also notice on the Dasaita website they have no more products for Jeep / Chrysler vehicles. Which was off putting.

Reactions: Bob_Sanders

vipsms

Aug 9, 2012
@warata @RealZac
hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

vipsms

Aug 9, 2012
to get ADB on UIS7862 unit, read @gottahavit reply, thanks to him

Reactions: CCJ22 and warata

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
@Bob_Sanders it's so good to see you on here. I am the guy that invited you to Jscan facebook group.

I read the Joying unit I bought (11.6" screen seen HERE ) locks down the Bluetooth which is a shame for you and I since we use Jscan. Does Dasaita also lock the bluetooth down? Is there a way to unlock bluetooth on the 11.6" Joying?

I decided on the Joying because it has a bigger screen and looks like it has true 1080p HD as well. I also notice on the Dasaita website they have no more products for Jeep / Chrysler vehicles. Which was off putting.
Well, I'm not sure about Joying but Dasaita does allow me to run the icar vagate elm327 adapter so I do run jscan on the Dasaita without too much issue... although it is a pain in the azz sometimes to get the bluetooth to cooperate.

I would be very surprised if the Joying doesn't let you!?!

zzzjhgkg.jpg

I would love it if jscan would make their app usb compatible. I have torque pro on the Dasaita too but I have it connected through usb (OBDLink SX USB) and it is supper fast... MUCH faster than the bluetooth elm327... and much more dependable a connection too.

41t07uhpwzL._AC_SX355_.jpg

Torque Pro through usb:

zzzzzzzzzzzzza.jpg

You will have to post a "Jeeper's review" on that Joying when you get it installed!

Last edited:
  • Love

warata

Apr 25, 2016
Tsu

Thank you very much! I made a video because I think the method you think is very beneficial to those who own other models.

Reactions: CCJ22 and vipsms

I have since bought a joying is7862 and can confirm this works

WordUpG

Jul 20, 2021
I just picked up this head unit. So much potential...so many flaws.

The primary problem I’m having is with the implementation of CarPlay. Does anyone know of a method to disable wireless CarPlay? I’m having a lot of issues with flakey audio streaming when connected via WiFi, which aren’t present when connected via USB. The stereo establishes a wireless session immediately, and even if I plug in, the connection remains wireless unless I turn off WiFi. I always plug in anyway, to charge my battery, so wireless CarPlay that’s flakey is a burden.

Second, is there any way to get an app like Spotify to resume what was playing in the last CarPlay session? It’s super annoying that no audio ever starts when I get in the car.

Anyone else have these same issues?

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
Well, I'm not sure about Joying but Dasaita does allow me to run the icar vagate elm327 adapter so I do run jscan on the Dasaita without too much issue... although it is a pain in the azz sometimes to get the bluetooth to cooperate.

I would be very surprised if the Joying doesn't let you!?!

View attachment 5364583

I would love it if jscan would make their app usb compatible. I have torque pro on the Dasaita too but I have it connected through usb (OBDLink SX USB) and it is supper fast... MUCH faster than the bluetooth elm327... and much more dependable a connection too.

View attachment 5364585

Torque Pro through usb:

View attachment 5364587

You will have to post a "Jeeper's review" on that Joying when you get it installed!
Agreed on all counts!

warata

Apr 25, 2016
Tsu
Hello guys, I would like to use this Read It on the 7682, but currently it is not available because the assistant cannot read the screen. I think this function is very convenient because we can't read characters while driving. Please let me know if you have any ideas for making this feature work.

RealZac

Jun 15, 2009
near Stuttgart
@warata @RealZac
[...]
To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
[...]

That doesn't work for me. Set dpi to 411 - no theme settings in GMaps. I even tried 400.
But: I set dpi to 480 (instead of 600) and the launcher and Sygic, even Spotify are looking good. Think I'll test this a few days.

Update:
After I changed to 480 dpi, the GMaps theme settings appeared. I changed to dark and switched back to 600 dpi. 480 was too "big". ;)

Thank you, @vipsms

Last edited:
Reactions: warata

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. While they all operate on the same principle, many of them differ in the number and type of input/output abilities. Dasaita for example has specific and dedicated inputs for TPMS, TV, Dash cam, etc. Dasaita also has an HDMI output and works with obd bluetooth adapters with (apparent) Joying doesn't. Both Joying and Teyes have digital outputs while Dasaita doesn't.

There are indeed subtle differences between the makes, so you do have to look carefully.
    You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.
    Yeah that's what I meant, thanks.
    I have a new Joying 7" double din Android 10 headunit in my 2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged now. Can confirm bluetooth works fine for me. Ive connected my phone, and my BAFX OBD2 bluetooth reader. I did update the Android Auto application via Aptoide the other day and have lost Android Auto functionality after that. It sucks. Now attempting to root the device to uninstall Android Auto via root and re-install an older .apk. Ill try to keep up with this thread as well to try and help out others. I bought 2 headrest monitors for the car secondhand for $100 and put them in the seats. I plan on hooking up the headrest monitors to my Joying unit so my kids have videos to watch in the back seats. I got a sim card from MetroPCS who is owned by T-Mobile here in the US and upon giving Metro my IMEI numbers,they told me the device is not supported on the MetroPCS network. Ugh. Taking everything on strides here 1 day at a time. I feel Ill most likely have to go straight with T-Mobile to get sim service here in the states.

I think its kinda pointless buying a full Android head unit only to use it as Android Auto/screen mirroring.

Also, consider your kids. Honestly, watching TV in the back seat of a car is a massively lost opportunity to connect with your kids and for your kids lost learning time. TV time is brain dead time.
    They're all... The same... Exact thing... Read all reviews left in this thread. Joying, navifly, Teyes, mekede, ekiy, etc. They're all the same device with different names slapped on it. The only difference is that joying is still using single and double din form factors while everyone else is now using integration form factors. The only difference between vendors is the loaded software UI. Just make sure it has the proper canbus cable and module if your vehicle requires it.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. While they all operate on the same principle, many of them differ in the number and type of input/output abilities. Dasaita for example has specific and dedicated inputs for TPMS, TV, Dash cam, etc. Dasaita also has an HDMI output and works with obd bluetooth adapters with (apparent) Joying doesn't. Both Joying and Teyes have digital outputs while Dasaita doesn't.

There are indeed subtle differences between the makes, so you do have to look carefully.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    @warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    hi guys, the firmware for July 5th has been released.
    I've decided to release CC3 to the public. Have fun. Manufacturer ID is set to 43. I am not responsible if you brick your unit or it explodes. I will provide 0 support. Do not PM me. Do not flash unless you know what you're doing or have a recovery update package to revert back to stock.
    https://mega.nz/file/aYhyFCjJ#BbF7piHxK1zkOxcNfYHecUEofafEPiDfoq4Ux5SsGZY