• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread
Just wondering, how long are people's units taking to boot?

Since I updated to the latest firmware from joying's blog page my boot times are a lot longer. I used to have just one short boot logo to wait for but now I have two. Since the update there is the 'Google" boot animation as well as the other one and it seems to take ages.

I can't seem to change any options in the sleep settings either
So after contacting Joying for help with this and exchanging a lot of emails with them, they finally told me to swap the power and acc wire as some cars have them the other way around...
After swapping the wires around the head unit boots instantly after turning the key! So sleep mode wasn't working for me before because the unit would do a full boot each time it turned the key.

Finally solved the problem, I hope this helps if anyone else has the problem I had 😉

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
yHVsNkX.jpg
Will you please tell your contact at Joying that many of us would like to see the following changes on next iteration. We are happy to pay more money for these features:
-High definition LED screen w/ 500 or more nits of brightness
-Matte screen because the reflection is horrible on this unit they currently sell
-A true amp turn on lead from back of headunit. Currently, amp is always on even if we are just using screen and not using speakers.
-Please remove the chrome trim around the headunit. It does nothing but blind driver during certain times of the day
-The bluetooth sync is deleting all google contacts from peoples phones, been doing this since 2019 and they still haven't fixed it.

Thank you for reviewing these units for us. We do wonder if they send you a great unit then water down units to the rest of us.
My unit I got today has dust in the screen. I sent photo and video to joying. They replied back telling me to open the panel from the side screws and clean it myself. I thought that was laughable. While I'm at it, I might as well paint the trim cause the chrome is HORRIBLE in my Jeep wrangler during certain angles it will blind the driver.

Video may be seen here
IMG_20210803_164536.jpg

Last edited:

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Will you please tell your contact at Joying that many of us would like to see the following changes on next iteration. We are happy to pay more money for these features:
-High definition LED screen w/ 500 or more nits of brightness
-Matte screen because the reflection is horrible on this unit they currently sell
-A true amp turn on lead from back of headunit. Currently, amp is always on even if we are just using screen and not using speakers.
-Please remove the chrome trim around the headunit. It does nothing but blind driver during certain times of the day
-The bluetooth sync is deleting all google contacts from peoples phones, been doing this since 2019 and they still haven't fixed it.

Thank you for reviewing these units for us. We do wonder if they send you a great unit then water down units to the rest of us.
My unit I got today has dust in the screen. I sent photo and video to joying. They replied back telling me to open the panel from the side screws and clean it myself. I thought that was laughable. While I'm at it, I might as well paint the trim cause the chrome is HORRIBLE in my Jeep wrangler during certain angles it will blind the driver.

Video may be seen here
View attachment 5378299
That kind of sucks.
It shouldn't be too hard to open up though.

I remember when my Dasaita arrived..... shipping damage... the 720p screen was cracked. They sent me a new screen but I had to install myself. No big deal... I enjoy doing that kind of crap but you really don't plan on having to do your own warranty repairs... and it kind of takes you by surprise the first time around.

• Sad
Reactions: CCJ22

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
I have a 10 inch model of the uis based unit. How is optical implementation done, is it via dac or coming from adc. I will have to open up mine to check which is already installed. Just wanted to check . Also can anyone tell if they are planning to put in usb drivers so that we can use a usb dac
USB DAC Works with USB audio player. And I believe this is the only way to get bit perfect playback on this device.

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
So after contacting Joying for help with this and exchanging a lot of emails with them, they finally told me to swap the power and acc wire as some cars have them the other way around...
After swapping the wires around the head unit boots instantly after turning the key! So sleep mode wasn't working for me before because the unit would do a full boot each time it turned the key.

Finally solved the problem, I hope this helps if anyone else has the problem I had 😉
I think there is an option in factory setting to swap the power wires.

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
Are you sure it's the same model as this thread. My usb dac don't get detected in the headunit and I have tried many. Any different you are doing?
My unit is branded as mekede, but it's same hardware, same software and same bugs.
You wrote that you have tried many. Many DACs, many Head units, many apps or many settings?
I'm sure some usb DACs will work on your joying with USB audio player pro -but I'm not sure any usb DAC will work.
USB audio player pro is a brilliant app used by many headfi enthusiasts. But it does have some limitations: It will only play local files, network folders, tidal and Qubuz. So it won't play FM radio, BT and such. And software volume control does not work in bit perfect mode. But software volume control also degrades soundquality, so hardware volume control is superior.
Lucky my DSP automatically switch between RCA, optical and usb sources. I also have remote volume control so I use usb when I want optimal sound quality (tidal hifi) and optical for anything else.

piyush7243

My unit is branded as mekede, but it's same hardware, same software and same bugs.
You wrote that you have tried many. Many DACs, many Head units, many apps or many settings?
I'm sure some usb DACs will work on your joying with USB audio player pro -but I'm not sure any usb DAC will work.
USB audio player pro is a brilliant app used by many headfi enthusiasts. But it does have some limitations: It will only play local files, network folders, tidal and Qubuz. So it won't play FM radio, BT and such. And software volume control does not work in bit perfect mode. But software volume control also degrades soundquality, so hardware volume control is superior.
Lucky my DSP automatically switch between RCA, optical and usb sources. I also have remote volume control so I use usb when I want optimal sound quality (tidal hifi) and optical for anything else.
Thanks a lot for the response. I have 2 headunit 1 Joying nad 2nd one I don't know the make. From the sound of it u have a Helix dsp pro or above. I have tried quite a lot of dac I have. Also I have been using usb audio player Pro for many years now. Not sure why it doesn't work in both. Can you send me a screenshot of usb settings under developer options. Also does dac works on all usb ports?

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
Thanks a lot for the response. I have 2 headunit 1 Joying nad 2nd one I don't know the make. From the sound of it u have a Helix dsp pro or above. I have tried quite a lot of dac I have. Also I have been using usb audio player Pro for many years now. Not sure why it doesn't work in both. Can you send me a screenshot of usb settings under developer options. Also does dac works on all usb ports?
I'm using helix mini DSP (Brilliant device worth every penny!) with URC.3 controll unit and HEC USB input extension module.
Works fine in usb high speed mode without changing any settings.
I don't know if all 3 usb ports works for this, but USB initializing was a little unstable when I also had my OBD reader connected through usb. I don't use my OBD reader much so I just routed one usb port to a USB port flush mounted in my console -so I can easily plug my OBD reader in if I need to.

Reactions: piyush7243

ki4mqz

Nov 30, 2007
Searched around and cannot find any answers. Bought this unit and I am very pleased with it. However, I cannot get apps such as Youtube TV and ESPN to stream. Netflix and Youtube work fine. I have done some searching around and I am heading down the path of Widevine issues. I ran a "checker" app and it returned a "N/A" status for Widevine.

I am on the 7/5 firmware. Anyone else struggling with this type of issue?

Edit: After further looking, it appears Widevine is not installed. Any options?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. While they all operate on the same principle, many of them differ in the number and type of input/output abilities. Dasaita for example has specific and dedicated inputs for TPMS, TV, Dash cam, etc. Dasaita also has an HDMI output and works with obd bluetooth adapters with (apparent) Joying doesn't. Both Joying and Teyes have digital outputs while Dasaita doesn't.

There are indeed subtle differences between the makes, so you do have to look carefully.
    You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.
    Yeah that's what I meant, thanks.
    I have a new Joying 7" double din Android 10 headunit in my 2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged now. Can confirm bluetooth works fine for me. Ive connected my phone, and my BAFX OBD2 bluetooth reader. I did update the Android Auto application via Aptoide the other day and have lost Android Auto functionality after that. It sucks. Now attempting to root the device to uninstall Android Auto via root and re-install an older .apk. Ill try to keep up with this thread as well to try and help out others. I bought 2 headrest monitors for the car secondhand for $100 and put them in the seats. I plan on hooking up the headrest monitors to my Joying unit so my kids have videos to watch in the back seats. I got a sim card from MetroPCS who is owned by T-Mobile here in the US and upon giving Metro my IMEI numbers,they told me the device is not supported on the MetroPCS network. Ugh. Taking everything on strides here 1 day at a time. I feel Ill most likely have to go straight with T-Mobile to get sim service here in the states.

I think its kinda pointless buying a full Android head unit only to use it as Android Auto/screen mirroring.

Also, consider your kids. Honestly, watching TV in the back seat of a car is a massively lost opportunity to connect with your kids and for your kids lost learning time. TV time is brain dead time.
    They're all... The same... Exact thing... Read all reviews left in this thread. Joying, navifly, Teyes, mekede, ekiy, etc. They're all the same device with different names slapped on it. The only difference is that joying is still using single and double din form factors while everyone else is now using integration form factors. The only difference between vendors is the loaded software UI. Just make sure it has the proper canbus cable and module if your vehicle requires it.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. While they all operate on the same principle, many of them differ in the number and type of input/output abilities. Dasaita for example has specific and dedicated inputs for TPMS, TV, Dash cam, etc. Dasaita also has an HDMI output and works with obd bluetooth adapters with (apparent) Joying doesn't. Both Joying and Teyes have digital outputs while Dasaita doesn't.

There are indeed subtle differences between the makes, so you do have to look carefully.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    @warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
    Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
    Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    hi guys, the firmware for July 5th has been released.
    I've decided to release CC3 to the public. Have fun. Manufacturer ID is set to 43. I am not responsible if you brick your unit or it explodes. I will provide 0 support. Do not PM me. Do not flash unless you know what you're doing or have a recovery update package to revert back to stock.
    https://mega.nz/file/aYhyFCjJ#BbF7piHxK1zkOxcNfYHecUEofafEPiDfoq4Ux5SsGZY