• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
I wouldn't know about this accessability settings, but if you go into "Settings -> App Settings -> Standard Apps", you can select another launcher, Nova in your case. That setting should be persistent.
Oddly, Nova has fixed itself & now sticks in the accessibility menu.
Fluid on the other hand will not stick (it is used for much easier navigating instead of using the stock navigation keys that joying came with

Yamarocket630

May 28, 2015
hi guys, the firmware for July 5th has been released.
OK, so dumb question, but HOW do you update the firmware? Ive loaded the updated firmware to a USB and even an SD card, tried with the firmware zipped and unzipped, but it will not begin to load when the USB/SD is inserted or after using the reset button.

I also cannot figure out how to boot to recovery to try it from there.

For reference, I have the 7" version with hard buttons, ,JY-UQ135N4G that currently has the 2021-01-19 firmware on it from the factory.

Last edited:

xdamember2

Mar 8, 2016
Roseville
OK, so dumb question, but HOW do you update the firmware? Ive loaded the updated firmware to a USB and even an SD card, tried with the firmware zipped and unzipped, but it will not begin to load when the USB/SD is inserted or after using the reset button.

I also cannot figure out how to boot to recovery to try it from there.

For reference, I have the 7" version with hard buttons, ,JY-UQ135N4G that currently has the 2021-01-19 firmware on it from the factory.
Does the update improve gps? Sometimes it thinks i left the freeway now.

DMon04

Feb 16, 2017
Dalton,Ohio,USA
Its not MY method but I'll copy the links I followed in this post. Was pretty simple. Hope you guys enjoy the freedom of root!! The first link is not in english so use Google Translate and you should be able to understand it easier.

Reactions: CCJ22 and Allan_Hun

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
Its not MY method but I'll copy the links I followed in this post. Was pretty simple. Hope you guys enjoy the freedom of root!! The first link is not in english so use Google Translate and you should be able to understand it easier.

I don't think this is for 11.6" 1080p screen just FYI for those of you like me that have the 11.6" 1080p Joying

D0raThaDestroya

Sep 29, 2021
I have the JY-UQ138N4G-H, Joying Universal 8 inch Double Din and I do not have those heatsinks on my unit at all.

I also tried to buy and stick these on the inside on top of the metal plate which I think is the CPU cover.

Heat sinks I bought are these: Easycargo 50mm Heatsink Kit + pre Applied 3M 8810 Thermal Conductive Adhesive Tape, Cooler Aluminum Heat Sink Set for Cooling Peltier Module TEC1-12706 (2pcs 50x50x20mm Silver) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LPJYH4...abc_EC85BMQ6BTV9ZGGKC77R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And the second heatsink on the back where there's a layer of thermal paste between the back plate and something coming off the PCB.

My system shows it's running at 47C average with outside temps in the 80F and interior of car AC keeping it around 73 or 72F.

I have no fan or heatsinks inside my Joying head unit which seems odd to me.

Bought on Amazon and cannot return it for a swap after 30 days. It's been about 2 months with the unit.

It'll freeze up and reboot. Works great at night and in the morning. Unreliable during the day.

I believe I can fix my problems with the correct heatsinks and help from the community here.

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
47°C soc/CPU temp. should not cause instability. What software do you use to monitor the temperature?
My unit run hot if I install tasker. But even @70°C my unit remains stable.
Have you tried factory resetting your device to check temp without installing apps?

D0raThaDestroya

Sep 29, 2021
47°C soc/CPU temp. should not cause instability. What software do you use to monitor the temperature?
My unit run hot if I install tasker. But even @70°C my unit remains stable.
Have you tried factory resetting your device to check temp without installing apps?
I just got a reply from Joying with an included zip firmware update.

Did a factory reset and installed the update. The system rebooted once and then seemed stable the rest of the time.

I downloaded a CPU temp app from the playstore:

Everything seems to be working fine. Maybe the update did something. I don't know.

I did order some Arctic Silver 5 and different designed small square post heatsinks vs the long vent style. Just in case...and ordered 40mmx40mm instead of the larger 50mmx50mm.

If I keep having the same symptoms I'll open the unit back up, take the plate off the CPU and directly attach the newer 40mm heatsinks side by side with artic silver 5 on it.

If not it's just a buggy unreliable build. But I'm stuck with it for now.

$380 spent. I love how fast and simple stock Android is. Just don't like it locking up and freezing. It's amazing when it doesn't have those two issues.
That is very good and should not lead to unstability.
My unit (an sc9853i) also gets to 80C without issues, and without heasing or fan.
Are you sure it stays at 47C? What program do you use the measure that?
Good to know. Did a reset and firmware update. So far so good.

Was using this app:

Last edited:

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
Compared to stock headunits and western/japanese brands these units have almost unlimited possibilities. This also includes possiblity to break something through software.
Chinese android headunits also include none standard hardware increasing the risk of software developed for phones/tablet to not function as intended...
So I would advice you to test your unit without installing any software for a few days. If it seems stable install ONE app and test stability/temperature again a few days. Repeat installing one app and test until you have all the apps you need or your units becomes unstable.
This way you will know what app cause the instability.

D0raThaDestroya

Sep 29, 2021
Compared to stock headunits and western/japanese brands these units have almost unlimited possibilities. This also includes possiblity to break something through software.
Chinese android headunits also include none standard hardware increasing the risk of software developed for phones/tablet to not function as intended...
So I would advice you to test your unit without installing any software for a few days. If it seems stable install ONE app and test stability/temperature again a few days. Repeat installing one app and test until you have all the apps you need or your units becomes unstable.
Good to know. Thank you for breaking that down.

frankienones

Sep 3, 2008
Aalesund
Yes, I'm talking with Joying about it right now. Can you get video of this? What is the weather like where you are? Is it cold or low humidity? (I swear this is a relevant line of questioning)
Hi, even if this in an "old" issue. Did you ever get feedback from Joying , to fix the "ghost touch" issue ?

PS: I have the same issue , even after upgrading to latest firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think this is for 11.6" 1080p screen just FYI for those of you like me that have the 11.6" 1080p Joying
    It should work for any Joying android 10 head unit. It worked for mine just fine except I lost my normal radio after rooting.
    Edit I played with it a bit. This firmware (2021.8.6) is not the updated user interface so it still has that "my first tablet by Fisher-Price" look to the home screens and app drawer,
    There are quite a few choices in launcher UI's on google play store to choose from (car launcher pro, Car web guru.... etc). You don't have to live with the joying version.
    Im guessing ant cont = antenna constant power.
    So I would try without connecting the blue wire. If everything works don't worry about it.
    Installing my Joying and can't figure out what this wire is for.. Anyone know?

https://youtu.be/EioOzBX8elE
    It's for a power antenna.... which jeep doesn't have so just leave it disconnected.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    @warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
    Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
    Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    hi guys, the firmware for July 5th has been released.
    Not sure if this will be relevant with the Joying or not, but just found the USB Mode toggle on the UIS7862 IDoing. It's the "..." menu at the root of developer setting. Two items in Chinese, top one is host mode, bottom is device mode. Got USB Debugging working fine even with usb-c cable from my laptop.