• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

yegolebi

Nov 22, 2021
Does anyone have a direct comparison of those CPU units? According to Antutu benchmarks, PX6 is slightly ahead, but in reality I would assume the UIS7862 is ahead because it is also using a newer GPU?

As a new user of the joying FYT uis7862 1900x1200 unit, I must say from personal experience that software refinement is more important than a few percent of CPU performance advantage. I am struggling with several problems in my hed unit. But overall I must say that I am satisfied with my purchase

Reactions: ikomu

christan

Sep 26, 2011
Thank you both for your input.

@yegolebi Can you name some example? I‘ve read about the contact sync issue being present and Google Assistant not working with calls, other things to be aware of?

yegolebi

Nov 22, 2021
Thank you both for your input.

@yegolebi Can you name some example? I‘ve read about the contact sync issue being present and Google Assistant not working with calls, other things to be aware of?

First, let me list the good stuff:

- The sound is very good, better than I expected.
- 4G, Wifi, GPS, OBD2 work very well.
- The screen is high quality.
- FM radio receives well.
- All the apps I usually use work well.
- It looks like third party launchers are working even though joying says they are not. I use CarWebGuru.

And now the bad part.

I have chosen a high resolution version (1920x1200) and it looks like this was a mistake.This is a relatively new and rare version, I rather don't expect fast and frequent updates.

The lower resolution Joying units already have a new interface and maybe some other improvements as well.

I have the following problems:

- The fonts and all elements in third party apps are absurdly small. It is impossible to use it as is, and there are no display size or font size settings available. I managed to force DPI change through developer options. After the change everything looks good, but built-in launcher stopped working (problem solved by installing carwebguru - which I would have done anyway) also sound settings app doesn't scale well and can't be used (problem not solved, to change sound settings I have to restore original DPI, I tried to use tasker but it didn't work) I think this problem only affects high resolution units

- It is impossible to disable the reversing camera while retaining the rear parking sensors functions. I don't have a reversing camera so if I put reverse I see a black screen and a small graphic of the car with sensors on the right. The reversing camera can be disabled by cutting one of the wires in the harness, but then the sensors graphics are not displayed either. This is frustrating because the sensors are working, as you can see on the graphic, which is displayed when the front sensors are triggered (this is nice, big, overlayed graphic) . The rear sensors, however, do not cause this graphic to appear (although their signal is displayed when both front and rear sensors are triggered at the same time). Looks like it would be easy to fix, but I' m not holding my breath....

- Since the unit has no buttons I wanted to use a navigation bar type app (simple bar with home, back, recent buttons). Navigation bar works great and is very useful but it is deactivated every time the unit goes to sleep.

- I installed the update for wireless android auto. Android auto works wirelessly now, but after the update I lost the split screen function, and everything is too big - I think this update is not designed for my resolution. I got the files from Joying support. However this is not a big problem because as it turned out I prefer to use android unit than android auto. Apparently they are working on a solution to the problem.

- I use a remote controler from the Joying website based on resistance detection (I don't have steering wheel buttons). Remote controler works well, however there is no possibility to program ‘back’ and ‘recent’ button functions (it would be very useful) - home button function is there and works fine.

-The problem of deleting google contacts has not happened to me. I have a second google account set up in the unit, into which I imported contacts from my main account.

However, the problem is the Bluetooth phone app. It is possible to receive calls without any problem (the caller id is displayed correctly), but initiating a call is impossible because the contact list in the application is empty, call history is empty, I was not able to create a list of favorite contacts (just a few would suffice). To make a call I would have to enter the number manually. I managed to solve this problem by installing dialer application, which sees my contacts and call initiated by this application is made via bluetooth phone.

It may sound strange after this list, however, I am happy with this unit. Especially because of the sound quality. I've gotten used to the problems listed above and I'm not going to waste any more time fighting them.

Last edited:
Reactions: christan

christan

Sep 26, 2011
Appreciate the detailed feedback! I have chosen a version with haptic buttons (precisely because I have no steering wheel buttons either 😉) and I could live with the rest.

The absolute most important things to me are reliable GPS navigation, stable UI and proper sound because the last Pumpkin unit I tried had horrible sound output (without DSP to be fair) and lots of side noise (white noise at rest etc.). Seems like it should work then for me, I'm looking forward to it.

yegolebi

Nov 22, 2021

Gaugamela

Feb 12, 2016
I know that my unit has RDS - but default radio application is not functional (rds Information is in small text, not as a header - as a header there is shown only radio frequency) , and it doesnt support displaying station logo based on RDS like navradio application or radio units in cars from last years. Thats why I'm looking for some more functional FM radio application like Navradio. As for DAB, there are not much DAB stations in my country and they are also available mostly in bigger cities :(

I will check UDT, thanks for link!
Unfotunately they do not support isudar ;(
This is also the case with Atoto units, and FM signal reception is not the best. Is there any way to fix that?

War-Rasta

Oct 6, 2009
Santo Domingo
I just installed one of these on my 2008 Ford Explorer and I'm loving it (huge upgrade over my old RK3188 unit), but I'm having a small problem. I have it hooked up to an amp and every time I turn the ignition off I get a loud pop from my su woofers.

This didn't happen before with the old head unit so It must be something with the new stereo. Any ideas?

BTW, the amp is using the remote on from the head unit and I'm able to turn it on and off using the option on the EQ settings.

Thanks in advance.

Gaugamela

Feb 12, 2016
So I asked Atoto costumer support why my smartphone does not automatically reconnect with Bluetooth 2 after I pair it.
This was their reply:

3. In order to save your mobile data, "Bluetooth 2" of the car radio does not support automatic connection.
Hope for your kind understanding.

Supposing you do not mind that, in my view, perhaps you can try to connect the car radio to the hotspot of your cell phone,
as it supports automatic connection.

I have just attempted to help you search for the corresponding information about "Bluetooth tethering" online and found out
part of customers whose cell phones are based on Android achieved automatic connection of Bluetooth tethering
by installing a third-party application named "Bluetooth tethering manager" to both their cell phones and car radios.
Here is the link to download the APK file for "Bluetooth tethering manager" app:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frxf6qdqh...ps.bluetoothtetheringmanager_2.0.7.1.apk?dl=0
Hope the information aforementioned is helpful for you.
Tips:
"Bluetooth tethering manager" app is developed by a third-party company,
therefore, I am not sure if there are any bugs of that app.

Don't expect them to improve Bluetooth 2. It's like this by design.

biggy238

Jun 24, 2012
I'm making an assumption here so go easy on me. I just ordered an 11.6" unit with the intent to turn the screen to portrait mode for a custom install. Would any of you have a model with rotating screen that could open it and photo where the the cable for the servo and sensor/switch that control rotation connect to the board?
I'm in hopes that the socket on the board can be jumpered to trigger the UI to rotate. I know that assumes that the firmware is the same in this respect across multiple models. Even if it isn't, I'm still hoping to modify the software for a rotating screen version to produce portrait mode. I may be way over thinking this as well. If any of you are aware of a software solution to get portrait mode, I'm more than open to suggestion. My 11.6" should arrive tomorrow.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
I'm making an assumption here so go easy on me. I just ordered an 11.6" unit with the intent to turn the screen to portrait mode for a custom install. Would any of you have a model with rotating screen that could open it and photo where the the cable for the servo and sensor/switch that control rotation connect to the board?
I'm in hopes that the socket on the board can be jumpered to trigger the UI to rotate. I know that assumes that the firmware is the same in this respect across multiple models. Even if it isn't, I'm still hoping to modify the software for a rotating screen version to produce portrait mode. I may be way over thinking this as well. If any of you are aware of a software solution to get portrait mode, I'm more than open to suggestion. My 11.6" should arrive tomorrow.
Is it an FYT unit

biggy238

Jun 24, 2012
? HU didn't arrive. No eta on when it will get here.
OK I have the device in my hands and it's a UIS7862. I want to know if the connector marked SPN on the silkscreen in the initial posts is the one being used for rotating screen models? I'm thinking it can be jumpered to force screen rotation.

yegolebi

Nov 22, 2021
- Since the unit has no buttons I wanted to use a navigation bar type app (simple bar with home, back, recent buttons). Navigation bar works great and is very useful but it is deactivated every time the unit goes to sleep.
I have an update,

This problem has fixed itself. I don't know how, but now navigation bar app stays active.

However there is a new problem. The unit doesn't display the negative Celsius temperature correctly in status bar.

When the temperature is above zero it is displayed correctly, but when it drops below zero the value similar to 2886 F is displayed (F instead of C even though the C is set in settings).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I have a problem, I need the uis7862 software for the 768x1024 resolution I uploaded the software after which the image moved and it shows the inscription in red ui and mcu does not match I need software with adjusted resolution and for the inscription to disappear Android 10 from the form thank you very much. I will e-mail drstoms06 @ gmail. com
    greetings Tomasz Poland;)
    With regard to the red or yellow bar: You flashed software which has a different reseller id. Check the several posts about this. Look inside your original software for the correct reseller id.

With regard to the rotated ui: In the firmware you find a file "config.txt". Find a line like "ro.sf.swrotation = 90" and change it to 90 or 0 or 270 and flash the firmware again.
    This should correct it, but will not correct the yellow/red bar on top.
    @surfer63
    That's not why Disney+ and Netflix don't go. The reason for this is DRM (Digital Rights Management).
    Search Google for "widevine"
    On my old px5 device, both apps ran smoothly.

Sorry. You are absolutely correct about the DRM. I completely overlooked that one. But that is in this case just "convenient" for these app makers.

I am still right as well and this is also why you can't use it though apple Carplay or Android Auto even though your phone might have the correct DRM files/certificates. Because they don't want idiots to do this.
    And I know that you can use Netflix and others through Apple CarPlay on a jailbreaked iphone and on rooted Android phones via Android Auto, but NOT directly on "correctly configured" devices for the obvious reasons that those companies don't want you to do this.
    Netflix is even working on an update (not official) to enable "audio only" mode (podcasts, standup comedians, etc.) though Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, exactly to prevent idiots watching the screen while driving. Better implement this audio feature and allow audio only, then having idiots trying everything to use Netflix in the car. Or Disney+ for that matter.
    Has anybody been able to find a Netflix APK that works on these units? I've tried a couple but haven't had any luck.
    Try this version 4.16, don't update.
    So you can install the update for devices with the "new UI" on an "old UI" device?
    Yes you can
    Thanks. I just didn't want to end up bricking my HU trying to update it. I really wish Joying would use OTA updates instead of having to manually download the updates and then ask them which one is correct so you don't brick your HU.
    Yuk.
    There really has to be something bad wrong for me to install an update. For some particular reason people seem to think these updates are 100% reliable because they must have been written by rocket scientists.

I assure you, they are not. I don't think I have ever seen an update from any of these manufacturers that don't fix one thing without breaking something else. You take your chances with any of them.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    @warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
    Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
    Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    I have the same issue writing to usb drives. Other file explorers either crash or just refuse to write at all. FX File Explorer crashes when trying to enable write permission for the usb. Root File explorer says it doesn't have permission to write. I think FYT might fix this in a future update.

This started already on the Sofia when moving to Android 6, continued on the PX5, was unsolved transferred to the 9853i and now also on the UIS apparently.
    FYT really sucks at bug solving and Joying doesn't seem to be able to persuade them to work a little harder on this (or any of the other bugs).

Edit: I guess they somewhere went wrong when converting the old "vold" config (< 4.3) to standard linux "fstab" (Android 5 intermediate) to Android >= 6.0. Someone should modify the boot.img.
    But it actually doesn't suprise me. They are still using code from android 1.6 and their screen layout is even too old to be recognized by Android Studio.
    We are on 8.1 (sc9853i) and 10 (uis7862) now but they simply patch and extend their code with another "if .. then" for new hardware or android version. I assume that is the cheapest.
    Progress! Thus far I can confirm that Bluetooth is still locked down and the "call xxxx" Google assistant bug is still present.