General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
@surfer63
That's not why Disney+ and Netflix don't go. The reason for this is DRM (Digital Rights Management).
Search Google for "widevine"
On my old px5 device, both apps ran smoothly.

Sorry. You are absolutely correct about the DRM. I completely overlooked that one. But that is in this case just "convenient" for these app makers.

I am still right as well and this is also why you can't use it though apple Carplay or Android Auto even though your phone might have the correct DRM files/certificates. Because they don't want idiots to do this.
And I know that you can use Netflix and others through Apple CarPlay on a jailbreaked iphone and on rooted Android phones via Android Auto, but NOT directly on "correctly configured" devices for the obvious reasons that those companies don't want you to do this.
Netflix is even working on an update (not official) to enable "audio only" mode (podcasts, standup comedians, etc.) though Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, exactly to prevent idiots watching the screen while driving. Better implement this audio feature and allow audio only, then having idiots trying everything to use Netflix in the car. Or Disney+ for that matter.

kabreezeka

Mar 6, 2013
how do you guys change to network bandcom from china to whatever country you're in? Can't seem to find that option in the factory settings.

CARSTE

Jan 23, 2022
Hello - I installed unit yesterday and it worked very well for a few hours. Then after a key cycle it wouldn't come on. I can see that it has power and fuse is good. Further I can see that the optical light is visible. I cannot see anything whatsoever on screen, completely dead.

Unit details:
Joying 8" 1200 x 800
JY-UQD80N6G-DA
6 Gig 128 Gig
Newer interface (came with 3d seascape preloaded)

Could it be soft bricked? Asking as I installed an app locker and it said may not support. If so, is it possible to get a copy of software? Unfortunately, starting yesterday, is China new year and they won't reply back until after Feb 8th per automated email reply.

Further - i read through this post (prior to purchasing) and loved the content... just a quick thanks to all for the work.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io

schadis

Feb 9, 2022
Hi all ...first post (leecher since years),

I bought such a Unit for my BMW E90 (2006).
Installation was smooth and here are my thoughts about the unit type: JY-BQ103N4G-DA 1280x800.
(coming frome a Eonon px5)

-i wired the + directly to the battery (seetings are saved and shutdown works correctly
-at one time a loose of the time happend (car was standing long time/cold boot) since then it never lost it again.
-at first i used the low level pre-amp RCAs and they are crap, cause there is so low voltage on these, so there is high noise introduced to the chinch cable over the lengh of my car. that was no mistake in wirering...its just that the amp amplifies also the noise. (i meassured 0,2 to 0,5 volts on the RCA and that was with full volumen and with all plus seetings under factory settings)
-audio over high level output is fine and clear, thankfully my amp can also handly high lvl input.
-I installed navradio+ which is also here @ the forums over the playstore and disabled (removed the original one).
This is working smooth and also has Logos which are working in Austria.
-at first i had problems with the now UI cause homescreen layout is not changeable and also 5GHz wifi was not working.
-I installed mircosoft launcher and arranged my homescreen as I like it... this made other android settings that are hidden with the joying settings also visible .

One point that is still to solve is that I have no backup Camere attached to the unit. Joyings camera is not the best to mount on a e90 BMW. I am still searching for a Trunk cam with 1080p AHD and no lines available in europe. (or i have to import one).
I hape others (brands) a compatible with that unit. Over the RCA cable it shall not be a problem i think.

Until i get such a cam i wanted to switch of the Backup Camera (Blackscreen with no signal).
But i cant find such a setting in the joying settings. (on my old px5 there was something called Prohibit reverse).
does Someone know if switching of the reversal cam completely is possible?

Edit: Oh man joying...
Why is my 5Ghz Wifi only starting and seeing 5Ghz Wifis when Carlink 2.0 is running in backgroud...??

Solution meanwhile: set carlink to not autoconnect and switch the hotspot to OFF.
Then put Wifi to ON and there it is 5Ghz wifi from my phone.
(Edit:Not Working.....)

Sry for bad english^^

BR Schadi

Last edited:

schadis

Feb 9, 2022
as mentoined above:

1.) Does someone know how to switch of the rear backup cam? (cant find a option in settings)
2.) Does somebody know why my unit cant see 5ghz wifis? (only some times when i was connected wie AAW in before)

Thx

Harlley Sathler

Jul 23, 2011
If you want to cycle power amp, BT and radio with SRC button you could use fyt hw onekey app to map SRC button to tasker secondary app. And create a task that cycle the apps you want.
Or alternatively create a task that gets triggered when the default player starts...
Hi, Allan,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the so long delay in response (covid impacts have greatly affected my life in the last months). Is there a tutorial or walk-through in this regard? I use tasker on phone for some small tasks but admit I'm so noob at using the many possibilities the app opens. I appreciate your help!

Harlley Sathler

Jul 23, 2011
A question related to updating firware...

Everytime I do an update, the unit randomly wipes out some settings, sometimes its the SWC learning, or maybe the clock etc.

It never seems to do a full reset of everything though.

Is there a way to backup and restore the user configuration to avoid having to manually go through the settings everytime?

I did notice all of the update pacakges include a text file that has something like T_WIPE and WIPE ALL as it's only commands.

If i delete this file from the update package will that keep my settings safe?
I have this doubt too. Find the new firmware cited here and I'm personally curious about carlink 2 and the possibility of wireless android auto connection. But wiping out all of my settings is frustrating. Is there any way to prevent this during firmware update?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I have this doubt too. Find the new firmware cited here and I'm personally curious about carlink 2 and the possibility of wireless android auto connection. But wiping out all of my settings is frustrating. Is there any way to prevent this during firmware update?
This is due to the fact that FYT still doesn't have the upgrade completely under control (after 6+ years).
They have settings in /data/data/com.syu.xxxxxx
They have settings in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.syu.xxxxx
They have settings in /sys/fytver
They have settings in the properties

They simply made a complete mess of it and still didn't clean up after 6+ years.

Harlley Sathler

Jul 23, 2011
This is due to the fact that FYT still doesn't have the upgrade completely under control (after 6+ years).
They have settings in /data/data/com.syu.xxxxxx
They have settings in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.syu.xxxxx
They have settings in /sys/fytver
They have settings in the properties

They simply made a complete mess of it and still didn't clean up after 6+ years.
Completely understand that. So, considering this complete mess, perhaps trying to modify something in the firmware files to avoid losing preferences should not be recommended?

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
My Joying doesn't really turn off when the ignition is turned off. My amp stays on for a little bit. More info in this video I made below. Is there a setting to try on the headunit?

wtmaxx25

Jul 21, 2009
hampton
I have a question for the Joying UIS units. When you are playing the radio and you have google maps on navigation, do you hear the navigation voice or does the radio sound just decrease and no voice is heard?

I have found on my Navifly unit that if I am playing audio other than radio, when Google maps navigation speaks, the music decreases and the nav voice can be heard. But when the radio is playing, the radio sound decreases but no nav voice is heard when a direction is given.

I have changed settings in Google maps regarding quieter, normal or louder nav voice and have tested other Google Assistant settings with no joy.

I understand the radio app is probably baked in to the ROM and it may be hard to change so I am trying to understand if the same basic radio is used with just a different skin by all sellers or if there are different radios.

Any ideas on what settings might be affecting my Nav voice?
Old Thread, but i just recieved my new Joying unit and the old one worked great with this and also when i used the Torque Pro OBD app it would tell me when the OBD was connected, engine up to operating temp and or MIL light is on and it basically would lower the radio volume and say the status and now the new unit does not have the same sound mode with GPS mixing, which is how Navigation would tell the radio to mute.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I've just found out Joying disabled notifications on these units!? Any way of getting them back? Also is root possible on these?
    @Booroondooks proposes to replace the systemUI.apk for that problem on 4PDA. This way the notification will be restored but you will see two clocks.
    Wouldn't happen to have a link to that would you?
    I think it is prohibited by XDA rules to put a 4PDA link. I will send you a pm so please check it.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    @warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
    Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
    Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

to get ADB on UIS7862 unit, read @gottahavit reply, thanks to him

Thank you very much! I made a video because I think the method you think is very beneficial to those who own other models.
    You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    Progress! Thus far I can confirm that Bluetooth is still locked down and the "call xxxx" Google assistant bug is still present.