General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

Allizom

Feb 17, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
And how exactly can one tell which band the SIM is trying to connect? I'm using a T-Mobile SIM which is recommended by Joying per their "how-to-fix-LTE-issues" blog entry. It's a new card which has been tested and verified to work in several phones.

I made a post about this here yesterday, so I won't go into to much detail about it in this one, but suffice to say, I've tried it all and I'm at the point of a warranted replacement. Any thoughts?

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
Have you tried an LTE discovery app such as Cellmapper, that will give mast identification and band connection info.

hangovernl

Mar 5, 2022
NL
Hi,

I'm new to XDA and have a question regarding my Joying JY-UQB09N4G-H.
My unit came with a dead line of red pixels so Joying send me a replacement screen.
This has a rather strange problem, the images displayed have the colors messed-up.
Any idea what this is? In the firmware download page of Joying there are different versions for MIPI and LVDS displays. I cannot see what kind af display mine has.
First image is from system information.
Second image how display should look on one of the test screens on the original display. The others how it looks with the new display.
Communication with Joyign support takes ages because of the time difference and has not come up with anything sensible.
Hope anyone knows what is going on, can it be that they gave me a MIPI display but the HU is configured for an LVDS?
IMG_20220302_104414.jpg
image.png
IMG_20220301_105710.jpg
IMG_20220227_122029.jpg

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Any idea what this is? In the firmware download page of Joying there are different versions for MIPI and LVDS displays. I cannot see what kind af display mine has.
First image is from system information.
Second image how display should look on one of the test screens on the original display. The others how it looks with the new display.
Communication with Joyign support takes ages because of the time difference and has not come up with anything sensible.
Hope anyone knows what is going on, can it be that they gave me a MIPI display but the HU is configured for an LVDS?
In this cases ALWAYS ask Joying. They know what they have sent you and whther you need to flash with another firmware.

hangovernl

Mar 5, 2022
NL
In this cases ALWAYS ask Joying. They know what they have sent you and whther you need to flash with another firmware.
Well, I've been in contact with Joying for a week now, one message a day so it takes ages.
I was hoping that someone had seen the same sort of effect when connecting an other display, so I could help support by pointing them in the right direction ;)
They clearly do not know what they send me as it does not work as expected and there are no markings on the unit whatsoever. I did have a look inside and the two display units look a little different from each other. The firmware they send me had only three files in it from 2020, 6315lcdconfig.cfg, logo.bmp and lsec6315update.
The config file has this in it:
clnpL10P8-WD090HNL60AC-Q3_1280x720 20200817
which is the original display definition, not the new one.
I presume that the HU does not inquiry the display to see which is connected but that it is burned in the firmware with the above firmware update.
I hope Joying will update me this night how to proceed :)

hangovernl

Mar 5, 2022
NL
Well, I've been in contact with Joying for a week now, one message a day so it takes ages.
I was hoping that someone had seen the same sort of effect when connecting an other display, so I could help support by pointing them in the right direction ;)
They clearly do not know what they send me as it does not work as expected and there are no markings on the unit whatsoever. I did have a look inside and the two display units look a little different from each other. The firmware they send me had only three files in it from 2020, 6315lcdconfig.cfg, logo.bmp and lsec6315update.
The config file has this in it:
clnpL10P8-WD090HNL60AC-Q3_1280x720 20200817
which is the original display definition, not the new one.
I presume that the HU does not inquiry the display to see which is connected but that it is burned in the firmware with the above firmware update.
I hope Joying will update me this night how to proceed :)
Good news!
Received a new update file and here the 6315lcdconfig.cfg file contained this line:
clnpL10P8-LVDS_1280x720_JE 20200819
Now the display works as expected.

carroamer

Mar 10, 2022
I am looking to replace the failed head unit in our 2012 Citroen C5 with a Joying unit. While Joying advertise a Canbus decoder for our model of car, they say it is not suitable for our particular car because it has the premium factory sound system (including amp). They suggest looking for an aftermarket one.

I realise others will not be familiar with our particular car, but I understand a number of other modern cars have similar systems where they remove electronics from the dash, send as little as 2 channels of audio to the factory amp and all controls and processing is done there. My question is, would it ever be possible to get an interface to get a system like this to work from an Android unit? I have not been able to find one so far. Suggestions?

Assuming that will not work, I think(?) the only other alternative is connection from Canbus decoder, bypassing amp, fitting Crossover units and trying to match to existing speakers (want to keep them as they are difficult to remove).

dbmgreen

Oct 28, 2008
I am looking to replace the failed head unit in our 2012 Citroen C5 with a Joying unit. While Joying advertise a Canbus decoder for our model of car, they say it is not suitable for our particular car because it has the premium factory sound system (including amp). They suggest looking for an aftermarket one.

I realise others will not be familiar with our particular car, but I understand a number of other modern cars have similar systems where they remove electronics from the dash, send as little as 2 channels of audio to the factory amp and all controls and processing is done there. My question is, would it ever be possible to get an interface to get a system like this to work from an Android unit? I have not been able to find one so far. Suggestions?

Assuming that will not work, I think(?) the only other alternative is connection from Canbus decoder, bypassing amp, fitting Crossover units and trying to match to existing speakers (want to keep them as they are difficult to remove).

Does your "Premium" sound system perform other functions like heating or park distance sensor control? It might not be related to the stereo function itself?

dbmgreen

Oct 28, 2008
Question.

I have a joying SC9853 with a 1280 x 720 screen no soft buttons screen only.
Have been having problems with it so have ordered a Joying UIS7862 with soft buttons and volume nob. Website says 1280 x 800. There is currently no other choice for my car.

Anyone care to suggest if the screens would be compatible ie: mainly could I use my older screen with the new unit, if I didn't want the soft buttons??

War-Rasta

Oct 6, 2009
Santo Domingo
Probably not, but you can try it when you get the new unit. If it doesn't work, just go back to the new screen.

I'd be interested to know if it works so post back when you try it.

Reactions: dbmgreen

warata

Apr 25, 2016
Tsu
Looks like yet another firmware update was released. Has anyone tried it?
This time, JOYING doesn't show any improvement points, but my guess is that the sleep mode has changed a little. I also saw the item "Plug In Serial Device Settings" for the first time.

And still have a bug that erases Google contacts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220326-170915.png
    Screenshot_20220326-170915.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20220326-195527.png
    Screenshot_20220326-195527.png
    167.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
I was able to connect the ADB using the cable. In the developer settings, there is an additional menu (three dots in the upper right corner) in which there is a usb to PC connection setting. When clicked, two options appear in Chinese. You have to choose the second one. Additionally, of course, you have to enable usb debugging.
I have:
-selected the USB to PC connection under the "..." three dot menu in developer options section
-USB debugging on
-default usb configuration set to file transfer
-cable from computer running to Joying

Yet when I go into adb and run command "adb devices" it does not pop up "allow usb debugging?" nor does it show RSA key fingerprint on the Joying HU.

Am I missing something?

ovimunt

Mar 22, 2011
London
Hi everyone! Does anyone know what is the actual "Octa Core 1.8GHz. 64-bit high-performance processor" that Joying show in their marketing? I am refering to this specific unit (SKU JY-VQ159N4G-B).

Thanks!

KrewsialNL

And still have a bug that erases Google contacts.

I had the same and they sent me this. Which, was something they sent and actually worked for me

1. Go to joying settings
2. Go to user/account
3. Click on your account name (email) and then click on "Account sync" just below account name, this will open a new menu.
4. There you can disable contacts sync option
5. After connected the "Bluetooth", please go "Contacts" of "Bluetooth" App to download the phone contacts.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I had the same and they sent me this. Which, was something they sent and actually worked for me

1. Go to joying settings
2. Go to user/account
3. Click on your account name (email) and then click on "Account sync" just below account name, this will open a new menu.
4. There you can disable contacts sync option
5. After connected the "Bluetooth", please go "Contacts" of "Bluetooth" App to download the phone contacts.
This is what I told Joying to do and share with their customers, about 5 years ago. And still the bug isn't solved. Unbelievable.

Reactions: CCJ22 and warata

warata

Apr 25, 2016
Tsu
This is what I told Joying to do and share with their customers, about 5 years ago. And still the bug isn't solved. Unbelievable.
I agree. But for a while I think the 7682 firmware has fixed this traditional bug that erases contacts. So to be precise, I should have said "again" instead of "still".
By the way, JOYING released the April 7th version of the firmware, which also erases the contacts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-161117.png
    Screenshot_20220415-161117.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 46

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I've just found out Joying disabled notifications on these units!? Any way of getting them back? Also is root possible on these?
    @Booroondooks proposes to replace the systemUI.apk for that problem on 4PDA. This way the notification will be restored but you will see two clocks.
    Wouldn't happen to have a link to that would you?
    I think it is prohibited by XDA rules to put a 4PDA link. I will send you a pm so please check it.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    @warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
    Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
    Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

to get ADB on UIS7862 unit, read @gottahavit reply, thanks to him

Thank you very much! I made a video because I think the method you think is very beneficial to those who own other models.
    You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    Progress! Thus far I can confirm that Bluetooth is still locked down and the "call xxxx" Google assistant bug is still present.