General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Hello, i connected my application with my ecu on the car, i can record the log on the radio, but i cant find the file, is there anyway i can go into android files to find it?

"my application"?
which application is that? Be clear in what you ask.
And whatever application it is, it is most probably saving its data either in its own /data/data/<packagename>/data folder or in its own sqlite database inside /data/data/<packagename>/. You will not be able to "touch" that as it is against security. Either "your application" has an export option, or you need to root your unit to get to the data.

hksaaa

Jul 4, 2016
"my application"?
which application is that? Be clear in what you ask.
And whatever application it is, it is most probably saving its data either in its own /data/data/<packagename>/data folder or in its own sqlite database inside /data/data/<packagename>/. You will not be able to "touch" that as it is against security. Either "your application" has an export option, or you need to root your unit to get to the data.
okay, application is called Tuner View, its exporting log in csv file (how much throttle i gave, how much air/gas are in car etc.....) there is option to export in Tuner view but when im trying to export its always giving me some error, i tried with total commander, gmail, viber, its usually saving on sd card of mobile phone, but here i cant find it, i downloaded total commander i tried to get into every folder, i can open logs and everything in APP but i just cant export them, i hope this is enought information

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
okay, application is called Tuner View, its exporting log in csv file (how much throttle i gave, how much air/gas are in car etc.....) there is option to export in Tuner view but when im trying to export its always giving me some error, i tried with total commander, gmail, viber, its usually saving on sd card of mobile phone, but here i cant find it, i downloaded total commander i tried to get into every folder, i can open logs and everything in APP but i just cant export them, i hope this is enought information
I think you need to contact Tuner View support. I assume they try to export to SD-card which is no longer allowed without requesting the access and you granting it. I assume it was developed for an older version of Android.

juukeli

Nov 5, 2014
Got this new UIS7862 model now to replace my broken 2 years old Joying (intel) unit. I´m using same can-bus adaptor as with old model, but it´s not working. I asked Joying support for settings, but not working still. My car is Citroen C5 2009, and adaptor is bought from Joying (it´s for this model).

Any idea how to fix this, is it possible to upgrade canbox -firmware, and if so, how to do it? Joying is offering to sell me new can-adaptor, but is that really necessary?

Edit can-bus is working now, Joying support told me wrong settings, it is RCZ, not XP for this adaptor.

Other problem is lousy wifi, this headunit connecst to my phones hotspot, but very often there is no internet connection. Wifi-icon is shown grey with X.

Last edited:

bovcan

Apr 19, 2011
Bovec
I just saw some comparison, true that UIS7862 is build in 12nm, vs PX6 in 28nm.
cpu score looks higher on UIS7862, but not sure about gpu, it looks weaker gpu on UIS7862, if it is truly ARM Mali-G52 MP2, on Px6 is ARM Mali-T860 MP4 which have much higher FP32 flouting point

julien_blanche

Jan 14, 2010
joying website has published Android 12 update, but the funny thing is they only changed just a number in fyt_build.prop file "ro.build.version.release = 12" and voila!!! now you have useless allegedly Android 12..

what a joke...

by the way feel free to raise the number if it makes you feel good :)

• Haha
Reactions: vipsms

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
joying website has published Android 12 update, but the funny thing is they only changed just a number in fyt_build.prop file "ro.build.version.release = 12" and voila!!! now you have useless allegedly Android 12..

what a joke...

You missed the previous posts about this and Android 11.

Chinese origin sellers do not care

Joying is not a real brand it is made up name used by multiple sellers.

Don't be fooled.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Joying isnt a real brand? I thought they were :oops:
Joying is indeed a brand, but it is not a manufacturer. It is an assembling companing who assemble and sell FYT units. Just like T'eyes, Mekede/NaviFly, Atoto (S8/S10 models), and a number of others.
Joying went bankrupt a couple of years ago, and a seemingly new company was started up using the same name and employees, but with a new website and new forum website.

Reactions: Pfeffernuss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

what a joke...

Joying isnt a real brand? I thought they were :oops:
    Joying is indeed a brand, but it is not a manufacturer. It is an assembling companing who assemble and sell FYT units. Just like T'eyes, Mekede/NaviFly, Atoto (S8/S10 models), and a number of others.
    Joying went bankrupt a couple of years ago, and a seemingly new company was started up using the same name and employees, but with a new website and new forum website.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    @warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
    Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
    Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

to get ADB on UIS7862 unit, read @gottahavit reply, thanks to him

Thank you very much! I made a video because I think the method you think is very beneficial to those who own other models.
    You are mixing headunits now, and I think on purpose too. Dasaita is on a completely different platform from Joying/FYT/Teyes/Navifly/etc. Dasaita is based on RockChip PX6 CPU, the headunits we are discussing in THIS thread are based off UIS7862 CPU. You're comparing oranges to apples here. There's also special UIS7862 units with Topway TS10 MCU which have a completely different OS structure, so those do not apply here either.

Processor does not define platform.

I believe you actually mean Dasaita are typically MTCx platform ( not processor type there are many other rockchip platforms.)

That is; Joying/Teyes/Navifly are *typically* FYT as Dasaita (HA) are MTCD/E/P.
    Progress! Thus far I can confirm that Bluetooth is still locked down and the "call xxxx" Google assistant bug is still present.