General New Joying Android 10 UIS7862 Octacore 1.8GHz (4GB RAM, 64GB flash)

Search This thread

Yamarocket630

May 28, 2015
Do any of the joying units with a removable screen allow the screen to be adjusted up/down/left/right?

I have a 7" unit that due to how the screen is recessed makes its hard to see the top edge of the display.

I have plany of room for a 9 or 10 inch screen, but it would need to be shifted to the right to prevent the steering wheel from blocking the left edge of the screen

mclellan83

Dec 26, 2016
I'm having an issue being able to log into Google itself or even the play store where it let's me bring up the keyboard but goes away very quickly. So I want to factory reset it and start over, but the normal few pins don't work for it. Anyone able to tell me what it is please?

j-5

Jun 5, 2013
I'm having an issue being able to log into Google itself or even the play store where it let's me bring up the keyboard but goes away very quickly. So I want to factory reset it and start over, but the normal few pins don't work for it. Anyone able to tell me what it is please?
You can factory reset from the settings menu.
I had problems with my reset button also, it doesn't seem to line up with the hole, I used a mechanical pencil with the lead way out to push it in.

mclellan83

Dec 26, 2016
You can factory reset from the settings menu.
I had problems with my reset button also, it doesn't seem to line up with the hole, I used a mechanical pencil with the lead way out to push it in.
Oh, I hadn't thought about trying that way. I meant the numbers you put in within the menus to access stuff. I had tried 126, 0000, 3368, and 8086 which worked for other menus but not the factory reset

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Oh, I hadn't thought about trying that way. I meant the numbers you put in within the menus to access stuff. I had tried 126, 0000, 3368, and 8086 which worked for other menus but not the factory reset
Next time also read other threads with Q&A which give you answers about pincodes you have not used yet, instead of using those for MTC devices.

Reactions: marchnz

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I asked in the exact thread of the model number? Why would I try others with Q&A that would be for other model numbers?
Well, if you had read those other threads you would have known that all FYT units on the same CPU are identical in their software and way of working.
Also flashing from multiple resellers is universal apart from 1, sometimes 2, easy modifiable flash settings. Only high-resolution screens need a few more tweaks. And T'eyes has modified their software in such a way that you have to pay for almost everything which also locks it if you flash it to Joying or Mekede/NaviFly.
And which "exact thread of the model number"? This thread is about Joying uis 7862 which consists of more than 30 model numbers. Only that should already give you some hint that there is more "exchangeability".

Reactions: mclellan83

Harlley Sathler

Jul 23, 2011
I was updated to the latest Android Auto Beta, which introduces changes to the UI. I was surprised that these changes were not applied to my 7" Joying screen. Does anyone have any clues about why?

mclellan83

Dec 26, 2016
Well, if you had read those other threads you would have known that all FYT units on the same CPU are identical in their software and way of working.
Also flashing from multiple resellers is universal apart from 1, sometimes 2, easy modifiable flash settings. Only high-resolution screens need a few more tweaks. And T'eyes has modified their software in such a way that you have to pay for almost everything which also locks it if you flash it to Joying or Mekede/NaviFly.
And which "exact thread of the model number"? This thread is about Joying uis 7862 which consists of more than 30 model numbers. Only that should already give you some hint that there is more "exchangeability".
Sorry I thought you were trolling me, I had tried what seemed to be the norm for most units without success. Talking with Joying they said it shouldnt need a pin to be factory reset, so now they sent me the software that runs the 13.3 units for some reason. Gonna try installing that I guess

mclellan83

Dec 26, 2016
The 13.3 software works on these units, just an FYI

20221130_210245.jpg

Reactions: surfer63

KlaverBoer

Jan 17, 2009
Hello everyone. Did any of you guys installed the 10-27-2022 update? If so. What is new? I have checked the file size, it is 1,4GB.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I didn't install that version. My unit is working fine with the my current version. I was just curious if somebody else did an upgrade and if its worth to upgrade.
Multiple people did. What they mentioned is that wireless Android Auto worked better.
I only flashed the kernel as new security patches and the new baseband firmware was included in the kernel.

Reactions: KlaverBoer

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
As well as being able to choose between the front and "back" (external) microphone.
I have the Mekede version with that additional setting but I tested it with a mic test app and it showed if you select rear mic then the front mic is still connected. So at least on mine the setting does nothing and my guess is there is a hardware change needed for it to work and the hardware change is on the new Pro versions only.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I have the Mekede version with that additional setting but I tested it with a mic test app and it showed if you select rear mic then the front mic is still connected. So at least on mine the setting does nothing and my guess is there is a hardware change needed for it to work and the hardware change is on the new Pro versions only.
Like mentioned: This does not work with the older Mekedes/NaviFlys/Joyings/Teyes/ etc. If you have one of the new M6 Pros (Mekede) it works as it has been enabled hardware wise. Same for the new Joyings and T'eyes.

Reactions: marchnz

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Hi, surfer63. Good to know! Is there any news about upgrading to new firmware without losing all the user data?
Technically that is very simple to do in the flash. But it can lead to unforeseen issues.
All those firmwares come with a file updatecfg.txt. In that file you will find a line "twipe_all" or "twipe_data". Simply remove or disble that line and nothing will happen. The first line is almost always "test". Leave that one in as it checks your unit and your fimeware.

When an Android app changes the way it saves its configuration leading to conflicts, that app must take care of it itself during its upgrade. FYT apps don't do that.
If you are lucky everything works as it should. If you are in bad luck, you might run into weird issues or even an unstable system.
So it is up to you to take the risk.

Now if you run into such weird issues or even an unstable system, you can clean your USB-stick you use for flashing.
Then only copy the lsec6315update binary onto it AND add an update.cfg to it only containing
Code:
test
twipe_data

In that case all data, settings and installed 3rd party apps will be removed. Mostly this will be sufficient but will require a lot of reconfiguration.
If even this does not deliver a stable system there is no other option than completely flashing your system.

Of course: if you only flash the kernel you will not receive the new FYT apps, but you will not loose anything either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: XDA didn't like me attaching the photos, just got broken links so I'm sorry that they're embedded like this.

Joying just sent me a review unit of their new 10.1" Android 10 head unit so I figured it should have its own thread. It looks like they're pumping out updated versions of all their previous devices by the day so I imagine they'll have versions of this in all the different screen sizes soon. First impression is good. The interface is appreciably more responsive than the Intel unit I currently have in the car. I'm working on some videos but figured I'd throw some pictures in here. Here is an unboxing and interface tour video: https://youtu.be/h__Zc0fwOtw

The PCB looks is clearly iterative but looks to have some significant redesigns, especially with the power supply which is much larger than on the previous Intel design, through that might be required for extra derived voltages for the new UIS7862 SoC.

The previous Intel PCB used an STM32 MCU in between the main SoC and the bluetooth module which probably contributed to the difficulty interfacing Bluetooth devices that weren't specifically allowed by Joying. The area where this chip was now looks to be filled with power components though the same Bluetooth module is still used. I'm hopeful that this means there's direct communication from the SoC to the BT module, but that'll take more digging to determine. There is also a new general purpose ARM Cortex-M4 MCU added between the SoC carrier board and the DSP chip (GigaDevice GD32F330R8T6). I'm curious if that's taken the place of the old STM32 chip or if it's used for something else. Hopefully I'll be able to determine what it's used for, but I'm not touching anything until I get it installed and reviewed.

The green PCB is the Intel board and the yellowish one is the new Android 10 board. Of note is the fact that the new PCB has Joying's name silk screened onto it where the old Intel one didn't. So, at bare minimum, this board is spun just for Joying, even if the only differences are the silk screen layers.

Any requests for specific details?

yHVsNkX.jpg

BF1savB.jpg

b7WJzrV.jpg

3exgCwW.jpg

1W9xbit.jpg

RQ38Whj.jpg

b70J2vp.jpg

IzADAW0.jpg

nZUo3Z5.jpg

YKA0Apr.jpg

BMnYuWV.jpg

zhoRUwF.jpg

WI1D5tO.jpg

Rprw1Fx.jpg

MxcsJYf.jpg

iTAU0dU.jpg
    For those who were discussing the extension cable or mounting the screen away from the head unit:
    I did this recently with this model.
    The cable is not a standard IDE cable. I can't remember the correct description but I will try to send my mind back to the80s.

It is a 40 pin reversed (or flipped) flat ribbon cable using standard IDC 2mm pitch connectors.
    What this means is: Pin 1 = Pin 40, Pin 3 = Pin 38 etc...

A standard IDE connector (AFAIR) is a straight cable, meaning Pin 1 = Pin 1 and Pin 40 = Pin 40

This type of cable is used for many other applications in electronics, so it's not like they made a proprietary cable.

I did an unboxing of the 10.1 unit here:
    And a "remote screen" install here:

And here is a photo of the actual cable that came with the unit to show the connectors, registration keys, and pin outs (Note the red/pink stripe)

I hope it saves someone from blowing up their screen!

p.s. I could be mistaken, trying to find the exact pinout for an IDE cable seems to be a bit difficult. Please feel free to correct me if wrong, but link to the source rather than just your opinion so we can all learn.

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 11.51.28 (1).jpg
    @warata @RealZac
    hi, I did succeed enabling dark theme in google maps. you need to set your screen DPI lower (like a phone DPI instead of a tablet DPI) before opening google maps, this way you'll trigger google maps "Theme" feature in its settings. After that, you can revert back to the default tablet DPI.

To change the screen DPI, go to developer options (enter password, I think "3368")
    Scroll down until you find "Smallest width", change it to 411 dp.
    Then open google maps, and you'll get the "Themes" feature

[[ Memorize the default DPI to revert back later ]]

if you want to enable "System-wide dark theme" on whole android 10. you need ADB & usb cable. I used this app "

Automatic Dark Theme for Android 10" from playstore

Thank you very much! I made a video because I think the method you think is very beneficial to those who own other models.
    I've decided to release CC3 to the public. Have fun. Manufacturer ID is set to 43. I am not responsible if you brick your unit or it explodes. I will provide 0 support. Do not PM me. Do not flash unless you know what you're doing or have a recovery update package to revert back to stock.
    https://mega.nz/file/aYhyFCjJ#BbF7piHxK1zkOxcNfYHecUEofafEPiDfoq4Ux5SsGZY