• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

NEW! [July 26] [Sense 3.5] Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ Sense 3.5 / Smooth / Themed

Search This thread

xdadevolpers

Jul 14, 2011
What is Dalvik?! And how to fix permisions?! I'm totaly n00b sorry..

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Nto works i have tryed all.. But on the another roms works. Strange

jspina

Jun 8, 2011
porter ranch
What is Dalvik?! And how to fix permisions?! I'm totaly n00b sorry..

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Nto works i have tryed all.. But on the another roms works. Strange

do you have flash installed???? If not you can get it at the android market.... Although I dont think you need it for youtube. you could always try reflashing the rom. Sometimes these things happen for no reason. Could anyone confirm youtube not working??? Thanks hope this helped.

Last edited:

chocohagelslagje

Dec 10, 2010
So far this is the best Sense 3.5 rom for my desire z :) ...its super smooth & fast.

only problem is however the "capacitive buttons" are too bright :cool: ...it really hurts the eyes after a while, i have set them to "low light (default)" in the RC team tweaks -> display options. But they do not seem to work.

Is there any tweaks or mods to lower the capcitive buttons brightness ??

When using this rom I installed virtuous unity 9 kernel and then this was solved for me. Got this tip from uvt_novice.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

Reactions: sandipbarik

xdadevolpers

Jul 14, 2011
Ok Problem solved i will write here , if someone has problems with Flash.Player , how to solve:

If you can't see flash videos, games and this happens with RCMix this is what you need to do:

1. Download the ROM , but do not flash it!!
2. Open the Rom Zip , and go here: system -> app , and DELETE the com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk.
3. Now Flash RCMix , and after the rom is loaded , you will not have the flashplayer , simply go to the market and download it.
4. Done!
-

This happens because the already installed flash_player does not have permissions , or it's buged. If you try do install one another version of AdobeFlash , and after re-install the ultimate AdobeFlash by the market it will works , BUT when you will power-off , reboot your phone you will get the same problem. That's why if you do how i have writed you will solve the problem and it will works propietly.

- EDIT -

Fixing permissions / wipping chache or dalvik will not solve the problem , only how i have writed on the 4 steps!

Last edited:

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
Hi,

Is there a version of this ROM without the Blue Theme ?

Thanks

download the original rcmix v4 rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1345738

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

good job. can someone confirm that swap works in new update. i tried the old version but seems that activate but not works. dont want to usw swapper2 or alse.
I folllow this guide but seems doesnt fully works. thanks this rom is gorgeous!
GUIDE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1323447

edit: try it and swap still doesnt work.

Last edited:
Reactions: xdadevolpers

bettlejus

Jan 19, 2010
Hi all,

I have a Desire Z, installed this ROM and love it, I have also applied the V6 SUpercharcher with balanced 3 profile all is well,

2 questions:

i see that this rom comes with RCmix3D v8 kernel after install, should I use another kernel from the tweaks? Unity v10...anyone tried other ROM and it works better for DZ?

I also use VPN connections and APk from google from what I can figure it out, it works with CISCO VPN, but with this ROM/Kernel, the tunnel is made but I cannot make any traffic , the VPN connects but I cannot use remote desktop or anithing else, I have the tun.ko module in modules do you know what the problem might me?

One note: The VPN connections worked when I had Cyanogen with Pershoot kernel, can I use Pershoot kernel with this ROM?

Thank you!

Last edited:

bettlejus

Jan 19, 2010
I have installed the V9 unity kernel but the Deamon Controller app does not work with this kernel, when I try to set the freq to ~1500 it freezes and now I don;t know what to do, I think I will restore a back-up made with Rom manager

Did you guys managed to get the v9 Unity kernel to work with the Deamon Controller?

Da9L

Jan 31, 2007
My mate is trying this rom and he says that so far this is the best rom he has tried ..

However he has experienced the following bugs:

* - Sometimes he can not send sms which is longer than 160 characters. The phone does not give any errors and shows as if the SMS was send, but some times the recipent does not get the message.. Wierd thing is that it is only sometimes other times it works fine.

* - Phone does not turn screen off when answering a call and taking the phone up to the ear, leaving the screen on, so that on screen buttons could accidentaly be pressed

Anyone else noticed this and have a solution ?

uvt_novice

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I have installed the V9 unity kernel but the Deamon Controller app does not work with this kernel, when I try to set the freq to ~1500 it freezes and now I don;t know what to do, I think I will restore a back-up made with Rom manager

Did you guys managed to get the v9 Unity kernel to work with the Deamon Controller?

Unity Kernels V.9 and v.10 support up to 1.8-2.0 Ghz, but it depends on the hardware whether it can handle such an overclock. So, it seems that your phone can't handle even 1.5 Ghz (don't worry, it's usual to many DZs). You have to reduce overclock to 1.15Ghz which is enough, or simply restore ROM from the backup.

Also, you can flash in recovery this attached patch (taken from Unity v.2.39 thread if you're using Virtuous OC Gorvernor) to reduce overclock to 1.0 Ghz. After boot up you can increase a bit overclock through governor. Or, if you're using default built-in Governor, then: download "wake_max.txt" file, rename it to "wake_max" and push it to /system/etc/andrev_oc phone's directory by adb-commands and reboot.
Edit: I have re-build OC patch for this ROM to adjust overclock. Flash it in recovery, at your own risk of course :).

P.S. remember, RCMix and Unity kernel have different overclock scaling, so if you flashed another kernel, adjust it's overclock scaling as well after boot up.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

can I use this rom with ILWT_CM7 kernel and OC Daemon?

Nope, Sense kernels are different from those made for AOSP-source ROMs.

Attachments

• virtuous_unity-ocfreq-patch.zip
    142.8 KB · Views: 3
  • wake_max.txt
    7 bytes · Views: 7
  • RCMix.Energized.OC.patch.zip
    143 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

desmobedo

Feb 27, 2011
Genova
Unity Kernels V.9 and v.10 support up to 1.8-2.0 Ghz, but it depends on the hardware whether it can handle such an overclock. So, it seems that your phone can't handle even 1.5 Ghz (don't worry, it's usual to many DZs). You have to reduce overclock to 1.15Ghz which is enough, or simply restore ROM from the backup.

Also, you can flash in recovery this attached patch (taken from Unity v.2.39 thread if you're using Virtuous OC Gorvernor) to reduce overclock to 1.0 Ghz. After boot up you can increase a bit overclock through governor. Or, if you're using default built-in Governor, then: download "wake_max.txt" file, rename it to "wake_max" and push it to /system/etc/andrev_oc phone's directory by adb-commands and reboot.

P.S. remember, RCMix and Unity kernel have different overclock scaling, so if you flashed another kernel, adjust it's overclock scaling as well after boot up.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Nope, Sense kernels are different from those made for AOSP-source ROMs.

so, what kernel can I use? Thx!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New%20Short%20Lineup%20%2828%25%29%20-%20HTC%20HD2%20Sense%203.5%20NAND.png

Welcome to the RCMix Energized edition ROM thread !

This development thread is for the official RCMix blue, energized custom firmware series for the HTC Desire Z !

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

ROM Features

• Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
    • Rosie transparency... modded
    • Blue overscroll
    • Blue highlights instead of green
    • Deodexed, zipaligned, tweaked
    • Extra Quick Settings
    • Improved SD card read ahead
    • Busybox + runparts, TitaniumBackup
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipaligns apk's at boot
    • A few HTC Apps removed, like HTC Navigation and some widgets
    • A lot of junk removed
    • Updated hosts file for ad removal
    • A lot more stuff... check the changelog below
    • Fast... Stable.. and GREAT battery life

Screenshots of the Runnymede Sense 3.5 build

screenshot_2012-07-16_14-51-43.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-51-54.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-52-08.png

screenshot_2012-07-16_14-52-28.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-52-47.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-53-48.png

screenshot_2012-07-16_14-54-11.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-54-26.png
    screenshot_2012-07-16_14-54-39.png

Downloads and Changelog

7.26.2012 Ver 2

• New Kernel for DHD and Inspire
    • Sense 4 clock and keyboard added
    • Much improved battery life / smoothness
    • New framework graphics
    • Couple of small graphics glitches fixed in email app
    • New Camera app
    • Added Visual Voicemail for CDMA phones
    • Don't forget to Donate something if you like the work
      smile.gif

• Added swipe to dismiss on notification manager
    • Cosmetic changes to notification manager
    • Fix tabs white text not easily readable
    • New framework graphics for a more consistent/professional look

• SD Card read ahead buffer values optimized
    • Nicer DSP manager with more options
      biggrin.gif
    • Sense 4 graphics elements throughout ROM (more to be done...)
    • Revised Tweaks application (mainly remove stuff that didnt work due to RCTeam's taking their addons server down)
    • Black Sense 4 style dialer !
    • Chainfire's SuperSU instead of Superuser for root access..
    • Updated all apps and apks to current releases

• Major graphics rework throughout ROM (more color... some ICS theming... more black/blue)
    • Sense 4.0 ringtones/volume sounds
    • Faster camera
    • Small framework tweaks
    • ENJOY!
      smile.gif

• New UNITY kernel
    • EXT4 support for some devices
    • FIXED bluetooth headset issues for all devices
    • Updated all apps to current versions
    • Trimmed the ROM some more
    • Fixed Camera issues
    • Tweaks default autobrightness lowest value to a little higher
    • Updated graphics with ICS components
    • Rebased entire ROM for more stability

----------- Trimmed --------------------------------------

• RCMix 4.0 Blue Energized edition released.

• Initial release

Click here to download

Credits:

- RCTeam and Klquicksall for their great kernel and base!
    - flemming for his M10Tools
    - brut.all for the apktool
    - And all other great devs that share their work for free!
    ROM and downloads links updated! Enjoy guys :)
    New ROM posted. Hopefully this one runs a lot better for you guys :)