New KAISER ROM Valentine 1.0.2 - based on not so super froyo RLS18

Search This thread

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
Do I have to tell you something 20 times or more :D? Use the same kernel, just new distro :D!

LOL! Will do. :rolleyes: I tends to do that sometime...

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

got it installed, but when I tried to use wifi, it said error. How do I fix this problem?

tomcug

Jun 29, 2009
Same one I was using, I just tried that a few minutes ago and same result.

Man, learn to read!!!!!!! I told you to apply update package from kernel!!!!!!! There's androidupdate.tar there, you need to copy that to your SD card!!!!!!! And after that apply update the same way you flashed Android distro, just choose to apply update in that menu!!!!!!!

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
Sorry man, I tends to rush into getting it done, my bad. :eek:

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

OK! Got the update flashed, wifi works now. but still having reboot problem. :(

Also after it reboot my battery went from 69 to 5 percent. :(

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
Did you apply any overclocking in Atools?

Nope, I didn't change anything, just use the default. Also was able to turn on wifi, but gets errors when I tried to connect to the network.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Hmmm, just checked and it will not connect to the network, but no error now.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Don't know man, you probably will say I am a problem child for this. LOL! I also have system error when I fist boot up. Also wifi works then don't work, I don't know what to say anymore. :confused: confused.

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
I only use open networks so I wasn't aware of this problem. I'll try later. BUt I don't know what's worng with your battery, for me it lasts 1 day after both CPU and GPU overclock.

Thanks for looking into this, just to confirm I am able to connect to open network and it works well. But with the WEB, it hangs and depleted all my battery.

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
I only use open networks so I wasn't aware of this problem. I'll try later. BUt I don't know what's worng with your battery, for me it lasts 1 day after both CPU and GPU overclock.

Thanks for looking into this, just to confirm I am able to connect to open network and it works well. But with the WEB, it hangs and depleted all my battery.

Wifi problem solved with downgrading to .25 kernel with some flashing and reflashing.

Battery life is a different story and still confused. I had the battery charged at 11PM until 5AM with wifi on instand by mode it drop down about 22% to 24%. But as soon as I start using apps/wifi, it drop down below 10%. :(

tomcug

Jun 29, 2009
Wifi problem solved with downgrading to .25 kernel with some flashing and reflashing.

Battery life is a different story and still confused. I had the battery charged at 11PM until 5AM with wifi on instand by mode it drop down about 22% to 24%. But as soon as I start using apps/wifi, it drop down below 10%. :(

I'm running out of my patience with you... I told you to use this and tell me the results!

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19304818&postcount=2

lohtse

Apr 1, 2009
Where ever they send Me!!
am new to the dual boot on kaiser so PLEASE forgive me for the stupidity..

Just installed this(as DUAL boot) but can't get WIFI to work..

Everything else seems ok just Wifi and as I use wifi I would like to get this to work...

What do I need to do to solve the issue??

Which files do I flash and HOW???

PS

applied update in first post and NO JOY

Last edited:

tomcug

Jun 29, 2009
am new to the dual boot on kaiser so PLEASE forgive me for the stupidity..

Just installed this(as DUAL boot) but can't get WIFI to work..

Everything else seems ok just Wifi and as I use wifi I would like to get this to work...

What do I need to do to solve the issue??

Which files do I flash and HOW???

PS

applied update in first post and NO JOY

Flash on NAND and apply kernel update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kaiser ROM is based on not so super froyo RLS18
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    1.02 is the latest version and is a full version, so you do not need to download 1.0
    If you want to set a locale other than Spanish or English you will still need to apply this patch
    and as a result of the patch you will loose the battery % indicator
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine 1.02

Tested with clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel and a recent atools generated 2.6.32 vanilla kernel

Change log:

Initial release
    The desktop background has been changed by a smaller file
    The battery indicator has % and battery shape (not the green circle)
    Go launcher EX in DATA
    minor updates
    removed some fat in line with FatFree RLS5

Fully odexed SYSTEM for a faster boot
    minor bug fixes
    minor app updates

Replaced 1.01 market with one optimized for the Kaiser (thanks to my tocayo Arturo for the tip)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For your convenience here are two kernels tested with this rom:

Kernel with both wifi and DATA enabled clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel

Kernel with WIFI-only clemsys #63 wifi-only 2.6.32 kernel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want better localization at the price of the battery percentage indicator you can install this patch
    But bear in mind I do not personally use this patch and it is reported not to work with Valentine 1.02 so I recommend you do a nand backup before trying it

Feedback is welcome...
    If you have another kernel that works fine with this rom, please send it to me indicating if it is .32 or .25 and what you have tested and I will be happy to add it to this post to help other users looking for the perfect match rom + kernel

and if somebody wants screenshots you can find some there (with a theme on)

http://www.ziddu.com/download/13802744/androidinstall.rar.html

TIPS AND KNOWN ISSUES:

- If you have issues with wifi, 3g or bluetooth, install this androidupdate tar ball:

and repair permissions afterwards

- When using atools please set the correct panel type and refrain from using ´auto´ as that feature is far from working well.

- If you have problems with sound and/or camera try using radio 1.70.19.9 (and not later)
    glad you like it!
    I must admit I haven´t tried exporting from SIM as all my contacts are on my google account. Did this work in ´Not so super froyo RLS18?´
    Feel free to elaborate on the nature of the problem...

wow dude is so fast is more faster than Fat Free Froy!!! Everything works only exporting from SIM work with Radio 1.70.xx :) Good job
    Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language :p Did you make All Languge version?
    the lack of language support is due to the file /system/framework/framework-res.apk

You could update your system with the one from RLS18 and you will recover your language support (you will use the battery % indicator and the smaller (faster) desktop background

so take framework-res.apk from RLS18
    create a folder called system, and inside another one called framework

tar this ´system´ folder and call it androidupdate.tar

flash that using update (use the atools script)

Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language :p Did you make All Languge version?
    I have added the localization patch to the first post, enjoy it :)

This is right, same for me, but any settings - I dont understand it in english :eek: Because my english isn't wery well..