NEW link add ...HTC U11 RUU 3.31.401.1 Dual sim.

Search This thread

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
Sorry...

It doesn't matter which bootloader is for ruu: locked or unlocked or relocked. You can use ruu for any bootloader for U11. The system information for R1 is the same as in your screenshot. I can't load the screen, because after ruu I flashed los rom.
But you can see this here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=830013&view=findpost&p=89886011

And I gave link to LOS topic to indicate that I successfully flashed ruu R1. I compared ruu and ruu R1. R1 is newer and fully compliant with OTA. Differents in ruu and ruu R1 - several libraries in /system, several partitions in firmware and some lines with technical information in build.prop. Therefore, I personally chose R1 for myself.

With RUU (not R1) everything is working fine for now. If I see something strange during this week I will post it in this thread.

Thank you for your information and work. Bye!

EDIT: I flashed the RUU from pie. I had some issues since the official ota and I wanted to do a fresh install and compare... Maybe it could be helpful to someone.

Last edited:

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
One week with the first ruu and now I am using the R1 ruu.

I can say that the R1 is the ota we received in August. The first ruu has some differences in the webview settings/implementation (chrome and other apps work slightly different).

Reactions: Golv

takeda2810

Nov 6, 2019
Hi,
does anyone knows if there is a RUU for 3.31.401.1? The link above only contains the OTA as posts before mentioned.

I bought a U11 with custom ROM on ebay and I want to go back to stock. I tried some things and finally end up in a software brick. I can only boot into bootloader and RUU. I think the only way is the RUU but I can't find the correct RUU.
My phone is S-ON, bootloader locked, "Allow OEM unlock" off and brocken OS (after "factory reset" asks for encryption password - but I don't have one)

(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_ocndugl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 1560000000
(bootloader) serialno: //////
(bootloader) slot-count: 0
(bootloader) current-slot:
(bootloader) imei: /////
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 8998-200321-1905141529
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 2PZC30000
(bootloader) cid: HTC__034

Thanks in advance and best regards!

me too , can you fix did

tansu

Nov 7, 2012
First you must flash hosd_signed.img from nogat framework.
Remember you must flash it on bootloader by
Fastboot flash hosd hosd_signed.img
Can I flash from recovery?
For some strange reason my phone can not be s-off or unlocked, can not use fastboot. When I try to use fastboot it alwys gives "Command error !!!"
This is a defect version, cid for a single sim model, but it's dual sim. Thats why it gets no updates and HTC is totally ok with this.

tansu

Nov 7, 2012
it appears fastboot works on download mode, not in bootloader. But this time host signed thing is not working.. I think I have to find it for my current version which is 1.13.401.1 So where can I find it? Google says nothing about it.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Whole forum speak about a hosd_signed thingy. Someone says, flash host_signed, and the other one: thanks buddy it worked. But where is the hosd?

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
it appears fastboot works on download mode, not in bootloader. But this time host signed thing is not working.. I think I have to find it for my current version which is 1.13.401.1 So where can I find it? Google says nothing about it.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Whole forum speak about a hosd_signed thingy. Someone says, flash host_signed, and the other one: thanks buddy it worked. But where is the hosd?

You must be in bootloader.

I did it with a stock phone two weeks ago (please, read the post. All your questions have been answered)

And no, the hosd.img must meet the ruu you are flashing not the version you have installed.

The hosd.img is within the. Zip or https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80567339&postcount=14 <-- in this post you have ALL the information. Read carefully, slow and understanding everything.
There you can read:

"NOTE: If you try to flash ruu and it ends with a fatal error: ***_SIGNATURE_ERROR then you need flash hosd_signed.img from this R1- 3.31.401.1 before ruu flash.
- In bootloader mode run in command line:
Code:
fastboot flash hosd hosd_signed_3.31.401.1_R1.img"

Thanks to @Golv

Last edited:
Reactions: SaBo and Golv

tansu

Nov 7, 2012
You must be in bootloader.

I did it with a stock phone two weeks ago (please, read the post. All your questions have been answered)

And no, the hosd.img must meet the ruu you are flashing not the version you have installed.

The hosd.img is within the. Zip or https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80567339&postcount=14 <-- in this post you have ALL the information. Read carefully, slow and understanding everything.
There you can read:

"NOTE: If you try to flash ruu and it ends with a fatal error: ***_SIGNATURE_ERROR then you need flash hosd_signed.img from this R1- 3.31.401.1 before ruu flash.
- In bootloader mode run in command line:
Code:
fastboot flash hosd hosd_signed_3.31.401.1_R1.img"

Thanks to @Golv
Thanks a lot for the answer.
But the errors I got are quite different than those mentioned here and the other topics. @mehrdad_esmaeeli said I must flash hosd_signed.img from nogat framework. I had alredy flashed hosd_signed_3.31.401.1_R1.img and got the error and I thought maybe there is a version for nougat.
At the end, I used 3 other HTC's in the past but u11 is a big disappointment. According to HTC support it doesnt and wont get any updates because it's imported from UAE, but also it has Turkish CID. They dont really know about their own production.
I tried RUU spreadsheet for my CID (m27) and it seems to be the single sim model but mine is dual. I flashed twrp and tried lineage os and pixel experience but they are not stable. So I am stucked with android 7

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
Thanks a lot for the answer.
But the errors I got are quite different than those mentioned here and the other topics. @mehrdad_esmaeeli said I must flash hosd_signed.img from nogat framework. I had alredy flashed hosd_signed_3.31.401.1_R1.img and got the error and I thought maybe there is a version for nougat.
At the end, I used 3 other HTC's in the past but u11 is a big disappointment. According to HTC support it doesnt and wont get any updates because it's imported from UAE, but also it has Turkish CID. They dont really know about their own production.
I tried RUU spreadsheet for my CID (m27) and it seems to be the single sim model but mine is dual. I flashed twrp and tried lineage os and pixel experience but they are not stable. So I am stucked with android 7

The ruu of this topic is for u11 dual SIM EMEA.

You cannot flash this ruu if your device has different Cid and mid.

I suppose you will have to change Cid and then try again. Until then you will stuck in that error.

Reactions: SaBo

Sheppie

Jan 15, 2009
Behind a screen
After the oem RUU flash of the R1 image from Golv i cannot decrypt the system image in recovery. I didn't setup the phone yet and didn't setup a password. Has anyone found a workaround for this?
In download mode I don't have the factory reset mode and i've already tried factory reset after a minimal phone setup. Still no effect.

EDIT:
So, as a user that didn't know how to use the search function, the answer was right in the forums itself. For those who have the same struggle as I did, follow these steps and you're good to go.

Last edited:

blurp76

May 29, 2009
Has anybody being able to install magisk after flashing this RUU? I had i definitely installed it before flashing it, but it just bootloops to recovery. I've tried flashing from TWRP and patching the boot.img file I extracted with RUU Decrypt tool, but it keeps bootlooping to recovery

nguyenvantuc

Apr 9, 2016
i need stock ruu for my htc u11

239791225_1077815986360353_4374132677545851380_n.jpg

Top Liked Posts