• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NEW METHOD][ROOT] [Extreme Syndicate] [Snapdragon][G950U/U1][V8 Bootloaders]

Search This thread

undogooder

Dec 14, 2014
How do I get into download mode? I can't figure it out. I can get to recovery & boot the phone but no download.

chomper33

Sep 25, 2020
I tried the pre-rooted nougat method a while back and it worked perfectly. However, I am wanting to trade this phone to someone now. Is there a way to undo this and go back to the un-rooted pie?

odurdav

Oct 9, 2018
Is there an android 10 ROM for the g950u?

I have searched everywhere I know for android 10 ROM for g950u

Britch3s

Sep 10, 2016
Grayson
Good evening, I rooted my s8 using this method. It seems everything works except mobile data. When the phone first powers on it says carrier ATT but I'm on straight talk (vzw). Calls and txt work fine. Any ideas?

unsure if you got your data workin, but ima guess your apn isnt configured correctly. you can get the apn off google for straighttalk phones. one trick straighttalk isnt sharing tho is to add ,hotspot into your apn under apntype. also from what i can tell this isnt working on att sims anymore. used to work fine as i would hotspot the entire house without issue but now nope... not sure if they caught on to me or what. anyhow GL

Meta-Hiss

Sep 27, 2020
install Phone info sam app from app store, go to othertools-->Servicemode(root), it will open the service menu.

tonycstech

Apr 17, 2014
Instructions say i need COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU7ASK1.tar.md5 int AP and G950U_CACHE_FORCE_REBOOT_V7.tar.md5 into CSC but no download link for G950U_CACHE_FORCE_REBOOT_V7.tar.md5.
I found G950U_CACHE_FORCE_REBOOT_V7.tar.md5 on google and i get error when flashing.
Not sure which file is causing error.
<ID:0/011> FAIL! SHA256 is invalid
see attached screenshot

I googled around and downloaded patched odin. That did not help, i got more errors now below
<ID:0/011> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/011> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/011> FAIL!
<ID:0/011>
<ID:0/011> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Please help

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

shangzhang

Sep 28, 2007
Instructions say i need COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU7ASK1.tar.md5 int AP and G950U_CACHE_FORCE_REBOOT_V7.tar.md5 into CSC but no download link for G950U_CACHE_FORCE_REBOOT_V7.tar.md5.
Please help
Thank you @jrkruse.
Same question here. I didn't see G950U_CACHE_FORCE_REBOOT_V7.tar.md5.
Another question I have is that you mentioned COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU8ASK1.tar.7z, yet it's actually COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU7ASK1.tar.7z. Did I get it wrong?

Thanks a lot.

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
I found G950U_CACHE_FORCE_REBOOT_V7.tar.md5 on google and i get error when flashing.
Not sure which file is causing error.
<ID:0/011> FAIL! SHA256 is invalid
see attached screenshot

I googled around and downloaded patched odin. That did not help, i got more errors now below
<ID:0/011> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/011> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/011> FAIL!
<ID:0/011>
<ID:0/011> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Please help

Thank you @jrkruse.
Same question here. I didn't see G950U_CACHE_FORCE_REBOOT_V7.tar.md5.
Another question I have is that you mentioned COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU8ASK1.tar.7z, yet it's actually COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU7ASK1.tar.7z. Did I get it wrong?

Thanks a lot.

OP Is fixed with Proper files

Reactions: PEZ Dispenser

Athasgames

Nov 25, 2019
www.dsc.gg
I currently am half-way through this process. I am using the Factory Binary, and am trying to use Safestrap to install the prerooted Nougat ROM you provided in the second post. But there is one small issue... the system (.img) file is not recognized by the installer, only the SuperSU (.zip) file is recognized. I had a thought, and that was to pack the (.img) file into a (.zip) file but I didn't know if attempting to flash it would go well, and I didn't want to loose the progress I have so far.

How do I get SafeStrap to recognize the file as an installable one?
I have both the (.img) file and the (.7z) file copied over, neither are recognized.

Again, I have followed your instructions exactly, and have had no hiccups other than this so far, So I thank you for that :)
would packing the (.img) file into a (.zip) archive using 7Zip work?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
I currently am half-way through this process. I am using the Factory Binary, and am trying to use Safestrap to install the prerooted Nougat ROM you provided in the second post. But there is one small issue... the system (.img) file is not recognized by the installer, only the SuperSU (.zip) file is recognized. I had a thought, and that was to pack the (.img) file into a (.zip) file but I didn't know if attempting to flash it would go well, and I didn't want to loose the progress I have so far.

How do I get SafeStrap to recognize the file as an installable one?
I have both the (.img) file and the (.7z) file copied over, neither are recognized.

Again, I have followed your instructions exactly, and have had no hiccups other than this so far, So I thank you for that :)
would packing the (.img) file into a (.zip) archive using 7Zip work?
After you choose install select install image

shangzhang

Sep 28, 2007
Ok I fixed that as well. Good catch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir for the fix. Did you forget to add the link to COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU8ASK1.tar.md5 ? There was a link there, or did I miss anything?
Just to clarify here. In the 3rd step, you mentioned "Use provided odin and In odin AP slot load the COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU8ATG1.tar.md5". Did you mean "COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU8ATG1_CL13344735_QB33169116_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5" instead? Sorry for bugging you. I just want to make sure that I understand you correctly and I need to follow your instructions to the letter.

Thank you again. @jrkruse

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Thank you sir for the fix. Did you forget to add the link to COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU8ASK1.tar.md5 ? There was a link there, or did I miss anything?
Just to clarify here. In the 3rd step, you mentioned "Use provided odin and In odin AP slot load the COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU8ATG1.tar.md5". Did you mean "COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU8ATG1_CL13344735_QB33169116_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5" instead? Sorry for bugging you. I just want to make sure that I understand you correctly and I need to follow your instructions to the letter.

Thank you again. @jrkruse
You’re just nitpicking now. Put 2 and 2 together

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have the G955U this might fix your problems 😉

Read it carefully before you do anything.

Comes with safestrap.

Not even gon a bother with the F version as I don't have a 955F
    lmao kanged.. Nice job at the thread hijack lol Maybe next time you will ask for permission from the dev whos work you want to use and give credits when due. Its always a good idea to refresh yourself and look over the rules before posting.
    There is a new root method that I am testing out if interested join the telegram thread to test out if I feel it is safe again I will post stuff here

Link To Telegram Channel S8_N8_ROOT
    Rooted Nougat Rom

This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.

Downloads
    system_s8_brb1.7z
    BL_G950U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Magisk_System-v21_4.zip This is system magisk not the normal systemless magisk so magisk hide and modules will not work!
    SuperSU_System.zip
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

SM_955_Mods_Safestrap_NOUGAT.zip Will fix volte icon
    Directions
    Safestrap Method
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

1. Extract system.img from the system_s8_brb1.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image
    2. Flash either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip
    3. Reboot to download and flash BL_G950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
    4. If you get constant rebooting to safestrap flash Nougat safestrap zip while in safestrap

New V8 Pie Rom With Safestrap For The S8 SM-G950U/U1 Can Be Found In The New Threads Below

New DTI3 Pie Rom With SafestrapFor S8 With V7 Bootloaders
    Hi, thank you for your hard work. It works on Canadian S8. I installed after pie version. Do you have any idea how often the pie version Will be updated?

I update if something changes but lets face it there isn’t much to update anymore. Maybe a new google style rom soon

Sent from some device I modified
    Thank you guys for keeping this nice device alive.
    I'm just glad we was able to stick it to em once again ???
    rooted nougat rom added to post 2