• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NEW METHOD][ROOT] [Extreme Syndicate] [Snapdragon][G950U/U1][V8 Bootloaders]

Search This thread

bradical711

Aug 26, 2017
Google Pixel 4 XL
There is no need to be like this. The OP has done an excellent job organizing, maintaining and updating this thread. If you do not understand something you can either ask, or REREAD OP. If you still do not understand, then maybe this method isn't for you and you're better off staying stock.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs

Reactions: PEZ Dispenser

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009

You have a hard time deciding what thread you want to complain in don’t you? Some times your in s8+ thread now you’re here. Maybe come over to my s9+ thread and complain there for awhile because these threads will be no more here before long because I’m ending development for 8 series

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Sad

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Punctuation, spelling and caps would make this a lot clearer and less risky!!

Why don’t you proofread my directions for me Dr. Harvard and I’ll fix my errors or did you need me too put together a picture or video tutorial for you and color code everything. I realize I’m not the best at creating directions and sometimes I try too update them using Tapatalk which isn’t always ideal. Inconsiderate people like you are the reason these threads are ending. I hope you enjoy stock and maybe you can find some stock discussion threads too complain in or offer judgment against people that give you something for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
D

Deleted member 9430735

@jrkruse I just flashed the latest on my Samsung S8 G950U and almost everything seems to being working. The 4G LTE issue is fixed but ethernet over usb is broken, I recall this working at some point or another. Was this working at all during development or has this always been a compromise for a rooted system?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
@jrkruse I just flashed the latest on my Samsung S8 G950U and almost everything seems to being working. The 4G LTE issue is fixed but ethernet over usb is broken, I recall this working at some point or another. Was this working at all during development or has this always been a compromise for a rooted system?

I really don’t know too be honest

Ok folks... I am feeling pretty stupid here but I am a little lost!

I got as far as the end of the 1st part: " 8.. Now from here you can proceed to install a rooted nougat rom or one of my safestrap pie roms " - I have done that, everything is happy.

So now the next part!

" 1. Extract system.img from the system_s8_brb1.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image "

I have copied them both to my phone, but ... How do I reboot to safestrap? It seems like I have somehow missed a major part.

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Ok folks... I am feeling pretty stupid here but I am a little lost!

I got as far as the end of the 1st part: " 8.. Now from here you can proceed to install a rooted nougat rom or one of my safestrap pie roms " - I have done that, everything is happy.

So now the next part!

" 1. Extract system.img from the system_s8_brb1.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image "

I have copied them both to my phone, but ... How do I reboot to safestrap? It seems like I have somehow missed a major part.

Well if you don’t see the safestrap splash screen when you reboot phone after completing steps in the OP then you didn’t do it correctly

Oh weird, you are right! The next time I rebooted, it showed the 10 second countdown and the option to go into safestrap.

So what bootloader should I flash to go straight to Android and not ask me to go into safestrap? I tried BL_G950U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.md5

Well if you don’t see the safestrap splash screen when you reboot phone after completing steps in the OP then you didn’t do it correctly

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Oh weird, you are right! The next time I rebooted, it showed the 10 second countdown and the option to go into safestrap.

So what bootloader should I flash to go straight to Android and not ask me to go into safestrap? I tried BL_G950U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.md5

If your on rooted nougat it will ask you every time you reboot. If your on pie you flash the combo bootloaders before phone can enter safestrap. On pie once you flash combo bootloaders on my pie safestrap rom it will automatically boot into safestrap.

Aaaah, fair enough and thanks for the help, and a great install!

The GPS is finally working and it's lovely to see this thing rooted!

If your on rooted nougat it will ask you every time you reboot. If your on pie you flash the combo bootloaders before phone can enter safestrap. On pie once you flash combo bootloaders on my pie safestrap rom it will automatically boot into safestrap.

Last edited:
Is it possible to have a rooted nougat BL that looks factory and bypasses the asking to go into safestrap mode and just goes straight to the phone? Just so that the phone looks less like a rooted phone to the likes of the TSA! :)

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Is it possible to have a rooted nougat BL that looks factory and bypasses the asking to go into safestrap mode and just goes straight to the phone? Just so that the phone looks less like a rooted phone to the likes of the TSA! :)

I suppose you could disable safestrap I guess. Goto system/bin and find the e2fsck and the e2fsck.bin and swap names with each other

[email protected]

Feb 17, 2014
Hi jrkruse,

My g950u seem bricked after flashed combination_v8.tar ...

My steps:
1. flashed G950USQS8DTJ3 bl ap csc cp in origin odin and wipe data on recovery.
2. flashed COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU8ATG1_CL13344735_QB33169116_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 as ap and G950U_CACHE_FORCE_REBOOT_V8.tar.md5 as CSC in patched odin 3.13.
3. After finished, it went to black screen and no reboot as expected..

Now it has no response, no matter plug in computer or long press vol- and power.

I dont know what wrong with my steps, is that because my stock rom too latest? And is there any solutions to restore it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have the G955U this might fix your problems 😉

Read it carefully before you do anything.

Comes with safestrap.

Not even gon a bother with the F version as I don't have a 955F
    lmao kanged.. Nice job at the thread hijack lol Maybe next time you will ask for permission from the dev whos work you want to use and give credits when due. Its always a good idea to refresh yourself and look over the rules before posting.
    There is a new root method that I am testing out if interested join the telegram thread to test out if I feel it is safe again I will post stuff here

Link To Telegram Channel S8_N8_ROOT
    Rooted Nougat Rom

This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.

Downloads
    system_s8_brb1.7z
    BL_G950U_NOUGAT_V8.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Magisk_System-v21_4.zip This is system magisk not the normal systemless magisk so magisk hide and modules will not work!
    SuperSU_System.zip
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.12-T01-DREAMQLTE_NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

SM_955_Mods_Safestrap_NOUGAT.zip Will fix volte icon
    Directions
    Safestrap Method
    If you didnt upgrade to V8 bootloaders using odin. I recommend flashing full stock firmware with V8 bootloaders even if you are already on V8 bootloader via OTA update. I feel that maybe something in the OTA from V7 bootloaders to V8 may have corrupted a bootloader file and some people have experienced bricks with trying to update to V8 bootloaders from V7 using the below method so I recommend flashing full stock V8 firmware in Odin before trying this method and just understand there has been a risk of bricking device. Full stock can be found on Sammobile or updato or any other service you can find it. You will have to reroot of course. If you Updated to V8 bootloaders using odin method already then no need to do so again

1. Extract system.img from the system_s8_brb1.7z and copy to phone also copy either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip reboot to safestarp and flash system image
    2. Flash either SuperSu_System.zip or Magisk_System-v20.4.zip
    3. Reboot to download and flash BL_G950_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
    4. If you get constant rebooting to safestrap flash Nougat safestrap zip while in safestrap

New V8 Pie Rom With Safestrap For The S8 SM-G950U/U1 Can Be Found In The New Threads Below

New DTI3 Pie Rom With SafestrapFor S8 With V7 Bootloaders
    Hi, thank you for your hard work. It works on Canadian S8. I installed after pie version. Do you have any idea how often the pie version Will be updated?

I update if something changes but lets face it there isn’t much to update anymore. Maybe a new google style rom soon

Sent from some device I modified
    Thank you guys for keeping this nice device alive.
    I'm just glad we was able to stick it to em once again ???
    rooted nougat rom added to post 2