• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

New Mi 10 Ultra user needing help

Search This thread

Terryahki

Jun 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
Hello XDA forums,

I've recently required a global version of the mi 10 ultra after a phone swap. I'm not flash/bootloading/ROM toting gunslinger and have no clue about this software installed on the phone called TWRP.

From my research I've found it's a bootloader that allows the device to be used in other countries and gives access to Google play store.

But I just wondered whether going back to stock is an option, and if so, would that present any issues i.e. lose assess to play store.

If there is a simplified guide or any guide in general I'd be more than happy to look at it :)

Kind regards

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Hello XDA forums,

I've recently required a global version of the mi 10 ultra after a phone swap. I'm not flash/bootloading/ROM toting gunslinger and have no clue about this software installed on the phone called TWRP.

From my research I've found it's a bootloader that allows the device to be used in other countries and gives access to Google play store.

But I just wondered whether going back to stock is an option, and if so, would that present any issues i.e. lose assess to play store.

If there is a simplified guide or any guide in general I'd be more than happy to look at it :)

Kind regards
TWRP or Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery meant to add custom roms, root the rom or make any modifications to the phone's software.

Terryahki

Jun 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
TWRP or Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery meant to add custom roms, root the rom or make any modifications to the phone's software.
Thank you for clarifying that for me :) having spoke to someone via the Xiaomi forums, they stated that it is used on the mi 10 ultra to by pass the Chinese stock ROM and allow Google play store.

The thing I'm lost about is what ROM am I currently using and how do I update it? Would you be able to direct me to some information to troubleshoot this?

Kind regards,
Alex

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Thank you for clarifying that for me :) having spoke to someone via the Xiaomi forums, they stated that it is used on the mi 10 ultra to by pass the Chinese stock ROM and allow Google play store.

The thing I'm lost about is what ROM am I currently using and how do I update it? Would you be able to direct me to some information to troubleshoot this?

Kind regards,
Alex
To see your ROM go to settings > about phone and the info should be there.

Terryahki

Jun 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-19-11-01-59-595_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-19-11-01-59-595_com.android.settings.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 9

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Basically
Hello XDA forums,

Kind regards
Basically Yes, you will lose access to the playstore as China does not allow it on their phones. The 10 ultra's sold to people outside of China had a cutdown version of Google services put on but it did not have location history or find phone and other parts. If you do go back to stock Chinese, you can find playstore app in their version of appstore and if you install it, you can get full Google services again.
If you have the Xiaomi EU ROM installed and you live outside of China, then that version is your best bet. It comes in 2 versions, weekly or stable and both are still updated, so make your choice, stock ROM is available here.. http:/mifirm.net and do a search for cas or mi 10 ultra and install the latest fastboot or recovery ROM if you have twrp recovery installed ( you probably will if you have the EU ROM) or pop over the Xiaomi EU forum for the latest info here.. https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/xiaomi-mi-10-pro-10lite-ultra-10t-pro-lite-10s.204/ and here for the weekly ROM.. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-12-0-12-1-12-2-12-5-stable-release.56191/ and the weekly ROM here.. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-6-16-17.61822/ .
All the info on twrp and the ROMs are on the Xiaomi EU forum but there is lots of help and advice here once you make your choice of where you want to go. The 10 Ultra is a dam good phone with the latest EU ROM installed.