• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

NEW!! Mini K8 Round smart watch Android 4.4.2 inc cell phone

Search This thread

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
The smaller screen might help the 450mAh battery life, assuming the spec's are correct.

You can't trust these website, including Gearbest, inaccurate details, dodgy delivery. But that's what we pay for.

the steve

Aug 9, 2015
WOW I think this might be my new smartwatch! I like the silver version but it is not yet on presale. I think I will wait if it is available for sure and maybe buy in another store. I had my problems with gearbest in the past with a smartwatch lost on the way and it took a lot of time and help from paypal to get my refund at last.
But this watch looks really great and specs are ok. I'm really looking forward to this :fingers-crossed:

[email protected]

Jan 1, 2016
J'ai pris la noire. Reçu avec Gearbest le 29 décembre. Vraiment top. Installation de Maps, Spotify, Google traduction, ... Excellent. Par contre comment ajouter des montres ?

cdespina

May 2, 2011
New Watch K8 mini

Hey, I got this watch are very satisfied. I installed two OTA update. They solved the problem appeared to K8 APN. APN can now add manually. Battery lasts about two days. Full load in 45 minutes. A good day. Please your opinion.

Nov 1, 2013
I bought one. It will take a while for it to arrive though. The question is :will K8 big model updates and fixes work in K8 mini smartwatch?

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
I bought one. It will take a while for it to arrive though. The question is :will K8 big model updates and fixes work in K8 mini smartwatch?

Most of the updates and fixes will have been implemented already when you get this watch.
The software will be the same but resolution will be slightly different.
I'm very interested to see if the TFT screen on the new mini will use less power than the OLED screen of the larger K8.

Nov 1, 2013
I'm very interested to see if the TFT screen on the new mini will use less power than the OLED screen of the larger K8.

Me too. It is going to be my first smartwatch. Since lg urbane 2nd edition was cancelled I have decided to give cheap smartwatches a try. So I do not expect high performance, although I am curious about the device.

ryvandal

Nov 30, 2012
Would love to see an actual review on this, I have been eyeing for awhile.... Love the circuluar frame, and the smallness of it.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

How much space does this watch ACTUALLY have?

It says on all the websites: RAM+ROM: 512MB (471.89MB available) + 4GB (3.59GB available)

But on the video:
https://youtu.be/SufIK4Rh_vs?t=4m12s

right at 4 minutes and 12 seconds in device memory it says "used: 1.21 gb. available: 106.95 mb"

So is this false advertising? 100 megs isnt much memory... maybe like 20 songs... no room for additional OTA apps.... Or did this guy in the video use up 1.2 gb before uploading the video?

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
It will have 1.3gb of storage space free. Same as the K8 regular version. I still want to pull the bigger one apart to see if I can get at the storage but I'm almost certain that it's soldered to the board.

cdespina

May 2, 2011
It will have 1.3gb of storage space free. Same as the K8 regular version. I still want to pull the bigger one apart to see if I can get at the storage but I'm almost certain that it's soldered to the board.

To me it has 2.1 Gb free.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

To me it has 2.1 Gb free.

picture.php

Last edited:

mled_6

Dec 19, 2009
Can you confirm me the dimensions and weigth, please?
- K8 : 47*58*13 mm and 55g
- mini k8: 46*55*12 mm and 78g

Is this possible????
Thank you so much

Another question: the only difference is the screen?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP Recovery for K8 Mini and D5

Ok everyone,

Now that @Lokifish Marz has published this http://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...d5-k8-mini-t3313788/post65293239#post65293239
    for the D5, K8 Mini and X1 - here is the SP Tool flashable TWRP recovery image by @cyrux75 so all credit is to him for this. :good:

An incredible amount of time and work went into this and I think you will agree that the resulting touch format is fantastic - he has made something special here !!
    This recovery is suitable for D5, K8 Mini and X1 and possibly K9 - depending on screen resolution.
    Attached a pic of new format

The install is the same procedure as described in the K8 Round custom rom thread so refer to it if in doubt.
    Usual disclaimers apply - we are not responsible for anyone's issues here. Use this at your own risk !!
    1) Install MTK drivers required - there are many tutorials available for this so please ask me how to do this.
    2) Use the supplied scatter file and just select "download" and only tick the recovery image in the list within SP Tool.
    3) Make sure watch is powered off and then connect your watch to your pc and it will flash in a couple of seconds. Job done :)

I have also included a copy of MobileUncle.apk - useful for rebooting to recovery amongst other things.
    I strongly recommend that you use this in conjunction with the SP Tool flashable rom which Lokifish posted and I linked above - they were made for each other and would have been released together in an ideal world...
    Tuned rooted D5/Mini build later today. The data patch will come later.
    Please don't try root the watch until we have made sure that it's safe to do so. We have a development project for this and the K8 round watch and the No1 D5.
    If you root it now you may prevent future updates from working on the watch.
    A little more time and we'll be able to share some great results with you guys. @Lokifish Marz is helping me to bring this together and I strongly recommend that you wait for the results :)
    I made keyboard for round display

And now work voice find from Google

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jbak2.JbakKeyboard#

Script upload later
    Thanks mate. Mine should arrive in a couple of days.