• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

New Moto X Pure update - NHP25.201.1 - Anybody seeing it?

Search This thread

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND

Attachments

• 25-200-1-small.jpg
    25-200-1-small.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,557
Last edited:

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
Thanks to user @NinjaBoyLao for the heads up... seems a new update is appearing on Moto X Pure, anybody else seeing it?

https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solution/MS124799

Screenshot attached.

EDIT: A see a few MXPE users in this thread have seen an update today as well.

Just got the notification here. I'm currently on 22 (Verizon). I'm rooted w/xposed so I can't take it without a full fastboot flash, but I downloaded it and extracted it. It's about 8mb. For other users, this is if you are on stock -22 and want to sideload the -25 ota from -22. I cannot confirm if this will work if you are on -23.

Blur_Version.25.11.22.clark_retus.retus.en.US: https://mega.nz/#!GR4yha5B!WT97ryQRKD8V0EkefLj6WHwUdTs3boMJea0D3e4ZSGY

8point6

Mar 1, 2011
Can confirm, I just received the notification as well, USA on AT&T, no root but unlocked bootloader. I flashed to 25.200-22 manually.
I'm not sure how I should proceed if I plan on getting root and possibly lock bootloader again.

kgreen66

Aug 19, 2010
Liberty, MO
Got an update today. I returned to stock a while back to get nougat. I've had battery issues since even after factory reset. But I digress. Got this update today. I'm on Sprint.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171213-175330.png
    Screenshot_20171213-175330.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 503

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Once we install this. Will there be any harm going back to .22? Have to say at least they are still pushing some updates out.
Same rules apply as always... Downgrading is questionable at best, this seems to be a boot image update only though, since it is merely 8MB, so it should be possible to downgrade successfully but I don't think anyone has tried yet.

Bysler

May 22, 2011
I received the update notification just now. Unfortunately I have TWRP and rooted with Magisk. I guess I'll have to wait for an OTA flashable zip.

slicetwo

Sep 23, 2012
www.radioactivesandwich.com
Just got the notification here. I'm currently on 22 (Verizon). I'm rooted w/xposed so I can't take it without a full fastboot flash, but I downloaded it and extracted it. It's about 8mb. For other users, this is if you are on stock -22 and want to sideload the -25 ota from -22. I cannot confirm if this will work if you are on -23.

Blur_Version.25.11.22.clark_retus.retus.en.US: https://mega.nz/#!GR4yha5B!WT97ryQRKD8V0EkefLj6WHwUdTs3boMJea0D3e4ZSGY

If I remember correctly, I can't just flash this via TWRP, correct? What are the fastboot flash commands for these files, or will I be better off waiting for someone to just upload a TWRP flashable version?

Thanks!

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
If I remember correctly, I can't just flash this via TWRP, correct? What are the fastboot flash commands for these files, or will I be better off waiting for someone to just upload a TWRP flashable version?

Thanks!

No TWRP. The file I provided is the actual OTA zip from Motorola. It will only apply from the stock recovery (side load) if you are on the -22 build unmodified. If your just stock with systemless root and left TWRP in read only mode, you could simply unroot, fastboot flash the stock recovery and then take the OTA. You would also have to fastboot flash any other modified partitions too from the -22 firmware (like if you changed the logo.bin). However, if your like me and are using the official N xposed or have allowed modifications in TWRP, you would need a full flash of the stock -22 firmware. In this case you could simply omit the bootloader lock, and data wipe commands and "dirty flash" the -22 firmware, take the OTA, and then re-root.

Note: I haven't had the time to do this yet. I cannot confirm if root/Xposed are working correctly on this -25 OTA, but I see no reason it wouldn't. I'm hoping I'll have time later to do it. I honestly don't care if there is some sort of failure, I'll be rocking a Pixel 2 soon. So I will be the guinea pig.

Reactions: swieder711

slicetwo

Sep 23, 2012
www.radioactivesandwich.com
No TWRP. The file I provided is the actual OTA zip from Motorola. It will only apply from the stock recovery (side load) if you are on the -22 build unmodified. If your just stock with systemless root and left TWRP in read only mode, you could simply unroot, fastboot flash the stock recovery and then take the OTA. You would also have to fastboot flash any other modified partitions too from the -22 firmware (like if you changed the logo.bin). However, if your like me and are using the official N xposed or have allowed modifications in TWRP, you would need a full flash of the stock -22 firmware. In this case you could simply omit the bootloader lock, and data wipe commands and "dirty flash" the -22 firmware, take the OTA, and then re-root.

Note: I haven't had the time to do this yet. I cannot confirm if root/Xposed are working correctly on this -25 OTA, but I see no reason it wouldn't. I'm hoping I'll have time later to do it. I honestly don't care if there is some sort of failure, I'll be rocking a Pixel 2 soon. So I will be the guinea pig.

Yeah... that's to much damn work. Haha. I am running Xposed and such. I'll just wait to see if someone makes a flashable file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was stock -22, rooted w/Magisk, TWRP installed. This morning I accepted the Update Nag screen and took it. My phone rebooted to TWRP. Reboots kept putting me there. So this is how I did the install. SUPER EASY!!!

1) Boot to Fastboot
    2) Connect the USB to your computer
    3) Run the following commands (linked to the full commands and package below)
    fastboot devices (make sure it displays your phone here and your phone isn't in adb mode)
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I did not reboot, I selected "Recovery" from my phone's menu. Instead of booting into recovery, the phone began the update. A large circle was displayed during the update. Took about 2 minutes then it rebooted. The boot was also a few minutes and I was back in business. Everything is working great. So I booted to Fastboot, reflashed TWRP and Magisk Root. The whole process took 10 minutes. Hope this helps! Hated that nag screen. Here is the link to the whole process and files:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-style/general/xt1575-moto-x-pure-edition-factory-t3704142
    At the recovery error screen press and hold POWER and tap VOL UP and release both keys, you should see the full log and error message.

Thanks for replying.

Here it is:

cd70973a_826f_4940_a06c_0ba32b02499b.jpg

Something about /modem/image/adsp.b01 :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Thanks for replying.

Here it is:

I found this post of yours acejavelin

As I expected... it's a modem issue. You need to reflash the modem stack from MPHS24.49-18-4 firmware image with fastboot, then it should apply properly.

Code:
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot erase modemst1 
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin

And verify an OKAY response after each step... you might have to do a step more than once., then do the update and it will work.

I did that and took the OTA just fine. Thank you!

KRACK is the issue it primarily addresses.
    Thanks for replying.

Here it is:

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

I found this post of yours acejavelin

I did that and took the OTA just fine. Thank you!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fKpCpUQc1X74a6QQ2 Has anyone gotten this while doing the update? It was bitching about the cache partition now it is modem.

Check my previous post.