New Multi-Touch Skins for Morphgear on the HD2!! BEST EVER!!!!!

princestrong

Jun 20, 2010
I like the pad experiment V2.1. it's too good. I play some game, it has compound buttons X + A, Could you add a new button X + A? I'm very appreciated. Thank you so much.

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
So call me a moron but i cannot get any of these skins working. I put them in the skin folder and when i open up the program and go to the settings, the only skins that i see are the defalt and the wvga default. Is there a special way to save them? I installed morphgear onto the sd card and not phone storage. Could that be a reason?

Tmo HTC HD2
Hi Effzero,
I've got mine installed on the device.
On the device, you extract th contents of the zip or rar file into the skins directory..
I'd imaging that you would nbeed to extract the contents of the compressed file into the skins directory of your sd card..
Let me know how ytou go.
On a side note guys, I've been working more on the pads.. I've found out a few little nuggets of info that'll help make some better skins, will update later this week with a better version in landscape and portrait, with varying styles for snes, smd and sms

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
I like the pad experiment V2.1. it's too good. I play some game, it has compound buttons X + A, Could you add a new button X + A? I'm very appreciated. Thank you so much.
No worries, keep an eye out for it, I'll have it done later this week, hopefully with a slightly tweaked directional pad..

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
It's a commin!!!!

Hey dudes, just thought I'd let youn know I've justv finished making a CRACKIN' snes skin. This one kputs my others to shame!

The d-pad has been tweaked for better use (R-type on the sms works pretty well ,which is sayin' something 'cos sms d-pad reading is not as smooth as smd or smc/smf)

I've tested it on street fighter (can do shoryuken all the way accross the screen, no probs)
Tested on star fox (Can hammer the fire button without any accidental key presses)
Battle toads is a dream..

Man, I gotta say I thihnk this one is as close to perfection as I can get it.. I will continue tweaking tho..

The upload will come later today, once I've applied my dpad and button optimisations to the sms and smd.. This is all in landscape.. I will re-release my portrait ones soon..
Also I've made it so that you can set a bigger screen size..

Next project after this is getting it usable in full screen :)
Stay posted!!

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
New Landscape Pads!!

Ok guys.. here's the latest landscape version..

Been testing heaps of stuff out.. works pretty good.. Let me know how you go!
P.s - Set your screen sizes to 150% :) Looks great!
pps - I put in the button combo you were after princestrong :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Dizzle

Apr 13, 2006

New version works very well. The bigger screen definitely looks better. Keep up the good work :)

Zenny_

Jul 28, 2010
Esbjerg
www.ajytzler.dk
Hey antphoenix

How do i install the gamepad? I can choose the gamepad, but i cant use the controls, im stuck in the entry screen of the game :/ Im playing the game in 150% landscape mode.

Btw. are there any way to get the game to play in fullscreen on my HTC Leo?

//Zenny :)

princestrong

Jun 20, 2010

It's the best, I'd love it. I found a small problem, when I conbine to click the navigation button(Back or Forward) and click a button(A, B, X, Y) at the same time, it works good; but if I conbine to click the navigation button(Back or Forward) and click the compound button(X + A) or (Y + B) at the same time, it does not work, it only affects on the navigation button. I hope you make it work. Thank you so much for your efforts.

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
It's the best, I'd love it. I found a small problem, when I conbine to click the navigation button(Back or Forward) and click a button(A, B, X, Y) at the same time, it works good; but if I conbine to click the navigation button(Back or Forward) and click the compound button(X + A) or (Y + B) at the same time, it does not work, it only affects on the navigation button. I hope you make it work. Thank you so much for your efforts.
Hi man.
I'll check it out. What game are you playing? I will try the same game out if I can, and that way it'll make it easy for me to get closer to eliminating the problem..

I have found that if I play r-typeIII, hammering the y button and moving the direction pad at the same time occasionally pauses the game!

I think it has something to do with the button placement and the location of the start button.. It's making me think about my layout!

I'll test a few things and get back to you on this one!

princestrong

Jun 20, 2010
Hi man.
I'll check it out. What game are you playing? I will try the same game out if I can, and that way it'll make it easy for me to get closer to eliminating the problem..

I have found that if I play r-typeIII, hammering the y button and moving the direction pad at the same time occasionally pauses the game!

I think it has something to do with the button placement and the location of the start button.. It's making me think about my layout!

I'll test a few things and get back to you on this one!
I tested with the game Samurai Spirits (Japan), you can find it here.

http://www.emuparadise.org/Super_Ni...murai_Spirits_(Japan)_(Beta)/29554#User_Media

Hope you will fix it soon. Thank you.

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
Hey antphoenix

How do i install the gamepad? I can choose the gamepad, but i cant use the controls, im stuck in the entry screen of the game :/ Im playing the game in 150% landscape mode.

Btw. are there any way to get the game to play in fullscreen on my HTC Leo?

//Zenny :)
Which pad are you using? (name) and game engine?

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
I tested with the game Samurai Spirits (Japan), you can find it here.

http://www.emuparadise.org/Super_Ni...murai_Spirits_(Japan)_(Beta)/29554#User_Media

Hope you will fix it soon. Thank you.
Hi Princestrong..
I'll look into it buddy, I've got that game, so I can check pretty easy.
Be careful posting links to roms mate, I think it might be against the forum rules...

P.S, I've changed the button arrangement on my personal version and it seems to have fixed the issue with the random pausing when you hammer the "y" button and the d-pad.

I've changed the colours used on the key map aswell, just in case this is causing issues.

I'll upload a modified version soon.

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
Im using "Ant V2.4 SNES start recol Landscape" in Final Fantasy II on my HTC Leo :)

Another thing; are there any way to play the games in full screen landscape mode?

Thanks for your awesome work man :p
Could be a program you are running?
I just installed SPB Mobile Shell on m,y device (Which is awesome), BUT when I have the shell running it stops me from using the touchscreen ad in morphgear!!
Gonna look up a solution to that one later... But for the mo, when I want to use morphgear I have to go into my today screen options and re-enable htc sense to then work morphgear properly...

Is this what's happening to you?

Zenny_

Jul 28, 2010
Esbjerg
www.ajytzler.dk
Could be a program you are running?
I just installed SPB Mobile Shell on m,y device (Which is awesome), BUT when I have the shell running it stops me from using the touchscreen ad in morphgear!!
Gonna look up a solution to that one later... But for the mo, when I want to use morphgear I have to go into my today screen options and re-enable htc sense to then work morphgear properly...

Is this what's happening to you?
Nope, this isnt happening to me. I only had to re-enable HTC sense once, and it had nothing to do with this problem(i think). I have tried running MorphGear with the landscape game pad, after closing all other programs using Task Manager, unsuccesfully.

//Zenny

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone