New Multi-Touch Skins for Morphgear on the HD2!! BEST EVER!!!!!

Search This thread

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
Edited by ME!!*************

Hi Guys!!
I've updated all my pads, Landscape and Portrait to have the new D-Pad and most have the new colours (which I find work a little better)
I'll keep on tweaking, but for the mo, I'm pretty happy with it.. Let me know if you have any issues.

Set your screen to 150%, will fit into the landscape window perfectly on all my pads.
For the new portrait pad I've recently uploaded, set screen size to auto.

These skins are ABSOLUTELY fantastic for games like Street Fighter2.

I can now do Ha-Do-Kens AND shoryukens ALL THE WAY ACCROSS THE SCREEN no probs!!!! I tried all the other skins I could get my hands on but found it too difficult to do the moves with them, so decided to try making my own with a modified keypad pattern, works a charm!

I've also extended the key-press areas to fit where fingers "would" go to by mistake for the buttons etc, and eliminated all blank space on the touch sensor part, so that you don't get unwanted key presses...

I've used the same d-pad skin and made button skins for the SMS and Mega Drive.. The SNES skin works for NES and GBA..

Try them out and let me know what you think.. If you have suggestions or games that for some reason don't work as well as others, please let me know.. I'd like to keep tweaking it..

I've used this pad flawlessly with..
SNES
Street Fighter 2
Final Fight
Mortal Kombat
Battletoads
RtypeIII
Star Fox

SMS
R-Type
Shinobi
Secret Command

Mega Drive
Golden Axe

Woooohooooo!!! :)

Attachments

• Ants_Pads_V2.4.rar
    819.9 KB · Views: 1,979
  • SNES_Portrait_V3.0.rar
    168.5 KB · Views: 1,579
  • GBA_PortraitV2.4.rar
    132.4 KB · Views: 958
Last edited:

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
MOrphgear Pads

can you post instructions on how to use the New Pads for Streetfighter (Multitouch)?

regards

Raziel

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
You legend..............
Does this mean I can finally pull off the finishing moves in mortal kombat??
Sweeeeet :D

Thanks man!!

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
can you post instructions on how to use the New Pads for Streetfighter (Multitouch)?

regards

Raziel
Hi!
To get multitouch to work you need a HD2 or a device with a screen that has multi touch (capacative)

Copy the skin files into the skins directory of morphgear using your file explorer.

In the set-up for the gaming console within morphgear, select the skin as your... skin..

Is this what you were after?

niulj

Jul 30, 2008
works perfect. but i would like them working at landscape mode so that there are more room for fingers. thanks man.

Guus_

Nov 10, 2008
The best pad there is for Morphgear, thanks for sharing!

The only thing I need in Morphgear now is good Genesis audio support, it's rubbish now :( Sonic needs sound.

Any input is welcome! :D

princestrong

Jun 20, 2010
yeah, best ever. I really love it, could you make it in landscape mode? the button A, B, X, Y is near the navigation button, therefore sometimes it makes hardly to play some games. thank you.

Lacabrinator

Apr 23, 2010
Vast improvement. Still difficult to run and jump in Donkey Kong Country, but a hell of a lot more playable than what I was using.

CGCR

Apr 13, 2010
awesome skin, works really well.
i wish there was a landscape version though

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
Hey guys!
Thanks for all the feedback.. I'm gonna make a landscape versin after seeing everybodies posts..
This week I'm a little flat out with work, so I'll do a REALLY quick chop up of my portrait on and slap it together to see what it's like, (which I will probably put up tomorrow)..
I'll re-assess the landscape and spend a little more time making a better landscape for next week..
Hope this keeps the troops happy :)

princestrong

Jun 20, 2010
Hey guys!
Thanks for all the feedback.. I'm gonna make a landscape versin after seeing everybodies posts..
This week I'm a little flat out with work, so I'll do a REALLY quick chop up of my portrait on and slap it together to see what it's like, (which I will probably put up tomorrow)..
I'll re-assess the landscape and spend a little more time making a better landscape for next week..
Hope this keeps the troops happy :)

yeah, fantastic... hope see a best new version soon

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
MOrphgear Multitouch

sorry I meant how to use the Pad literally for Multi touch, to do the moves like dragon punch/Hadoken etc?

If I am not mistaken Morphgear does not support true multitouch so I cannot do the Moves as I would with a joystick.

regards

Ps: I have a HD2 with Artemis 26.1 Rom

antphoenix

Oct 9, 2009
Here's a quick one

Ok.. Here is a REALLY quick make up of the landscape version..

It's not finalised at all! But should be pretty functional.

I need to re arrange the buttons a little and re-do the graphics, but please test it and let me know how it goes and what sucks about it.

I will do it up properly over the weekend...

Attachments

• Pads.rar
    167.3 KB · Views: 94

Guus_

Nov 10, 2008
Ok.. Here is a REALLY quick make up of the landscape version..

It's not finalised at all! But should be pretty functional.

I need to re arrange the buttons a little and re-do the graphics, but please test it and let me know how it goes and what sucks about it.

I will do it up properly over the weekend...

Thanks! but will there be a Genesis landscape version too?

luigipirex

Feb 10, 2009
Tianjin, China
I feel really silly for asking this but it's driving me mad... When I exit the settings screen (by pressing the X button), i get out of the app, so none of the setting changes are saved. But I really can't find any other way out! Could someone help me with this, please?

I am using a windows 6.5.3 build, so the X is on bottom, of course, @latest ChuckyRom.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Luís

luigipirex

Feb 10, 2009
Tianjin, China
I feel really silly for asking this but it's driving me mad... When I exit the settings screen (by pressing the X button), i get out of the app, so none of the setting changes are saved. But I really can't find any other way out! Could someone help me with this, please?

I am using a windows 6.5.3 build, so the X is on bottom, of course, @latest ChuckyRom.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Luís

Sometimes the best answers are the most obvious - i just had to press the BACK hardware key. :D Problem solved. :p