New N6 owner with a quick question

Search This thread

Rodeojones

Aug 6, 2010
Bloomer, WI
Mine just came in today (64 GB Cloud White). Very impressed so far. I'm going to unlock, root, ROM. I'm not a noon in this area - been doing it since the OG Droid days. Not going to do it with a toolkit.

Anyway, it came with 5.0 (build number LNX97M) but I have a notification for a system update. Shows it's the update for 5.0.1, but I imagine the 5.1 update will follow shortly. Can these updates be unlocked/rooted? I assume so, but I like to be certain first. Thanks in advance for your help.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Mine just came in today (64 GB Cloud White). Very impressed so far. I'm going to unlock, root, ROM. I'm not a noon in this area - been doing it since the OG Droid days. Not going to do it with a toolkit.

Anyway, it came with 5.0 (build number LNX97M) but I have a notification for a system update. Shows it's the update for 5.0.1, but I imagine the 5.1 update will follow shortly. Can these updates be unlocked/rooted? I assume so, but I like to be certain first. Thanks in advance for your help.

all nexus updates can easily be bootloader unlocked and rooted. google makes any nexus device easy to be bootloader unlicked and rooted, that who put in the option of fastboot oem unlock :)

Reactions: Rodeojones

Rodeojones

Aug 6, 2010
Bloomer, WI
all nexus updates can easily be bootloader unlocked and rooted. google makes any nexus device easy to be bootloader unlicked and rooted, that who put in the option of fastboot oem unlock :)

Thanks. I figured as much, but wanted to be certain. Haven't had a Nexus since the Galaxy Nexus, so I'm used to being extra cautious about these things. I'll go ahead with the OTAs then unlock and root.

Reactions: simms22

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Thanks. I figured as much, but wanted to be certain. Haven't had a Nexus since the Galaxy Nexus, so I'm used to being extra cautious about these things. I'll go ahead with the OTAs then unlock and root.

you'll get an update for 5.1 after updating to 5.0.1, then later on, you'll get an update for 5.1.1. or, you can also flash and use M :)

Reactions: Rodeojones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

you'll get an update for 5.1 after updating to 5.0.1, then later on, you'll get an update for 5.1.1. or, you can also flash and use M :)