Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Reactions: canezila

alryder

Apr 15, 2012
Lansing, MI
A few articles have been written about the rumored new Nexus phone. If this is how it looks, it looks horrible. The front facing speakers appears to be gone and it looks very iPhone-esq.......similar to HTC's A10.

If it is accurate, it looks pretty bad compared to Motorola's 6.

It's all still leaks and rumors at this point but if things play out the way the leaks are leaning, I'll still be hanging on to my Nexus 6. With the larger screen and running Android Nougat at a more than acceptable performance level I just can't find anything that compels me to upgrade.

Hannes084

Jan 11, 2016
Even though that's just a rumour and not confirmed, I gotta say HTC really hasn't changed much in a decade. My HTC Sensation looks pretty similar to that, and it's ancient. No, I don't use it anymore, it's a backup phone in case my other device breaks. lol. In other words; not liking it and won't be getting one.

Reactions: mikeprius

aroy97

Feb 3, 2015
My contract ends around the same time as the new line of Nexus' come around. If HTC fails to wow me, it seems as though I might be going for the galaxy note 7 or s7 edge. Not a big fan of restricted Samsung, otherwise I'd use the OnePlus 3, but alas it doesn't support CDMA

MrSplaat

Jun 11, 2014
I kinda like the new look, but don't like that they're ditching the stereo speakers. I think I'll hold on to the N6 until it dies on me.

Arju

Nov 11, 2008
Örebro/Sweden
Those are just renders. Hopefully they won't ditch the stereo speakers. Either way I'll be sticking to the nexus 6 for a while and wait for reviews instead of purchasing it right away. Judging from the renders, I don't like the look but it might grow on me eventually, kinda like the camera bump on the nexus 6p. I'm actually more excited about custom Roms on Nougat that the new devices. My phone contract finished March next year and even then if the new devices does not seem to fit me I probably would have to wait. The nexus 6 is a fully capable phone for this day and age and will continue to be for a long time thanks to the xda community. The whale will definitely be a legendary phone in my book.

Reactions: KCT1975

Prozart

Jun 24, 2012
Back East
I've been watching the leaks and rumors and yeah I'm not too excited. I'll probably be sticking with the 6. For me 6" is the perfect size and I love the stereo speakers and wireless charging. And it's plenty fast enough so I don't see any compelling reason to "upgrade" at this point.

Reactions: KCT1975 and dundun

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Well I suppose once it comes out the 6p will be cheaper so if the HTC isn't great there will be a cheaper option. I'm guessing they will price it around $500 which has been pretty typical for the Nexus pricing.

HTC has been struggling since they had their last real hit the M8

The rumor design though with no front facing speakers looks awful but would be consistent with HTC lol

mustyrash

Nov 19, 2012
i love the nexus 6 except for the weight of it. the shape was great but right now id prefer something flat.

the only reason why im interested in the new nexus is because of daydream. other than that the nexus' killer features are the screen - 6" qhd amoled - pretty much unique, stereo speakers and qi charging.

will the new nexus have any 2 out of the 3 of these? i sure hope so!

buzzwyzr

Jul 26, 2010
Woodland
I don't like these renders either. But I remember the dislike for the 6P when renders and test units started showing up. Most hated the design because of the "LaForge" visor. But once we got the real deal it looked much better than anticipated.

Hopefully that's gonna be the case here.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A few articles have been written about the rumored new Nexus phone. If this is how it looks, it looks horrible. The front facing speakers appears to be gone and it looks very iPhone-esq.......similar to HTC's A10.

If it is accurate, it looks pretty bad compared to Motorola's 6.

It's all still leaks and rumors at this point but if things play out the way the leaks are leaning, I'll still be hanging on to my Nexus 6. With the larger screen and running Android Nougat at a more than acceptable performance level I just can't find anything that compels me to upgrade.
    That crop job on the main photo makes me think they used MS Paint. I wish they would make a 6" again like shamu. I've grown to like this size and would like for it to continue.
    not liking the smaller versions appearance, nope. would like a better image to see before i judge it though. the larger version is what i want, so im hoping i like the appearance of marlin much more than sailfish.

That's cause you can only see it clear with one eye. :D (not an avatar joke.....)
    For all the talk of "We're committed to hardware" it looks more as if they're committed to pricing themselves out of the market. They certainly won't be tempting me. When my N6 eventually breaks (they all always finally do) I'll go for the OP3 or whatever the current flavour of the month reasonably-priced flagship killer is. The days when I spend N6 money (£549) are long gone, and I'm astonished that Google are going this way. I don't believe that technically-aware Android users are in any way the same as iSheep, willing to pay a huge premium for a name.
    Same here. I'm far from a power user, and tbh, a Nexus 4 would suffice for my needs. So yeah, a Nexus 6 is still a killer phone as far as I'm concerned. I may even wait 2 more years (2018) and get a 2017 phone for cheap.

The only reason a may get a new one next year is because I like new and shiny things, not because I need one.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Actually, you can find them for $319 new with free shipping.

I may be the only one here who thinks this, but I don't have a problem with a plastic build phone. The Nexus 6 could be "slightly" slimmer and lighter, but outside of that it is very good IMO. It has slimmer more subtle bezels and front vs. the 6p which has wider bezels. I really don't need a fingerprint scanner and the camera is sufficient for me, although I will concede it could be better. I wouldn't have any issue with the Motorola Nexus 6 re-used with just new hardware.

I'm probably just being old school......but I like the past Nexus model where it sold inexpensive phones with good hardware, no frills at a low price. Now you have to pay up $600+ for the glam whether you want it or not. (I don't care for the frills myself).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone