NEW NEXUS 7 Specs!

Search This thread

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
Three models. 16GB Wi-Fi, 32GB Wi-Fi, and 64GB LTE. $229, $269, $349 respectively.

From the verge liveblog

I'm waiting for LTE version. Good enough price for what is offered.

In the meantime I ordered a Chromecast for $35 USD plus tax (NC, USA), shipping, total of $41.62.

Details:
Google has a stick computer.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/

$35 + 3.99 shipping + 2.63 NC sales tax = $41.62
Shipping 2 August 2013, least expensive method Saver 5-10 days.
Ground 3-5 business is $7.99 plus higer tax, total $45.89
Two Day 2 business is $11.99 plus higher tax, total $50.16

It comes with 3 months of Netflix free. So that is about 8x3 = $24 value

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

4g model supports AT&T, Verizon, and T-mobile all in one model!!! I wonder how much.

Wonder what band and coverage map is with Verizon. Interesting.

michaelg1030

Apr 28, 2011
I wouldn't call chrome cast a stick computer. Its more like a hub for streaming media. It is useless as a stand alone device.

Should be interesting to see what the Deva can do with it though. Wonder if it would support mirroring you tablet/phone/PC exactly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

pjpeter

Apr 30, 2009
He didn't go into detail but I imagine since its running native android the hotspot feature will be accessible. Just a matter if your carrier can detect and throttle or block you. I have a verizon hotspot with sim from my galaxy nexus. Would be nice to slap the Sim into the N7. Probably no radios for voice though.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Netflix 1080p support! combined with video out (slimport). Awesome!

Unfortunately I found out the 3G Nexus 7 released late last year had the hotspot capability blocked - that's why I am worried about this one.

I also found out the LTE version won't be released until "Coming Weeks" I leave August 2nd so no way I can get it before then unfortunately. :/

javielillo

Oct 1, 2012
Google said "4G LTE"... "3G" compatibility is included? if 3G networks aren't supported in this new N7 then I'll go to the 32GB Wifi version :rolleyes:

Fstall303

Jun 21, 2012
So no HDMI or slim port? Only a device we have to pay 35 pucks for and only runs on a few apps?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
So no HDMI or slim port? Only a device we have to pay 35 pucks for and only runs on a few apps?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

If there is no SlimPort, then what about OTG? I know that was a concern (mine as well).

The Chromestick is just basically a wireless receiver. I'm sure it'll grow as more apps become compatible. I'm sure some dev will figure out a way to send anything through it. I'd rather do this vs a wired solution (if it works properly).

Reactions: PVL_93_RU

Ohgami_Ichiro

Jun 18, 2010
Tacoma
What are you talking about. In the event they said HDMI via slim port. Slim port is not an unknown. It works prefect on my N4, its been out for some time now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

WHOA don't go ballistic on me. Thanks for clarifying that, the stream was cutting out on me a ton so I missed that part. So Slimport is a yes that's good. Hopefully OTG is good too.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
The old nexus had OTG so why would they cut that feature out all of a sudden?

Because they are going with the Slimport which the Nexus 4 had issues with (didn't provide 5v power). It was also disabled in the kernels. N4 Devs had to have a custom kernel to enable it, THEN required a Powered USB hub to get it to work. I don't think I want to do all that when I'm traveling.

But we really won't know until someone gets their hands on one and tests it.

Reactions: Bob Smith42

OJ in Compton

Aug 5, 2010
I'm going to be extremely upset if this doesn't support USB OTG...all my needs are covered with this tablet and it would be the perfect one for me to use DSLR Controller with.

Eddiejo6

Jan 30, 2013
Because they are going with the Slimport which the Nexus 4 had issues with (didn't provide 5v power). It was also disabled in the kernels. N4 Devs had to have a custom kernel to enable it, THEN required a Powered USB hub to get it to work. I don't think I want to do all that when I'm traveling.

But we really won't know until someone gets their hands on one and tests it.

I REALLY hope this isn`t the case because one of the main reasons I`m getting this tablet at all is OTG, so if they cut that out I`ll probably have to find another 7 Inch. :(

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
For how much can I drop my N7 3G with 3 scratches on the screen? I may do so somewhere in December and buy a new N7 instead (it's just too tasty.... Forgive me, Nexus :()

Top Liked Posts