• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

New OTA: 44S Rolling Out Now [Original and Modified OTAs Included]

Search This thread

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Just FYI: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/cm-11s-44s-ota-is-out.173057/

...didn't see the typical insta-thread here, heh.

Greetings friends,

Happy Weekend! Thanks to our buds at Cyanogen, a new OTA will be rolling out to your phones starting today. This new release includes some new fixes such as a resolved SSLv3 POODLE security issue and updated touchscreen firmware.

The OTA will be released slowly and therefore some regions might receive it before others. Once you’ve received your OTA please let us know what you think! Any further issues you may find can also be reported directly to Cyanogen.

Here’s a comprehensive list of changes you’ll find in this update:
Fixed issues with memory causing screen artifacts
Fixed issues with random reboots and instability
Fixed issues with WiFi and modem crashes
Fixed issues with Filesystem
Fixed issues with “black bar”
Fixed issues with persist partition corruption
Fixed issues with AT&T VoLTE

Edit: Forgot to mention... this includes a new modem, I know people are always interested in that.

As a side note, I've been running the build as part of an early access test for a few days now... has been extremely solid for me.

Edit again: LINKS!

• Link to the OTA: http://builds.cyngn.com/fota/incremental/bacon/cm-bacon-ac1ccf7921-to-5fa8c79c0b-signed.zip
MD5: 684bc3eb256f06a912505628551cba24

Super mini guide: As long as your system is stock, flash away in stock or custom recovery. I always re-flash the SuperSU zip immediately following, YMMV.

• Link to the OTA with a modified script (by @gianton) for installing regardless of system changes: https://mega.co.nz/#!EdBQ1Y4C!P85kyvVp1iR_I4IiuLKPxGBqskE3fueWe0OGAFidGEg
MD5: 3b5729b07200c0e53a02f6b1225fc79c

FAQ (since people are allergic to reading and searching):

1. ZOMG WHY NO WIFI AFTER OTA?: Because you used a custom kernel and didn't clean up your system files properly. Either follow that kernel threads instructions for OTA-prep'ing or flash back to that kernel.
2. I don't run CM 11S but I can totally flash this CM11S update, right?: No. If you want to flash the 44S OTA update, get yourself to CM11S 38R.

Last edited:

mobbarley

May 23, 2010
going to be constantly refreshing for OTA. Currently on stock, unrooted, and planning on leaving it that way for now, can the zip be flashed in stock recovery?

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
going to be constantly refreshing for OTA. Currently on stock, unrooted, and planning on leaving it that way for now, can the zip be flashed in stock recovery?

I flashed it in TWRP, so I assume stock recovery is also fine.

can i install with twrp?

Yes.

The one in the OP is identical to the one I received as a tester and I flashed it in TWRP.

Top Liked Posts