New OTA Releases

Search This thread

MidgetMob

Dec 27, 2014
Considering NVidia decided to make their naming scheme wonky as all hell after 3.0, I'd like to set up a post that will help users capture the download links when a new OTA is released. This will help all users get a direct link to NVidia for their devices' OTA as well as help me with my OTA library.

Capturing the Download Link

You must have ADB installed to do this

1) Open the "system update" application on your tablet but do not tap "download"
2) Open up a command prompt on your computer and type "adb logcat" but do not hit enter
3) Plug your tablet into your computer. Once your tablet is fully connected and recognized, proceed to step 4
4) Hit enter on the command prompt. As soon as you do that, tap "download" on your device
5) After a few seconds, unplug your tablet
6) Search the command prompt for the download link or upload a text file with the text from the command prompt

You will need to do this twice. Once for the incremental OTA and once for the full OTA. Between downloads, you will have to "clear update data" to clear the first OTA you downloaded. Both "Clear update data" and "Check full update" can be found in the options menu on the system update application.

Please, if you see that the links for your device were already captured, do not make a second post about it.

I really do need the help of the community here as I do not own all 3 versions of the tablet. I appreciate the help as this will allow me to keep the library of OTAs updated.

Last edited:

MidgetMob

Dec 27, 2014
I finally get to revive this thread!

I've been able to acquire the RoW and WiFi OTAs for 4.0, can anyone help with getting the NA LTE link?

zarish

Feb 17, 2006
Love the Mega site for OG. You run one for K1 as well?
You might consider following the thread All Things K1 [sb_na_wf] as the ROMs for that device have mirrors in that thread as well as some K1 specific caveats in dealing with TWRP and other custom recoveries.

I'm thinking about it. I'd have to rely on others for the download links however.

Post-related: I'm looking for the US LTE link whenever that comes around.
I sent you a pm that should help you get the download files URLs (and thus the files). Shoot me a reply via PM if you have any questions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Considering NVidia decided to make their naming scheme wonky as all hell after 3.0, I'd like to set up a post that will help users capture the download links when a new OTA is released. This will help all users get a direct link to NVidia for their devices' OTA as well as help me with my OTA library.

Capturing the Download Link

You must have ADB installed to do this

1) Open the "system update" application on your tablet but do not tap "download"
    2) Open up a command prompt on your computer and type "adb logcat" but do not hit enter
    3) Plug your tablet into your computer. Once your tablet is fully connected and recognized, proceed to step 4
    4) Hit enter on the command prompt. As soon as you do that, tap "download" on your device
    5) After a few seconds, unplug your tablet
    6) Search the command prompt for the download link or upload a text file with the text from the command prompt

You will need to do this twice. Once for the incremental OTA and once for the full OTA. Between downloads, you will have to "clear update data" to clear the first OTA you downloaded. Both "Clear update data" and "Check full update" can be found in the options menu on the system update application.

Please, if you see that the links for your device were already captured, do not make a second post about it.

I really do need the help of the community here as I do not own all 3 versions of the tablet. I appreciate the help as this will allow me to keep the library of OTAs updated.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone