• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

New OTA .Zip Update NPJ25.93-14

Search This thread

mendozaram

Oct 22, 2012
Nice. I'll make a backup tomorrow and test this in my XT1644. I'll report back. Im on NPJ25.93.11. the question is.... Just flash thru TwRP?

Sent from my XT1644

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
There is a modem update that fixes the 2g option not being shown in network settings for Indian users.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170117-051440.png
    Screenshot_20170117-051440.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 3,662
  • Screenshot_20170117-051431.png
    Screenshot_20170117-051431.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 3,636

jomp16

Mar 25, 2013
Recife
Also working with XT1640 retbr (the G4 Plus with 32GB and 2GB of RAM released on Brazil). Unfortunately, I can't post a imgur link yet.

Details on about phone:

Android 7.0
Build version: NPJ25.93-14
Security patch: 1 December 2016
Kernel version: 3.10.84. Built on Friday, 6 January 2017.

---

And I'm not sure if this is a soak test or a official release, nobody provided a link of Motorola saying about this yet. But I guess this is the official release, no point of testing a minor patch, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: MaelCosta2011

kiden

Feb 3, 2010
Chicago
Working perfectly on XT1644 Retail US! Thanks!

I flashed leaked NPJ25.9 through fastboot without unlocking bootloader, then just download this OTA and installed it from recovery. No problems experienced!

Everything works so far and I actually feel like the UI feels a little smoother than NPJ25.9 which had a bit of choppyness. Glad I chose to jump on the Nougat bandwagon!

Last edited:

siredux

Oct 22, 2012
Barranquilla
what if im unlocked bootloader and with twrp? how to install

It doesn't matter if you're unlocked. It has to be done through stock recovery and this OTA does not allow any previous system modification (i.e deleting system apps, replacing files, etc...) if that's the case, you must flash stock 7.0 using fastboot and then apply this OTA. This is my personal experience :good:

KokoReyes

Jun 23, 2013
Tabasco
It doesn't matter if you're unlocked. It has to be done through stock recovery and this OTA does not allow any previous system modification (i.e deleting system apps, replacing files, etc...) if that's the case, you must flash stock 7.0 using fastboot and then apply this OTA. This is my personal experience :good:

OH thank you, ill try to get back to stock 7.0, another question, if i want to use an audio mod and super su, can I flash after this update by TWRP? :confused:

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

I flashed leaked NPJ25.9 through fastboot without unlocking bootloader, then just download this OTA and installed it from recovery. No problems experienced!

Everything works so far and I actually feel like the UI feels a little smoother than NPJ25.9 which had a bit of choppyness. Glad I chose to jump on the Nougat bandwagon!
mind telling me how you did that? I've used twrp many times before, and Huawei recovery, but not stock recovery. How do I get into the recovery passed the "no command" android mascot screen? Does the file have to be in a specific folder for this to work?
thanks

Last edited:

kiden

Feb 3, 2010
Chicago
mind telling me how you did that? I've used twrp many times before, but not stock recovery. How do I get into the recovery passed the "no command" droid screen? Does the file have to be in a specific folder for this to work?
thanks

When you get to recovery just hold power then tap volume up. You'll get the recovery options. Sometimes takes a couple of tries to get the timing right but works for me!

Then just choose the flash from memory option and it'll let you navigate to where the file is.

For controls power is enter. Up and down let you navigate options. Good luck!

Reactions: derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
When you get to recovery just hold power then tap volume up. You'll get the recovery options. Sometimes takes a couple of tries to get the timing right but works for me!

Then just choose the flash from memory option and it'll let you navigate to where the file is.

For controls power is enter. Up and down let you navigate options. Good luck!

thank you. Had to do hold power button and vol up a couple times to figure out how to get in. Then it took me some time to mount system first to be able to browse to the file. Updating now.
edit1: updated.
cheers

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Fg2Kh32HesVzZPTVdyb2NNU1E
    Anyone who want to create mirror links are welcome.

Note:
    1. You have to be on Build NPJ25.93-11 to flash this update.
    2. This update can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.
    There is a modem update that fixes the 2g option not being shown in network settings for Indian users.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    This update has worked well for me on a Canadian (Koodo) XT1641, via adb sideload.

eh... sorry to interrupt but would anyone mind sharing how exactly to proceed with this update? I am familiar with the workings of adb and fastboot, and already applied the NPJ25.93-11 but I'm unsure how to go on

1 - Install minimal ADB and Fastboot
    2- Download the update zip file, rename it to ota.zip and drop it in the installation folder you selected in step 1)
    3- Connect your phone to your computer (make sure Developer mode is enabled and USB debugging is on)
    4- Open a CMD prompt in the folder from step 1)
    5- Type: adb reboot recovery
    6- You phone will reboot and eventually display a fallen android with a red triangle and 'No Command'.
    7- Press and hold the power button, immediately press Volume up and release both buttons. You are now in recovery mode.
    8- Use the Volume button to select the 'Apply update from ADB' option and press power.
    9- In your command prompt, type: adb sideload ota.zip
    10- When done, select reboot from the recovery menu and wait a little bit for the update to install. You will see the Motorola and Lenovo logos loop quite a few times but don't worry and wait.