• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

New OTA .Zip Update NPJ25.93-14

Search This thread

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
Thank you for the file! Might some charitable soul create a twrp backup (or flashable .zip) with this build please? Having to downgrade first to 6.01, to apply the previous soak and then this latest one is a pain!
I think that Twrp is not able to backup/restore this phones modems, so along with twrp image, we might also need to flash latest modem from fastboot. Still better than flashing 3 full ROMs in succession...

Last edited:

srgudhka

Oct 6, 2008
MUMBAI
Thank you for the file! Might some charitable soul create a twrp backup (or flashable .zip) with this build please? Having to downgrade first to 6.01, to apply the previous soak and then this latest one is a pain!
I think that Twrp is not able to backup/restore this phones modems, so along with twrp image, we might also need to flash latest modem from fastboot. Still better than flashing 3 full ROMs in succession...

what firmware are you currently on?

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
I am currently using AOSP Extended.
The idea is to be able to flash stock without several jumps in the middle.
With other devices there are plenty of stock based ROMs with some customizations. Even when this device stock is pretty clean, I am surprised no one made, for example, a dark systemui for this device (without having to resort to legacy substratum, which for all dark themes applied fail to theme most fonts colors, resulting in an unusable experience (black fonts over black background).
I would love to have the time to do it, unfortunately, I don't.

balamuralixd

Mar 14, 2013
I used lineage oms. Now reverted back to stock rom using twrp backup. After, i flashed stock recovery so that i can update recent update. I tried using ota method, tried adb sideload method, tried fastboot method.. Non of the method work for me. Kindly suggest me, shall i flash full nougat stock rom for latest ota? Is this the only method? And bootloader unlock id shows bad keys.. Now I'm using twrp nougat backup without any problem..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Gero71

Apr 14, 2011
Malden
. Now reverted back to stock rom using twrp backup. After, i flashed stock recovery so that i can update recent update. I tried using ota method, tried adb sideload method, tried fastboot method.. Non of the method work for me.

1. You have to be on Build NPJ25.93-11 to flash this update.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

i can´t flash it says error(7)

Just read whole tread.. most questions are already been ask.

when I try to update I'm getting this error
IMG_20170117_174831.jpg

Flash your system partition via fastboot (93-11). The recovery won't flash the OTA if it detects you root/modify your system

nykola5

Jun 24, 2015
The battery does not last long in my way as I did in 6.0.1, some solution? From 100% to 90% gave me an hour of screen, with this update lasts 40 minutes or less and my use is moderate

Jamesblond005

Dec 16, 2011
Trying to flash recovery after having TWRP on my XT1622 previously but no custom firmware.
Im currently running NPJ25.93-11 & would like to upgrade but seem to be having numerous issues & falling at the 1st hurdle. I attempted to flash the recovery via
fastboot & minimal adb but got the following message

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastbo
.img
(bootloader) slot-count: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
(bootloader) has-slot:recovery: not found
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (16484 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.542s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Image signed with key bad key

OKAY [ 0.630s]
finished. total time: 1.178s

georgeiulian89

Sep 21, 2010
Pitesti
That's a correct statement for all of "N" ROMs. They all just suck... including the battery.

What are you even talking about? I'm on 93-14 FW, rooted, using EX kernel, and for me, the battery life is stellar compared to MM firmware. After 35 hours, with moderate usage ( including calling, watching YouTube, browsing and some social media) I'm at 39%, with 3h 30 min SOT.

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
EX kernel might help, but the exception doesn't make the rule. Almost everywhere you turn on this forum you will find a Nougat battery complain.

Ryuller_br

Sep 3, 2016
Good afternoon !
I am using the rom stock 7.0 version 93-14, hence I was flashing the rsd lite of firwmare 93-11, and rsd lite presents me with this problem in gpt bin ... look! What I did not understand was: If I'm already in 7.0, and I'm installing the same 7.0, why are you giving this error kk? Very strange, because I'm doing downgrade ... if anyone knows how to solve, please be grateful.

LovinVEVO

Sep 11, 2016
Hyderabad
Wanna Lock My Bootloader

Guys,

I'm on latest update NPJ25.93-14 and just wanna lock my bootloader, Tried with the Stock NPJ25.93-11 but not getting locked it say invalid gpt, bla, blaa.. and etc .....

Is there NPJ25.93-14 Stock Rom available yet ..??

LovinVEVO

Sep 11, 2016
Hyderabad
Literally waiting for boot.img

Need boot.img from Latest update NPJ25.93-14 to relock bootloader
Anyone try to pull boot.img from latest upate NPJ25.93-14 to relock bootloader i've managed to pull gpt.bin, but failed to pull boot.img if can we pull boot.img we can relock the bootloader by using NPJ25.93-11 STOCK rom by replacing gpt.in and boot.img

awakener777

Aug 2, 2010
Working perfectly on XT1644 Retail US! Thanks!

I flashed leaked NPJ25.9 through fastboot without unlocking bootloader, then just download this OTA and installed it from recovery. No problems experienced!

Everything works so far and I actually feel like the UI feels a little smoother than NPJ25.9 which had a bit of choppyness. Glad I chose to jump on the Nougat bandwagon!
Hi, question;
Where did you get NPJ-25.9 for XT1644? Do you have a link? Thank you!

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Elinoxe

Jan 16, 2015
Error while updating!

Hi, I'm in the NPJ25.93-11 version. I tried to apply the update via recovery and, after selecting the "Apply Update from SD Card" in the recovery mode, it restarts the recovery with the "not command" message. Any idea? I tried more than three times and nothing. I've got the XT1641 AT&T Mexico.
Thanks in advance!

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi, I'm in the NPJ25.93-11 version. I tried to apply the update via recovery and, after selecting the "Apply Update from SD Card" in the recovery mode, it restarts the recovery with the "not command" message. Any idea? I tried more than three times and nothing. I've got the XT1641 AT&T Mexico.
Thanks in advance!
was there as well. Follow this to get to the correct menu. In short
- when booted into recovery hold power then press volume up.
- you will then see the recovery options
- I had to mount system to be able to browse to the ota.zip

good luck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Fg2Kh32HesVzZPTVdyb2NNU1E
    Anyone who want to create mirror links are welcome.

Note:
    1. You have to be on Build NPJ25.93-11 to flash this update.
    2. This update can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.
    There is a modem update that fixes the 2g option not being shown in network settings for Indian users.

This update has worked well for me on a Canadian (Koodo) XT1641, via adb sideload.

eh... sorry to interrupt but would anyone mind sharing how exactly to proceed with this update? I am familiar with the workings of adb and fastboot, and already applied the NPJ25.93-11 but I'm unsure how to go on

1 - Install minimal ADB and Fastboot
    2- Download the update zip file, rename it to ota.zip and drop it in the installation folder you selected in step 1)
    3- Connect your phone to your computer (make sure Developer mode is enabled and USB debugging is on)
    4- Open a CMD prompt in the folder from step 1)
    5- Type: adb reboot recovery
    6- You phone will reboot and eventually display a fallen android with a red triangle and 'No Command'.
    7- Press and hold the power button, immediately press Volume up and release both buttons. You are now in recovery mode.
    8- Use the Volume button to select the 'Apply update from ADB' option and press power.
    9- In your command prompt, type: adb sideload ota.zip
    10- When done, select reboot from the recovery menu and wait a little bit for the update to install. You will see the Motorola and Lenovo logos loop quite a few times but don't worry and wait.
    Working perfectly on XT1644 Retail US! Thanks!

I flashed leaked NPJ25.9 through fastboot without unlocking bootloader, then just download this OTA and installed it from recovery. No problems experienced!

Everything works so far and I actually feel like the UI feels a little smoother than NPJ25.9 which had a bit of choppyness. Glad I chose to jump on the Nougat bandwagon!