ASUS ZenFone 8
Received this update today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180921-094349.png
    Screenshot_20180921-094349.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,409

lukasb9000

Aug 12, 2010
Also got it. But mine is 100MB bigger. How can I install it now the most easy way? My A2 is unlocked and rooted with Magisk. Only modifications are AdAway App hostfile and IOS Emoji Module in Magisk. I couldn't get it updated when the first Sept update hit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180921-100626.png
    Screenshot_20180921-100626.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 893

[email protected]

Mar 15, 2018
Well, I got a big problem here. I received the update and downloaded the 442.1 mb update. But after downloading it shows 'installation failed'. I haven't rooted or unlocked my bootloader. Any ideas?

cyrillem28410

Feb 28, 2012
Saint Cyr La Rosière
Well, I got a big problem here. I received the update and downloaded the 442.1 mb update. But after downloading it shows 'installation failed'. I haven't rooted or unlocked my bootloader. Any ideas?

And about the previous update ... no problem ?

Also got it. But mine is 100MB bigger. How can I install it now the most easy way? My A2 is unlocked and rooted with Magisk. Only modifications are AdAway App hostfile and IOS Emoji Module in Magisk. I couldn't get it updated when the first Sept update hit.

About the size... maybe a cumulative update with the previous one ?
Probably the same reason why it was not possible to apply the previous update : I think a rooted A2 will not be able to get OTA update.
For me, it's the main reason why I don't want to root it

[email protected]

Mar 15, 2018

Benjamin_L

Nov 30, 2010
Absolutely none. I don't know what's wrong. I'm redownloading for third time now .

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

If it is the same device, why are the update package sizes different? That's kinda odd.
Depends most likely from which version you are upgrading. Some are on August, some are on the previous September version

Reactions: Marciano09

[email protected]

Mar 15, 2018
Got it! Must have been some minor bugs on the first and second try.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180921-143201.jpg
    Screenshot_20180921-143201.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 878

HKShooter

Jun 26, 2014
I have updated it for about 2 hours. It seems the battery life is much better now. At least it didn't drop in the last 2 hours. I'll check it again later.

Reactions: jcunltd

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
You can by following instructions here, it worked for me
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/blob/master/docs/tips.md

This will only work if you didn't make any modifications to /system, even mounting it writable will make it fail

I think adaway won't cause issues but only if you enabled the option "Systemless hosts" in Magisk settings

If it fails, get system.img from the august patch, flash it to your active slot and try again

Reactions: zando2712

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Received this update today
    Absolutely none. I don't know what's wrong. I'm redownloading for third time now .

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

If it is the same device, why are the update package sizes different? That's kinda odd.
    Depends most likely from which version you are upgrading. Some are on August, some are on the previous September version
    I have updated it for about 2 hours. It seems the battery life is much better now. At least it didn't drop in the last 2 hours. I'll check it again later.
    Can you post the baseband version? Was there a change?

Baseband version of mine is 660_GEN_PACK-1.164129.0.164270.1

Not sure f there is a change as i did not check my earlier one before accepting the update
    You can by following instructions here, it worked for me
    https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/blob/master/docs/tips.md

This will only work if you didn't make any modifications to /system, even mounting it writable will make it fail

I think adaway won't cause issues but only if you enabled the option "Systemless hosts" in Magisk settings

If it fails, get system.img from the august patch, flash it to your active slot and try again