How To Guide ROG Phone 5(s) Help Index

Search This thread
"Quick Filters" let you see all posts of a certain type. This can make finding posts easier, but what if a guide began as a "Question"? This thread aims to bridge that gap. You will find nearly all of the common things new owners are trying to find, collected into a single post.

ALWAYS USE THE SIDE USB PORT WHEN CONNECTING TO COMPUTER

Posts are divided into sections. Click a spoiler to reveal all threads in that category.

(Un)lock Bootloader / Root

Update / Restore

Convert / Repair

Asus Resources​

Commands / Mods / Apps

VOLTE / VOWiFi

Last edited:
twistedumbrella I just want to let you know I appreciate all the work you do in this forum. This post will safe many people quite a bit a time. Now you just need to become a mod so you can sticky.

Thank you!
Thanks. I'm sure things will get more organized as the section grows, but the mods have it under control. They're a good group.

ps000000

Sep 17, 2011
Nonthaburi / Bangkok
May I ask, this phone can unlock bootloader for only one time?
In my country several importers sell Tencent ww flashed.
I think they relocked bootloader after ww flashed, so those phones are unable to unlock bootloader again?
(I read here no free/public edl unbrick available yet.)

May I ask, this phone can unlock bootloader for only one time?
In my country several importers sell Tencent ww flashed.
I think they relocked bootloader after ww flashed, so those phones are unable to unlock bootloader again?
(I read here no free/public edl unbrick available yet.)

One of the major risks of buying a converted model is the risk that the bootloader cannot be unlocked. Currently, there is no workaround for it.

Reactions: ps000000

Arevis

Feb 12, 2014
Hi I'm about to purchase a rog 5s tencent model I have a few questions ,
1.how do I convert it into ww ? Does it require unlocking the boot loader ?

2. I would like to convert it to ww version , will I face any issue of fingerprint or any other issue?

3.if I decide not to convert how to remove all the bloatware (Chinese apps/ads and popup)

Thanks in advance cheers

Hi I'm about to purchase a rog 5s tencent model I have a few questions ,
1.how do I convert it into ww ? Does it require unlocking the boot loader ?

2. I would like to convert it to ww version , will I face any issue of fingerprint or any other issue?

3.if I decide not to convert how to remove all the bloatware (Chinese apps/ads and popup)

Thanks in advance cheers

Usually, this is where I would link to this thread. Since you're already here, though, why not take a minute and read through it.

MG4711

Nov 16, 2021
No more booting possible, only the android logo flashes briefly, also no restart bootloader or recovery mode possible! what can I do?? thanks

SirFreshSpawn

Nov 30, 2021
Im so sorry, but im getting a ROG 5s Tencent edition and i want to install global rom, but i literally have no idea where to start. Is it possible if not too much trouble, if someone could give me a step by step. I know im asking a bit but i would appreciate any help

I can see all the forums for different things but i dont know where to start. Like if there was something that was like "Step 1 download this file, step 2 run this program" im just new to converting phones, ive hacked switch's and such but i had a guide to help me lol

Did you join a forum, go to the first pinned thread, and say "post me a guide right here" or did you have to find the guide? This thread is a collection of guides.

Top Liked Posts