new palm phone - pvg 100 temp root guide

Search This thread

StormSeeker1

Sep 22, 2019
That is used fairly often normally it's a setup exe to install them. Which depending on if it contains a driver for the mode your in it would override the Alcatel branded one which in reality is just there because both Alcatel and palm are TCL brands now.

Very informative, thanks.
Anyway...is anyone of you guys attempting anything on this phone or have all of you given up?

freezex

Mar 17, 2011
Yeah I just ordered a used one got a few things to try. I think I have the firehose for the device but will see once mine arrives next week.

I grab the two programmers from github, and both of them get stuck, does it mean they are not fit verizon pvg100 ?

info
Code:
PS C:\Users\x61\Desktop\platform-tools> .\emmcdl.exe -p COM3 -info
Version 2.15
SerialNumber: 0x8decbxxx
MSM_HW_ID: 0x0006b0e1
OEM_PK_HASH: 0x073e81231dae45ba5575083feeccbaf85323b393e43e029e8ea5a683ecc3b6c6
SBL SW Version: 0x00000000

PEPITO.bin
Code:
PS C:\Users\x61\Desktop\platform-tools> .\emmcdl.exe -p COM3 -f .\PEPITO.bin -d devinfo -o devinfo.img
Version 2.15
Downloading flash programmer: .\PEPITO.bin
Successfully open flash programmer to write: .\PEPITO.bin
Waiting for flash programmer to boot
Dumping data to file devinfo.img
Dumping at start sector: 0 for sectors: 0 to file: devinfo.img

Programming device using SECTOR_SIZE=512

<?xml version = "1.0" ?><data><configure MemoryName="emmc" ZLPAwareHost="1" SkipStorageInit="0" SkipWrite="0" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="1048576"/></data>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><log value="logbuf@0x08077B20 fh@0x08074988" /></data>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><response value="ACK" MinVersionSupported="1" MemoryName="eMMC" MaxPayloadSizeFromTargetInBytes="4096" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="1048576" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytesSupported="1048576" MaxXMLSizeInBytes="4096" Version="1" TargetName="8937" /></data>
Using 99 bytes from mbuffer
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><log value="logbuf@0x08077B20 fh@0x08074988" /></data>me="eMMC" MaxPayloadSizeFromTargetInBytes="4096" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="1048576" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytesSupported="1048576" MaxXMLSizeInBytes="4096" Version="1" TargetName="8937" /></data>
Connected to flash programmer, starting dump
<?xml version="1.0" ?><data>
<read SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" num_partition_sectors="1" physical_partition_number="0" start_sector="1"/>
</data>
EFI PART
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><response value="ACK" rawmode="false" /></data>

Pepito_VDF_NPRG.bin
Code:
PS C:\Users\x61\Desktop\platform-tools> .\emmcdl.exe -p COM3 -f .\Pepito_VDF_NPRG.bin -d devinfo -o devinfo.img
Version 2.15
Downloading flash programmer: .\Pepito_VDF_NPRG.bin
Successfully open flash programmer to write: .\Pepito_VDF_NPRG.bin
Expecting SAHARA_END_TRANSFER but found: 0

!!!!!!!! WARNING: Flash programmer failed to load trying to continue !!!!!!!!!

<?xml version = "1.0" ?><data><configure MemoryName="emmc" ZLPAwareHost="1" SkipStorageInit="0" SkipWrite="0" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="1048576"/></data>

StormSeeker1

Sep 22, 2019
I grab the two programmers from github, and both of them get stuck, does it mean they are not fit verizon pvg100 ?

info
Code:
Version 2.15

PEPITO.bin
Code:
PS C:\Users\x61\Desktop\platform-tools> .\emmcdl.exe -p COM3 -f .\PEPITO.bin -d devinfo -o devinfo.img
Version 2.15

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><log value="logbuf@0x08077B20 fh@0x08074988" /></data>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><response value="ACK" MinVersionSupported="1" MemoryName="eMMC" MaxPayloadSizeFromTargetInBytes="4096" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="1048576" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytesSupported="1048576" MaxXMLSizeInBytes="4096" Version="1" TargetName="8937" /></data>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><log value="logbuf@0x08077B20 fh@0x08074988" /></data>me="eMMC" MaxPayloadSizeFromTargetInBytes="4096" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="1048576" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytesSupported="1048576" MaxXMLSizeInBytes="4096" Version="1" TargetName="8937" /></data>
<read SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" num_partition_sectors="1" physical_partition_number="0" start_sector="1"/>
</data>
EFI PART
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><response value="ACK" rawmode="false" /></data>

Pepito_VDF_NPRG.bin
Code:
PS C:\Users\x61\Desktop\platform-tools> .\emmcdl.exe -p COM3 -f .\Pepito_VDF_NPRG.bin -d devinfo -o devinfo.img
Version 2.15

Hi, freezex, can you please point me to where to download those two programmers? I've failed finding them for pretty long

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Yeah I just ordered a used one got a few things to try. I think I have the firehose for the device but will see once mine arrives next week.

Great news!

Oh, guys, can you lend me a hand? I've just managed to install Android Studio, SDK, NDK, Cygwin, JDK and Gradle and I've managed to create a first hello world project in native code (C/C++) please have a look at the attached picture. The project is able to install on the Palm PVG100 and to display the Hello World message.
Now, what should I do to compile arpruss's files? How do I get the "root" executable file provided by greatjack1 if I want to compile it on my own?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota

info
Code:
Version 2.15

PEPITO.bin
Code:
Version 2.15

</data>
EFI PART

Pepito_VDF_NPRG.bin
Code:
Version 2.15

The VDF one is designed for the vodafone variant so that one will not work for you, the first one looks like the phone accepted it. I haven't used that tool before so not sure why it isn't working.

Hi, freezex, can you please point me to where to download those two programmers? I've failed finding them for pretty long

He got them from my firehose collection org

https://github.com/programmer-collection/alcatel/tree/master/Pepito

StormSeeker1

Sep 22, 2019
The VDF one is designed for the vodafone variant so that one will not work for you, the first one looks like the phone accepted it. I haven't used that tool before so not sure why it isn't working.

He got them from my firehose collection org

https://github.com/programmer-collection/alcatel/tree/master/Pepito

OK, deadman, I tried to do the following:
download EDLBackupRestoreTool
extract it
set the config.ini file content to the following (see attached screenshot for reference):

# Set QDLoader COM port here, as retreived from Device Manager
COMPort=com4

# Set Firehose loader here. Can be a path relative to the BackupRestoreTool script.
# This is taken from Mi A1 Fastboot package.
FirehoseLoader=bin\PEPITO.bin

# Set maximum transfer speed.
# Default of 16384 is the highest possible.
# Lowest possible is 4096 (I think).
# Be sure to use multiples of 1024 for best results.
# Reducing this may help with reliability and prevent freezing during transfer,
# at the expense of taking longer.
TransferSpeed=16384

set the partition_list.devinfo.txt file content to the following:
# Only devinfo partition
devinfo
modem
fsc
ssd
sbll
sbllbak
rpm
rpmbak
tz
tzbak
devcfg
devcfgbak
dsp
modemstl
modemst2
DDR
fsg
sec
tunning
traceability
simlock
redbend
splash
aboot
abootbak
boot
recovery
system
vendor
cache
persist
devinfo
mise
keystore
config
oem
limits
mota
dip
mdtp
sysefg
mefg
cmnlib
cmnlibbak
cmnlib64
cmnlib64bak
keymaster
keymasterbak
apdp
msadp
dpo
logdump
fotadata
userdata

cmd to the extraction folder
run BackupRestoreTool_debug.cmd
choose 1) Set partition list file [list of partitions to backup]
I get this: Current = partition_list.devinfo.txt

choose 2) Backup all partitions from partition list file
I get this: [#] Enter folder name or full/relative path to store the backup [must not already exist]:

I enter this:
C:\Q

I get this:
[#] Dumping "devinfo" to "C:\Q\devinfo.img"...

[!] An error occured. BACKUP IS INCOMPLETE.. Check device connection and COM port is correct.
See log.txt for details.

The log.txt files has this content:
Version 2.15
Failed to write hello response back to device
Did not receive Sahara hello packet from device

Dumping data to file C:\Q\devinfo.img
Dumping at start sector: 0 for sectors: 0 to file: C:\Q\devinfo.img

<?xml version = "1.0" ?><data><configure MemoryName="emmc" ZLPAwareHost="1" SkipStorageInit="0" SkipWrite="0" MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="16384"/></data>

OK, I HAVE SOME NEWS:
I closed all QPST and eMMC Software Download programs and this time I didn't use eMMC Software Download to put the phone into download mode, BUT I set it to EDL from the recovery option.
This time, when I use BackupRestoreTool_debug.cmd to try to backup a partition (I chose a small one, "fsc", which is 1024 Bytes), The BackupRestoreTool_debug.cmd tool does not exit, BUT it hangs for a lot of time, saying "[#] Dumping "fsc" to "C:\Z\fsc.img"..."

What do you think?

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

tc.chen

Nov 1, 2019
seeking methods to open other lte bands from taiwan

Hi, bensdeals
The root.zip file contains a file with no extension, which is not an apk package, but an executable compiled for the architecture of the CPU and for the operating system that PVG100 has.
Here's how to run the "root" file inside the package:

hello stormseeker & guys,

i'm a new user of xda and pvg100(us unlocked version)/pvg100e(hk version) from taiwan.
also need to open other lte bands of pvg100 to suit 4g bands in taiwan, or it only stays in 3g signal..
could i shyly ask that if anybody succeeds in the "root.zip" version on pvg100?
and anyone opens lte bands other than default ones and works well after rooting?

in return of your replies, i would like to provide a tool for changing lte bands in apac area:
search "qtrun technologies" on google play (xda doesn't allow new users to post url)
many ppl have changed lte bands on different phones. (read from many blogs)

many thanks for your reply, seeking the method to open other lte bands.....

StormSeeker1

Sep 22, 2019
hello stormseeker & guys,

i'm a new user of xda and pvg100(us unlocked version)/pvg100e(hk version) from taiwan.
also need to open other lte bands of pvg100 to suit 4g bands in taiwan, or it only stays in 3g signal..
could i shyly ask that if anybody succeeds in the "root.zip" version on pvg100?
and anyone opens lte bands other than default ones and works well after rooting?

in return of your replies, i would like to provide a tool for changing lte bands in apac area:
search "qtrun technologies" on google play (xda doesn't allow new users to post url)
many ppl have changed lte bands on different phones. (read from many blogs)

many thanks for your reply, seeking the method to open other lte bands.....

Hi, buddy, welcome to XDA :) I can confirm the TEMPORARY root method enabled by "root.zip" works, but I don't know how to enable new LTE bands; I've changed them in the NonVolatile memory via QXDM, but I still see only 3G icon...
About the tool you mentioned (is it Network Signal Guru?), in this page (https://m.qtrun.com/en/product.html) it clearly states:

Q: Can you changed the band capacities of my cell phone. My cell phones are from other countries and the band capabilities are not so good, and I want more band support. Could NSG do that?
A: NSG cannot provide this kind of feature and we don't change the band capabilities. It's different among different phones, so it's dangerous and once failed, you will lose all of the band capabilities of certain radio technology. And it's very difficult to recover.

So I don't understand what you mean when you say "i would like to provide a tool for changing lte bands in apac area"...this looks false, no?

tc.chen

Nov 1, 2019
So I don't understand what you mean when you say "i would like to provide a tool for changing lte bands in apac area"...this looks false, no?

now i know that the two apps are the same.
i'm sorry to provide a useless information.
i'll keep searching the method of changing lte bands and following your work.
hope you find new methods.

j.bruha

Jan 15, 2010
With all this in mind, it sounds like at the very least ADB commands will work with the temporary root. Would it be possible to enable tethering by pulling the build.prop, modifying the entitlement line, and then pushing it back to the device? This is going back several years in Android's modding history, so I'm not even sure if this is still viable.

When I activated my Palm with Verizon, I was advised the provisioning was active for hotspot, but the phone itself seems to lack the software feature to do it, and 3rd party apps do not work in enabling it with their settings shortcuts.

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
With all this in mind, it sounds like at the very least ADB commands will work with the temporary root. Would it be possible to enable tethering by pulling the build.prop, modifying the entitlement line, and then pushing it back to the device? This is going back several years in Android's modding history, so I'm not even sure if this is still viable.

When I activated my Palm with Verizon, I was advised the provisioning was active for hotspot, but the phone itself seems to lack the software feature to do it, and 3rd party apps do not work in enabling it with their settings shortcuts.

From reading what others have said and my experience dm-verity is on so if you modify system then that will cause the system to stop booting with a dm-verity red error that can only be fixed by flashing stock system which as of right now isn't possible.

StormSeeker1

Sep 22, 2019
From reading what others have said and my experience dm-verity is on so if you modify system then that will cause the system to stop booting with a dm-verity red error that can only be fixed by flashing stock system which as of right now isn't possible.

Can you please explain exactly what is "a modification of the system" from verity point of view and where to look to understand without any doubt if verity is on?

Also, is this doable:
https://xdaforums.com/android/software/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3817389

Last edited:

StormSeeker1

Sep 22, 2019
I took a full live backup of the 32gb phone internal memory

Hi, guys, I TOOK A FULL LIVE BACKUP OF THE 32GB PHONE INTERNAL MEMORY.
There is a free software (and other paid ones) to mount the partitions on Windows; please have a look:
https://www.osforensics.com/tools/mount-disk-images.html

Anyway, I'm unable to explore most of them, maybe because they don't have a specific filesystem type or they have ext4 filesystems which windows doesn't support.
BUT there is a FAT16 partition, called "modem". I mounted it and I've accessed it. It has .mbn files inside!
Maybe some of those .mbn file or inside other partitions can be used for flash programmers, no?
Anyway, in that modem partition there are also folders with details for many phone provider companies, so maybe there is info for using other 2G or 3G or 4G bands...please have a look at the attached screenshots.
Folks, do you know of a way to explore all the other non-FAT non-NTFS partitions?

PS: if you are interested in how I was able to take the full memory backup, I can explain (no problem, just let me know).
To make it short, I used netcat in client/server mode to pipe linux "dd" command "block0" output to a file on the PC (I had tried with an OTG adapter and issuing the commands directly on a terminal emulator on the phone touchscreen, but then the phone doesn't recognize NTFS nor exFAT nor ext4 partitions, which are the only ones able to contain a 32GB image file; I had also tried splitting the file on the fly with gzip piping, it worked, but then the process was too slow and the 800mAh battery of the PVG100 drained faster than the backup process and if you connect a pendrive with an OTG adapter to the phone, then it cannot stay connected to a power source).
This method and a lot of interesting phone hacking ("forensics") stuff is contained in this book:
https://books.google.ru/books?id=9oVcDgAAQBAJ
Some pages are accessible on this google link, or you can buy it, but there are places on the web where the file is available ;)
https://1337x.bypassed.life/torrent...sics-Advanced-Investigative-Strategies-gnv64/

OK, THIS DID THE TRICK TO BROWSE PARTITIONS ON WINDOWS:
https://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/
Well...at least that software browses ext4 partitions, but how can I browse files inside the other partitions (which the "parted" command shows with no type of filesystem formatting)?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 2.png
    2.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 3.png
    3.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.png
    4.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 5.png
    5.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

StormSeeker1

Sep 22, 2019
What does temp-root actually mean?

Hi, guys, I see that nobody is writing anything here, I hope deadman will let us know as soon as the phone gets delivered to him...
In the meanwhile, can anybody please let me know how to really get TEMPORARY ROOT ON THIS PHONE?
I DONT'T MEAN SPAWNING A SHELL WITH ROOT PRIVILEGES, I ACTUALLY MEAN "TEMP-ROOTING" THE PHONE AND BEING ABLE TO USE APPS LIKE TITANIUM BACKUP, SuperSU and BusyBox!

At this point I can even afford risking to brick my second PVG100, since I have two of them, but, please, clarify this, thanks!

StormSeeker1

Sep 22, 2019
Guys, I've tried retrieving all Android properties via commands:
adb shell
getprop

This is very strange:
The phone is supposed to have a Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 (28 nm) processor, see here:
https://www.gsmarena.com/palm_palm-9290.php

BUY THEN WHY DO I FIND THIS PROPERTY?
[ro.board.platform]: [msm8937]

What does this mean?
Can this help us finding a working programmer file for QPST and similar physical access software?

Reactions: Mattzees

Oct 6, 2009
PALM RU forum
in Russia sell Palm PVG100E_RU with different firmware and different LTE band
this is latest RU firmware info, I dont have this phone and this firmware, I have Palm PVG100 from Verizon...
17580444.jpg

17578672.jpg

17578673.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mattzees

bensdeals

Jan 25, 2007
Nice job. Did you use the temp root method from before to get started? Also does the is boot warning come up on each reboot or just once?

Great progress

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I have succeeded! I will write up what all I did I am hoping I can simplify it.
    IT WORKS! WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS CODE (AND OTHERS), freezex?! (I had tried lots of them from other phones with no success)

Guys, I was finally able to read Non-Volatile memory values using freezex's secret code for enable debugging, installing the USB drivers that popup when you choose on the phone the USB option "Drivers CD-ROM" after connecting it to the PC, using "QPST Configuration" tool and "QXDM" tool.
    I tried to replace the initial value "2251799813754906" with "68787503589", which, according to my understanding, should cover all Italian LTE bands (please confirm and let me know if there is a way to reverse lookup code 2251799813754906 to see what bands are included inside of it).
    The value I entered persisted after reboot and I was able to read the new value with QXDM.
    Unfortunately I'm still seeing only a 3G icon on the notification bar...any idea on the cause of this behavior, guys?
    A lot of values are there, can you please let me know if changing any of those values might help unlocking the bootloader?

PAY ATTENTION: After having enabled Diagnostic Mode (with freezex's secret code), Windows Device Manager recognizes the phone as "ALCATEL HS-USB Diagnostics 903A (COM6)"; does the fact that it comes from Alcatel give us any hint on what to do?

Also, people, do you find any free space not used by any partition to try NEC Terrain trick?
    Here's some information I took from my PVG100:

127|Pepito:/data/local/tmp # df
    Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    rootfs 1358904 2764 1356140 1% /
    tmpfs 1439680 752 1438928 1% /dev
    /dev/block/dm-0 2999516 2218028 781488 74% /system
    /dev/block/dm-1 1499760 881984 617776 59% /vendor
    tmpfs 1439680 0 1439680 0% /mnt
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p52 1998672 6156 1992516 1% /fotadata
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 237536 400 237136 1% /cache
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 12016 8448 3568 71% /dsp
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 85968 81600 4368 95% /firmware
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p30 28144 480 27664 2% /persist
    /dev/block/dm-2 21667804 7631300 14036504 36% /data
    /data/media 21667804 7631300 14036504 36% /mnt/runtime/default/emulated

See also this output:
    Pepito:/dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name # ls -l
    total 0
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 DDR -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p15
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 aboot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 abootbak -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p24
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 apdp -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p48
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 boot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 cache -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p29
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 cmnlib -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p42
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 cmnlib64 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p44
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 cmnlib64bak -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p45
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 cmnlibbak -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p43
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 config -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p34
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 devcfg -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 devcfgbak -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 devinfo -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p31
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 dip -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p38
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 dpo -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p50
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 dsp -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 fotadata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p52
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 1970-01-02 06:36 fsc -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 fsg -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p16
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 keymaster -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p46
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 keymasterbak -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p47
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 keystore -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p33
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 limits -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p36
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 logdump -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p51
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 mcfg -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p41
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 mdtp -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p39
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 misc -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p32
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 1970-01-02 06:36 modem -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 modemst1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 modemst2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p14
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 mota -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p37
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 msadp -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p49
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 oem -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p35
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 persist -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p30
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 recovery -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 redbend -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 1970-01-02 06:36 rpm -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 1970-01-02 06:36 rpmbak -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 1970-01-02 06:36 sbl1 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 1970-01-02 06:36 sbl1bak -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 sec -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 simlock -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 splash -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 1970-01-02 06:36 ssd -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 syscfg -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p40
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 traceability -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p19
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 tunning -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 1970-01-02 06:36 tz -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 1970-01-02 06:36 tzbak -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 userdata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p53
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1970-01-02 06:36 vendor -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p28

I was able to push the "parted" utility to the phone, after having found a version already compiled for ARMv8 processors (and the Qualcomm SnapDragon 435 inside the PVG100 is an ARMv8).
    This is the output I get:

127|Pepito:/data/local/tmp # ./parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print
    Model: MMC GD6BMB (sd/mmc)
    Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 31.3GB
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
    Partition Table: gpt
    Disk Flags:

Number Start End Size File system Name Flags
    1 67.1MB 155MB 88.1MB fat16 modem msftdata
    2 201MB 201MB 1024B fsc
    3 201MB 201MB 8192B ssd
    4 201MB 202MB 524kB sbl1
    5 202MB 202MB 524kB sbl1bak msftdata
    6 202MB 203MB 524kB rpm
    7 203MB 203MB 524kB rpmbak msftdata
    8 203MB 206MB 2097kB tz
    9 206MB 208MB 2097kB tzbak msftdata
    10 208MB 208MB 262kB devcfg
    11 208MB 208MB 262kB devcfgbak
    12 208MB 225MB 16.8MB ext4 dsp msftdata
    13 225MB 227MB 1573kB modemst1
    14 227MB 228MB 1573kB modemst2
    15 268MB 268MB 32.8kB DDR
    16 268MB 270MB 1573kB fsg
    17 270MB 270MB 16.4kB sec
    18 270MB 272MB 1573kB tunning
    19 272MB 273MB 1049kB traceability
    20 336MB 337MB 1049kB simlock
    21 337MB 340MB 3170kB redbend msftdata
    22 340MB 351MB 11.5MB splash
    23 403MB 404MB 1049kB aboot
    24 404MB 405MB 1049kB abootbak msftdata
    25 405MB 472MB 67.1MB boot
    26 472MB 539MB 67.1MB recovery
    27 539MB 3760MB 3221MB ext4 system
    28 3760MB 5371MB 1611MB ext4 vendor
    29 5436MB 5704MB 268MB ext4 cache
    30 5704MB 5738MB 33.6MB ext4 persist
    31 5771MB 5772MB 1049kB devinfo
    32 5838MB 5840MB 1049kB misc
    33 5840MB 5840MB 524kB keystore
    34 5840MB 5840MB 32.8kB config
    35 5840MB 6109MB 268MB oem
    36 6174MB 6174MB 32.8kB limits
    37 6241MB 6242MB 524kB mota msftdata
    38 6242MB 6243MB 1049kB dip
    39 6243MB 6276MB 33.6MB mdtp
    40 6276MB 6277MB 524kB syscfg
    41 6277MB 6281MB 4194kB mcfg msftdata
    42 6308MB 6309MB 1049kB cmnlib
    43 6309MB 6310MB 1049kB cmnlibbak
    44 6310MB 6311MB 1049kB cmnlib64
    45 6311MB 6312MB 1049kB cmnlib64bak
    46 6312MB 6313MB 1049kB keymaster
    47 6313MB 6315MB 1049kB keymasterbak
    48 6375MB 6376MB 262kB apdp
    49 6376MB 6376MB 262kB msadp
    50 6376MB 6376MB 8192B dpo
    51 6376MB 6443MB 67.1MB logdump
    52 6443MB 8590MB 2147MB ext4 fotadata msftdata
    53 8590MB 31.3GB 22.7GB userdata
    Sorry for the delay guys i have made a thread with my root method https://xdaforums.com/android/development/release-root-palm-phone-t4021201
    First of all credit for this goes to arpruss - https://github.com/arpruss/cve2019-2215-3.18.

Just download and install the apk from here https://github.com/arpruss/cve2019-2215-3.18/raw/master/release/app-release.apk

Then open the app and click install. You are done

WARNING: once you have a root shell do not modify system files as that will result in a bricked system until we figure out a way to unlock the bootloader.
    Do I have to run or install that .apk AFTER having spawned the root privileged shell or in substitution for it?
    What is it supposed to be doing?

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

May I ask you to please put the list of the commands needed for spawning the root privileged shell back in your tutorial? I think it helps people a lot ;)

Oh, and, people, do you know why, when I have the root shell, I'm not able to get the following command executed?
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

I get the following response:
    setprop: failed to set property 'sys.usb.config' to 'diag,adb'

IT WORKS! WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS CODE (AND OTHERS), freezex?! (I had tried lots of them from other phones with no success)

I was googling something like "alcatel diagnostic code",and found it in this funny page. LoL
    http://huaweisolarinverter.com/q16el/zav.php?juc=alcatel-6055u