• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General New Play System Update

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Still on September. Won't find any update.

There is no way to force/sideload this, right?

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
I got that update yesterday. My phone rebooted after it downloaded. Did the reboot happen to anyone else.
I thought the phone had rebooted yesterday but wasn't sure. This explains it.

I am on Nov 5.

But Google needs to fix bugs, not just security updates. Like the camera overprocessing, the screwy 4x zoom which is not used at times when chosen by the user, the sub-optimum battery, and the constant requests for PIN instead of FPS, or unlocking with a trusted device.

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago

I am on Nov 5.

But Google needs to fix bugs, not just security updates. Like the camera overprocessing, the screwy 4x zoom which is not used at times when chosen by the user, the sub-optimum battery, and the constant requests for PIN instead of FPS, or unlocking with a trusted device.
I've had none of these issues

Alekos

I am on Nov 5.

have you guys seen this page. I dunno what to think anymore. the hype around Pixels is such a weird thing. I get that there are bugs (and I've had a few glitches) but none of the bugs I've had are even listed here:

Reactions: yoallen78

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
When the phone fails to read your Fingerprint (something along the lines of three or four times in a row), it automatically blocks/deactivates the FPS, until you unlock it with your TO KNOW security measure (in your case PIN).

I had it happen to me a couple of times over the course of this month, and it was a tad too annoying to shrug off. I definitely miss my old P4 Faceunlock, never bothered me (except when I wore masks, lel).

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had it as well ... was on Nov 1, update, reboot and still on Nov 1 ...

Note there are two things: (a) security update (Nov 5 in my case) and (b) Play-systemupdate (Nov 1 in my case).
See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-094851.png
    Screenshot_20211130-094851.png
    119 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
Damn that's huge for a play system update. You have an unlocked device or carrier?
Yes, I have the Unlocked (and rooted) 512 GB model, using on AT&T. Maybe it hadn't checked for any Play System updates since I rooted - since I waited to root (and disable verity and verification, and flash the stock firmware and wipe) until just a week and a half ago (I think).

I confirm it now says November 1. Thank goodness Settings has search and I'm also glad it remembers my last several searches in settings, even after a reboot.

You apparently ordered the supersize version at the drive-thru 🙃
LOL!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just had a new Play System Update 55mb. I'm now on Nov 1 instead of the August 1 after the last update. 😁

Damn that's huge for a play system update. You have an unlocked device or carrier?
    Yes, I have the Unlocked (and rooted) 512 GB model, using on AT&T. Maybe it hadn't checked for any Play System updates since I rooted - since I waited to root (and disable verity and verification, and flash the stock firmware and wipe) until just a week and a half ago (I think).

I confirm it now says November 1. Thank goodness Settings has search and I'm also glad it remembers my last several searches in settings, even after a reboot.

LOL!!!!
    When I manually checked for a Play System update just now, it told me my update was over 600 MB! :) Sorry, no screenshot.
    I got that update yesterday. My phone rebooted after it downloaded. Did the reboot happen to anyone else.

I am on Nov 5.

I am on Nov 5.

I've had none of these issues