Question New Poco X3 Pro - defective battery?

Search This thread

Eiion

I've ordered a Poco X3 Pro directly from the localized Xiaomi online shop a few days ago and have received it on Saturday.

It arrived with the battery at 72%.

After setting it up, downloading and installing a new firmware version, installing a few apps that I'm using as well as uninstalling several of those that came with the phone (all done only with the phone itself - no adb debloating, yet) I put the phone aside with I think around 45% of battery capacity left. (Possibly something around 35%.)

Just now - about a day later - I picked it up again to continue and am shocked to find out that the battery is completely drained. (I haven't even put a SIM card in, yet)

Does that mean that I've received a defective device or is there another plausible explanation why the battery has completely drained within just about 24 hours at the most of not even touching it?
Could it be the not having a SIM in while NOT in airplane mode or is the modem off anyways when there's no SIM?

I'm hoping that someone in this subreddit can give me some advice on the issue.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
It means you should charge a new device to 100% before using. Charge to 100% then use it until shutdown for 3 times and see what you got.
It's best to establish a baseline before optimizing. Otherwise you have no frame of reference to the performance improvement or degradation.
Return it if it doesn't function normally.

Reactions: pvabel and Eiion

icodix

Jul 3, 2016
I've ordered a Poco X3 Pro directly from the localized Xiaomi online shop a few days ago and have received it on Saturday.

After setting it up, downloading and installing a new firmware version, installing a few apps that I'm using as well as uninstalling several of those that came with the phone (all done only with the phone itself - no adb debloating, yet) I put the phone aside with I think around 45% of battery capacity left. (Possibly something around 35%.)

Just now - about a day later - I picked it up again to continue and am shocked to find out that the battery is completely drained. (I haven't even put a SIM card in, yet)

Does that mean that I've received a defective device or is there another plausible explanation why the battery has completely drained within just about 24 hours at the most of not even touching it?
Could it be the not having a SIM in while NOT in airplane mode or is the modem off anyways when there's no SIM?

if the problem persists bring it to sc or for replacement.

Reactions: Eiion

Eiion

Thanks to the both of you for replying.

In the meantime I've fully charged it and put it into airplane mode with wifi on (its not my main phone, yet, so there's still no SIM in it). Now, two days later I'm still on 64% charge.

To me that either points towards the new battery having to be trained first issue or indeed is an issue caused by not having at least one SIM in causing the modem to go on continues search draining the battery. Had I better battery stats on the phone I could test that latter theory - unfortunately I haven't.

Reactions: blackhawk

icodix

Jul 3, 2016

In the meantime I've fully charged it and put it into airplane mode with wifi on (its not my main phone, yet, so there's still no SIM in it). Now, two days later I'm still on 64% charge.

To me that either points towards the new battery having to be trained first issue or indeed is an issue caused by not having at least one SIM in causing the modem to go on continues search draining the battery. Had I better battery stats on the phone I could test that latter theory - unfortunately I haven't.
try using it with sim and fully charge it 100 then use as normal with wifi or just play games, let's see if how it goes.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

See what app(s) is using up the battery.
AOD is off, right?
Otherwise that's a high drain.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
does our unit have aod? hmm. maybe it's because of running apps or android setup

Poco X3 Pro is LCD, no need AOD.

MIUI system itself drains battery fast.

Personally uses custom ROM. Whole day with 3G only, WIFI off mostly, phone mostly in standby, battery drain is around 5~6% or less per day.

Stop charging at 55%, start charging at 49 and below, charge once daily.
Screenshot.png

Last edited:

Eiion

Personally uses custom ROM. Whole day with 3G only, WIFI off mostly, phone mostly in standby, battery drain is around 5~6% or less per day.

I wouldn't mind lineageos but I have to use an official ROM for my banking app to work. 🙄

icodix

Jul 3, 2016

View attachment 5550557
that's why coz i got confused about aod hehe my bad.
Just saying... if not standby time should be very long. Likely an app.
I see

Eiion

Just a heads up:
After little over three months of using the phone I've come to the conclusion that the issue was caused by using the phone without SIM while it was constantly looking for a connection. Putting it into airplane mode fixed the issue.
Once I had fully swapped phones from my Axon 7 to the Poco X3 Pro (i.e. also moved the SIM over) it still worked as originally expected.

Now, since I currently can not sit due to a few surgeries a few weeks ago I'm fighting boredom in bed with the phone watching videos, surfing the web, checking some apps or by playing games via the Steam link app. So wifi and Bluetooth are both on all day every day, not to mention the normal mobile network connection.
With doing that I would guess a full charge would last 12-13 hours because typically I'm charging the phone before I sleep at which point I'm down to about 20% and having a full day with around 10.5 hours of screen on time.
I can only say that I'm really satisfied with the battery life of the X3 Pro - so far there's nothing to complain (besides a lack of updates and MIUI 12.5 which although ok isn't my favorite).

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It means you should charge a new device to 100% before using. Charge to 100% then use it until shutdown for 3 times and see what you got.
    It's best to establish a baseline before optimizing. Otherwise you have no frame of reference to the performance improvement or degradation.
    Return it if it doesn't function normally.

if the problem persists bring it to sc or for replacement.

Just a heads up:
    After little over three months of using the phone I've come to the conclusion that the issue was caused by using the phone without SIM while it was constantly looking for a connection. Putting it into airplane mode fixed the issue.
    Once I had fully swapped phones from my Axon 7 to the Poco X3 Pro (i.e. also moved the SIM over) it still worked as originally expected.

Now, since I currently can not sit due to a few surgeries a few weeks ago I'm fighting boredom in bed with the phone watching videos, surfing the web, checking some apps or by playing games via the Steam link app. So wifi and Bluetooth are both on all day every day, not to mention the normal mobile network connection.
    With doing that I would guess a full charge would last 12-13 hours because typically I'm charging the phone before I sleep at which point I'm down to about 20% and having a full day with around 10.5 hours of screen on time.
    I can only say that I'm really satisfied with the battery life of the X3 Pro - so far there's nothing to complain (besides a lack of updates and MIUI 12.5 which although ok isn't my favorite).