[NEW] Pointui Phone: Next Gen Dialer [1.0.08!]

Search This thread

MonteCristoffOn

Oct 9, 2005
Hi everybody,

We are proud to present you a brand new dialer for your device.
If you want to give it a try, you will find it here:

Enjoy!

Changelog

[17 nov. 2009] Pointui Phone 1.0.08

• New feature that allows a scrollable list of search results from the T9 search to be displayed - you will notice a search icon appears if there are more results to view now
  • Added setting to add/remove a shortcut in \\Windows\\Startup so Phone loads when device is reset
  • Added setting for delay on startup
  • Updated Phone to minimize when setup to load on device startup
  • Fixed click hold for + on keypad
  • Added setting for Autolock when on call
  • Added setting for delay of Autolock
  • Fixed time formatting
  • Added ability to use hardware keys to answer call
  • Fixed settings so activation screen can be displayed during a Trial
[4 nov. 2009] Pointui Phone 1.0.06

• Phone is focused if attempt is made to launch it again while it was already running (this may have been why some thought it wouldn't start back up
  • Launching the OS contact card view to edit a contact now works correctly
  • Any wait cursor code we had in the startup of the app has been removed
  • The phone now rings correctly on devices like the X1 and Diamond that were not ringing on an incoming call
  • The favorite area of the home screen is now aligned to the top/left when slid to using the favorite contact button - this is to make it seem a little more friendly, and all squares in that view can have a favorite added - feels a bit more "conventional"
  • An additional contacts screen was added from the home screen to allow browsing of all contacts
  • Text color automatically adjusts for favorites that have no photo and display text by taking into consideration the square color
  • Phone no longer is focused when phone status changes like flight mode
  • Fixed memory leak with Call History

[29 oct 2009] Pointui Phone 1.0.04b

• Incoming call now rings/vibrates as per normal phone settings.
  • Calls now updates list after removing all calls.
  • Aligned the Favourite Contacts area of the canvas to be top left so there are rows of 5 blocks and updated image map so there are no blank spots for that immediate area.
  • Removed Delete option for Contacts

[28 oct 2009] Pointui Phone 1.0.04

• First Community beta!
:cool:

Last edited:

tlefeuvre

Mar 18, 2008
Nice design ???!!

This design is absolutlely HO-RI-BLE ..
Maybe it's me, but I have never seen something so ugly ... (tried it on my elf)
This time, I am really disapointed ..

Come on, you can do better (should be easy) pointui guys ..

In terms of functionalities either, I don't get the advantage compared to standard winmo dialer ..

Thomas

afripino

Mar 2, 2007
meh....looks a bit unorganized as far as the interface. I prefer a clean look myself. it does move very fast and I like the framerate of motion. very smooth transitions. any way to quickly search through contacts by letter like pointui? I hate having to scroll the entire list to get to the bottom.

good start! I noticed this is revolution engine 2.5b....hinting at a pointui update???? ;)

dr3w2k

May 21, 2007
This design is absolutlely HO-RI-BLE ..
Maybe it's me, but I have never seen something so ugly ... (tried it on my elf)
This time, I am really disapointed ..

Come on, you can do better (should be easy) pointui guys ..

In terms of functionalities either, I don't get the advantage compared to standard winmo dialer ..

Thomas

I agree that is FUGLY! Not even gonna install it to try it...

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
I guess we live in a world full of people with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) where everything has to be symmetrical. They tried a different approach, just like everything that is meant as innovation. I honestly don't see the harm in being a little asymmetrical (although I will admit that the choice of colors sucks... and that is putting it in light terms). However, this is a beta people, it is bound to get better as the development continues.

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
I don't dig the abstract art style, but I do dig the touch scrollable dialer screen to reach different functions. Very innovative and seems user friendly.

TheSeanTeam

Feb 13, 2007
Personal Preference....

I guess it comes down to personal preference... I personally do not care for the color scheme, but I think the concept and execution of the dialer seems very cool.

Maybe come up with other themes (something less abstract and more business-like/professional perhaps?) and you probably have a winner on your hands...

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
I guess it comes down to personal preference... I personally do not care for the color scheme, but I think the concept and execution of the dialer seems very cool.

Maybe come up with other themes (something less abstract and more business-like/professional perhaps?) and you probably have a winner on your hands...

Couldn't agree more :)

dickenz

Apr 6, 2008
Kincumber NSW
You guys having a go at it for the theme shouldn't be judging a book by its cover:

Shane said:
Pointui Phone
Trial runs for 30 days (requires one time internet connection, activesync to PC is acceptable).
Includes Classic and Zun3 themes.

From the original PointUI thread. There are already 2 themes included, you don't have to run with the 'abstract' looking one as you're all calling it.

aclarkc

May 13, 2009
Installed on WQVGA i910 Omnia all seems to be going well. Will report back with any problems.