• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

new PX6 version?

Search This thread

chopperpl

Oct 6, 2010
Hello,
I was unable to google out any information regarding this topic, so I'm asking pros for opinion :)
I'm about to purchase new head unit with PX6 processor, but I was surprised when I saw on YT this unit showing PX6 package with quad-core A72+quad-core A53. Have you seen this design before, or is it just another faked value by chinese scammers?
Thanks

coromonadalix

Mar 25, 2010
px6 is commonly known as a rk3399 4gbram 64 gb drive nothing new there ?? fit their descriptions

the best proof is to get the system infos pictures ...

maxiauer

Aug 9, 2017
So, they claim to be RK3399 and "Octa Core", but (at least in the translation) I don't see they explaining what the "Octa-core" has inside (like 4xA72). So, my guess is a normal PX6 Hexa-Core with the usual Chinese-publisher mistake (describing it as Octa-Core)

Anyway, I would NOT recommend you to buy a PX6 nowadays. Better options:

- IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY: FYT Units based on 2xA75 + 6xA55 and up to 6GB RAM (UIS 7862) People seems quite happy with them (better audio as an example). Look on the FYT subforum here. A75 is quite more than an incremental update to A72.

- IF YOU CAN WAIT: Rockchip has their RK-3588 Scheduled for Q3/Q4 this year. What makes it relevant is that it is 4xA76, so twice the number of Big Cores, and A76 is not an evolution of A75 but is a completely clean-sheet design. It was originally scheduled for Q4 2020 but with the Chip-Shortage... Also UIS (the SoC manufacturers used on FYT) also have a 4xA76 chip to be launched "inminently"

OK, be aware that "waiting" could be more than 6 months... Neither SoC is anywhere to be seen yet and HW developers would need time to adapt the designs... In my case I have a PX5 that "works" (with delays on the UI) and I have decided to wait. But if you have NO unit at this time... go for a FYT

Hope this info helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, they claim to be RK3399 and "Octa Core", but (at least in the translation) I don't see they explaining what the "Octa-core" has inside (like 4xA72). So, my guess is a normal PX6 Hexa-Core with the usual Chinese-publisher mistake (describing it as Octa-Core)

Anyway, I would NOT recommend you to buy a PX6 nowadays. Better options:

- IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY: FYT Units based on 2xA75 + 6xA55 and up to 6GB RAM (UIS 7862) People seems quite happy with them (better audio as an example). Look on the FYT subforum here. A75 is quite more than an incremental update to A72.

- IF YOU CAN WAIT: Rockchip has their RK-3588 Scheduled for Q3/Q4 this year. What makes it relevant is that it is 4xA76, so twice the number of Big Cores, and A76 is not an evolution of A75 but is a completely clean-sheet design. It was originally scheduled for Q4 2020 but with the Chip-Shortage... Also UIS (the SoC manufacturers used on FYT) also have a 4xA76 chip to be launched "inminently"

OK, be aware that "waiting" could be more than 6 months... Neither SoC is anywhere to be seen yet and HW developers would need time to adapt the designs... In my case I have a PX5 that "works" (with delays on the UI) and I have decided to wait. But if you have NO unit at this time... go for a FYT

Hope this info helps