• Battery Life

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

fizzingbees

Feb 12, 2014
Peshawar
SI2 for Pakistan on SM-A705FN/DS released

can anyone confirm whether is there any improvment in FP scanner and camera quality on SI2 firmware with september security patch?

Reactions: raouf029

Sufyan3D

Jul 21, 2016
Got the update yesterday with September security patch.

Fingerprint scanner works much faster and reliably now. I like it a lot. I don't know about the camera if it has been improved I don't use it much, but selfie camera looks more detailed?

camalger

Sep 1, 2015
What's your phone CSC ?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I don't really know, last month I downloaded and installed the latest firmware using samfirm and "XSG" as region code to have faster updates but according to "phone info" I still have the same firmware's CSC code "MID" and the same weird active CSC code "TKD", I'm confused

Sunspark

Sep 7, 2015
I searched the galaxy store but couldn't find ant font named product sans. Can you please provide a link or the full name of the font?

Product Sans is a font that was copied over from the Pixel. I don't really care for how it looks (too round), so I will advise you to try instead "Samsung Sans" which is actually a decent font and is a free download in the galaxy store.

Reactions: ApexPrime

Life Companion

Mar 10, 2017
City Of Eagles
Samsung Galaxy A50
Reactions: ApexPrime

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Knock off the chest beating because no one here is more bad than my delete button :D

Seriously though, let's keep the comments respectful, helpful and within Forum Rules.

If you can't comment within the rules, simply don't comment at all. When someone makes a comment you feel is in violation of the rules or starts trouble, please just REPORT that comment and IGNORE that user until Moderation staff can address the situation.

The back and forth arguing is useless, clutters that threads, and makes everyone involved look silly.

So let's get back to respectful, helpful interaction here.

Thanks for your cooperation.
    ia any way to changing csc for quicker updates?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

You don't necessarily have to change CSC (this will wipe and reset your phone) because XSG is part of a multi-CSC (OJM). You can find more information on which CSC's are part of the multi-CSC of your device here

This means you can flash any firmware from one of the CSC's in the multi-CSC but chose carefully because the build and changelist should always be newer than your current firmware. Downgrading will cause issues and you should factory reset if you want to do so. My phone has CSC PHN which is part of the OXM multi-CSC and I flashed SEK over it (SEK seems to be updated most frequently for A70) with every update and didn't encounter any issues. You'll have to download the complete firmware you want (I used Frija for this).

After downloading and unzipping the file you can flash the firmware using Odin (version 3.13.1) by loading the different files in the right slots (CAUTION: If you don't want to wipe your phone use the HOME_CSC-file, not the normal CSC-file!) and putting your phone in download-mode (turn it off and while holding both volume buttons put the USB-cable in the phone. You'll get a green screen. Press volume up to continue). Check that the log in Odin says your phone is added into a COM-slot.

After you started the process wait for Odin to restart it at say PASS!. Now you can disconnect the phone and wait for it to restart, it will go through a screen to scan all installed apps (373 in my case) and than start as normal.
    The*A705GMDDU1ASE4*update comes in at 376MB and brings camera, fingerprint and stability improvements.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Additionally, the Galaxy A70 is also treated to the May security patch. The camera now features an added Beauty Video mode and overall quality improvements. The fingerprint sensor has been overhauled with better recognition and there is a new accidental touch protection feature. The update is live in India and should arrive in other countries in the coming weeks.

Source: GSMARENA

Did anyone receive the update? Any reviews?
    The fingerprint still has the occasional bad moment but in general it is satisfactory. Not enthusiastic about it but it does the job on the whole now.
    I just made the update for my A70 (France), this morning.
    The fingerprint is really much faster than before. Great !
    I'll test the camera later.