Question New software update in trial area 310323

Search This thread

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
Yeah the camera improved but there is loads of room to improve seeing how far superior is gcam during daylight. If the demo x mode with actual shadows comes it will be a big improvement.
Also portrait against the sun is still blown out like crazy. They improved the camera where it's good already but the main problems portrait against sunlight (weak flash) and shadows (looking to be fixed) still exist. Besides the camera haven't seen a single improvement since the phone is available. Rather got worse as they made it constantly harder to remove their crapware.

Btw Xiaomi 13 ultra doesn't have the white balance mess up Vivo is doing either as it supports white balance on gcam.
I've solved it by having three different AGC gcam setups one for around 1000, one 2500 and one 5000K.

Xiaomi 13 ultra better for the camera and root/global firmware without excessive spyware (but weaker display), s23U besides the camera the far superior phone.

Oppo find x6 pro better camera on secondary sensors (far better), working notifications but otherwise the same crap software.

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

THREAD CLEANED

I am reminding everyone in this thread/discussion that everyone is expected to conduct themselves in a decent and respectful manner. Please keep your replies in accordance to XDA Forum Rule 2. Member Conduct. because things are escalating and getting close to being out of hand -- with personal attacks, insults, forcibly ordering, mockery, and antagonistic replies only meant to further insult and/or argue.

2. Member conduct.

Flaming / Lack of respect: ...When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political, and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.
As stated in the rules, "...mobile phones are not racial, political, religious, or 'personally offensive' and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.” (as stated in Forum Rule 2.4 -- which also includes “personal attacks”). Criticism (which any/all criticisms are to only be in regards and restricted to mobile phone related matters) is to be constructive, objective, reasonable, and to keep personal opinion (mobile phone related matters notwithstanding) & attacks out of it. Although you might have your own personal reasons to be against certain things, criticisms about it should still have a modicum of respect and courtesy, and that nothing positive comes from posting in a hateful, argumentative, disrespectful, and/or self-righteous manner (as stated in Forum Rule 2.3). Personal insults and mockery is NOT necessary either!
Please refrain from ordering or forcing members to do anything.
Also, refrain from replies that are antagonistic & disrespectful that will just lead to more arguments and insults. It is better to ignore and refrain from even responding than to reply and fuel the fire more. If anything, use the report button if it is breaking any Forum Rule (particularly Rule 2).

Please keep it clean, respectful, and to tone it down, or members involved in the arguments will receive official warnings if it continues or even infractions if it is added onto past infractions/warnings.

Also, this thread is a discussion in relation to software updates; any debate on the device itself and/or in comparison with other devices is off-topic and should be brought to existing threads (in a respectful manner, I remind you), or create a thread to have a discussion in an appropriate thread, or even bring it to the off-topic forum.

Thank you for your cooperation,
simplepinoi177 FSM

Last edited:

Vinzie

Just got this....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023_0530_155317.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0530_155317.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 132

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
Again no security patches, who could have guessed.🤔
Also not yet including demo x mode for camera..

Clear that security updates (if not fake anyhow) only arrive once per quarter and that with 1 month delay.

kyero985

May 9, 2019
Vivo X90 Pro Plus
Wow, what a massive update in terms of file size. No mentions of the camera but I suspect the build number must have not remained unchanged.

Not received it yet but hopefully everyone will soon.

Vinzie

Clear that security updates (if not fake anyhow) only arrive once per quarter and that with 1 month delay.
Security patch is from may... (last line in attached screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_211316.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_211316.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 72

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
6.72 G is actually like a full system download. Wonder if they rebloat some things with this update - or why else it's a full package and not an update? (I haven't received it either - because up to now security updates were mentioned, I assumed they are not includd)

Vinzie

6.72 G is actually like a full system download. Wonder if they rebloat some things with this update - or why else it's a full package and not an update? (I haven't received it either - because up to now security updates were mentioned, I assumed they are not includd)
My update partition (spatial data) got corrupted by a failed local update, I guess that's why I got the full update. See warning at the top of the screenshot

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
I've been on a 13.0.20.72 for a while (from 13.0.20.1) beause that build contained a fix for my sim card issue. Perhaps I skipped the build (13.0.20.5 or 13.0.20.7) which contain a newer baseband version?!
Well - I guess that's why you got the newest update already. Either the rest gets it a couple days later - or not at all and we are still on 3 months schedule (for security updates). But with no mention in the notes or by you I wonder why demo x is not included. All the influencers are getting phones with demo x mode - so I would have guessed they added it to their mainline firmware already (knowing there are still some bugs in it - e.g. green grass reportedly being off a lot)

Vinzie

Well - I guess that's why you got the newest update already. Either the rest gets it a couple days later - or not at all and we are still on 3 months schedule (for security updates). But with no mention in the notes or by you I wonder why demo x is not included. All the influencers are getting phones with demo x mode - so I would have guessed they added it to their mainline firmware already (knowing there are still some bugs in it - e.g. green grass reportedly being off a lot)

I'm not sure if I got this update via the normal update screen or via the trial update screen. Because of the 21.1 I expected it to be a regular update that everybody would get soon. So far this build performs very good/fluid for me. So let's see and wait if this build gets released publicly or the next public release will be a higher/newer version number, hopefully including the demo X zeiss camera mode.

@extremecarver I have not read much about the Demo x mode besides 1 or 2 tweets. Where have you read about it ? Perhaps you can share (a link to) some example photos ?

Last edited:

extremecarver

Dec 4, 2009
If you're in the open beta channel - it likely doesn't matter what screen the update comes from.
The current closed beta channel should be
13.0.20.79 - that's the one that inludes demo-x and was used by most influencers (and was just a 289MB update over 13.0.20.70)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 11140537
    I removed every authorisation for Vivo crapware possible. But disabling the fingerprint sensor is not an option for me - because I need it very often to confirm logins at banks and other apps.

But yeah with the huge area makes sense it sucks quite some battery if it is active all the time. I don't think that the small screen wakeup causes a lot of battery. And yeah disabling snsors helps at least so far that before just with vibration the screen kinda went on all the time.

I'm willing to remove features that aren't essential to me - fingerprint however is. Double tap to activate I would not mind.

And yeah I know that letting the crap spware not phone home all the time - leads to MORE battery consumption - because it tries and tries and tries. There is actually even a setting in the table on retries that defaults to 0 - so likely indefinite. I set it to 1 but it didn't change anything.

Origin OS is utter rubbsish in loads of areas. That it maybe have a nice homescreen or countless options for features I never use or mostly even debloated I don't care. What I need from this software is not done and looking back at update history Vivo never really improved their phones after the first few month. It's also clear to see their phonse get thrown in a drawer pretty quick with virtually no one active on older phone forums.
    It's so buggy and broken that at some point most will encounter some dealbreakers and stop using those phones.

This update doesn't solve anything major. Just some tiny things but the main problems are all still there and likely will all still be there until you exchange the phone for something with decent software quality.
    don't you have your own thread to talk about that? Such spam in every thread...
    Haters gonna hate, no way around that. The phone for me has been great. Battery life is muchhhhh better than my previous Xiaomi mi 11 global version. And charging is super fast. Hell even when charging in my car using a 100w baseus charger, it's charges fast. Extreme and some other guys here on xda made me think that charging would be super slow when not using the original cable. Anyways I'm super happy. The only issue I have is dark mode with AOD and notifications (which I've already mentioned). Other than that I'm super happy with my purchase. Camera is awesome, notifications work great since I'm not using dark mode, battery life great, Google pay works and charging is fast. And I didn't even debloat the phone. I just followed that trading Shenzhen YouTube video for tips on origin os. Also using Nova launcher without any issues. It's like others mentioned, do your research before you buy otherwise go with a overpriced s23u
    Another useless update not change anything no security patch...
    Are you extremecarver's twin brother?

Security patch is from may... (last line in attached screenshot)
    Just got this....