New software update v20i

Search This thread

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
I had used the file from there to upgrade my phone. It work! (without data losses!) So you can refresh your system without reinstalling it.
(only if not rooted!)

mkdr

Oct 15, 2010
There is no V20j. And yes, "I've noticed a huge improvement in screen retention since v20e. So stop telling this idea is ridiculous.", thats ridiculous.

CbIP

Apr 6, 2012
Moscow
After this update I have issues with the fast charge.
I plug in the original charger and the phone says it is in the fast charge mode. After approx. a minute it changes mode to regular charge with a "ding" sound.
Hope v20j will fix this, but I haven't received it by air yet.

Upd: I also noticed overheating problem after this update

Last edited:

mspant

May 7, 2012
After this update I have issues with the fast charge.
I plug in the original charger and the phone says it is in the fast charge mode. After approx. a minute it changes mode to regular charge with a "ding" sound.
Hope v20j will fix this, but I haven't received it by air yet.

Upd: I also noticed overheating problem after this update

I have also the same behavior with v20i update , when I plug the original charger it's says that it's in fast charging mode, but after a minute it's changes to regular charge, I have to unplug and plug the cable to revert back to fast charge.

mkdr

Oct 15, 2010
I've noticed a huge improvement in screen retention since v20e. So stop telling this idea is ridiculous.

Your statement makes no sense. If I can, Lg can too including the same default configuration. Isn't needed any search. It's obvious, like It's obvious that you don't know what you are talking about but you want to look wiseacre.

lol : P ... : D "If I can change the displays temperature (lower blue) LG can too..." LOL nice story bro. so all G5 now have a red colored display : D because the only "fix" for screen retention aka soft burn-in is to lower a displays blue tone, and LG cant do that and they didnt, otherwise millions of G5 owners would call in their help center of "defect" red toned displays... maybe you now get it, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

drmilosh

Nov 25, 2011
Nis
lol : P ... : D "If I can change the displays temperature (lower blue) LG can too..." LOL nice story bro. so all G5 now have a red colored display : D because the only "fix" for screen retention aka soft burn-in is to lower a displays blue tone, and LG cant do that and they didnt, otherwise millions of G5 owners would call in their help center of "defect" red toned displays... maybe you now get it, but I doubt it.
Actually, since 20f (or other its been a while) I have seen many improvements and i had no screen burn in/retention on it.
Earlier version was 20c and i had it.. So.. Yeah.. And lowering blue colour means lowering all the colours ( red and green - RGB.. They would be idiots to just lower the blue colour) so no 'red tint' screens..

Last edited:

Aceracer27

Feb 20, 2011
Sydney
Honor Play
I installed 20i via LG UP as I was too impatient to wait for OTA update, was on 6.0 out of the box! I'm not too happy with the update as my battery drains quite fast (dose is working fine) when I have the screen on. Also the phone just dies when the battery gets to about 15%.

The phone is only a few weeks old.....

Any feedback would be appreciated.

S (H850).

CbIP

Apr 6, 2012
Moscow
I installed 20i via LG UP as I was too impatient to wait for OTA update, was on 6.0 out of the box! I'm not too happy with the update as my battery drains quite fast (dose is working fine) when I have the screen on. Also the phone just dies when the battery gets to about 15%.

S (H850).

When did you install the update? If just a day or two ago - give the phone some time to calibrate the battery and remember its parameters. I'd also recommend to perform a few full discharge-charge cycles: discharge up to 2% (if possible - cause you mentioned your phone dies at 15%) and perform a a full charge without using or unplugging phone. Try not to use quick charge during calibration.
How did you check if dose is working?
You can also install a battery monitor app (I am using "3C Battery Monitor Pro") and check the capacity, voltage, consumption and also what apps are draining the battery.

If this won't help - the battery may be faulty: ask for RMA.

Reactions: Aceracer27

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
I may be ot with this "battery thing" BUT as far is summer and i use A LOT the phone texting, taking pictures and liatening to music on the beach, I must admit that this heavy usage with screen often on drain my battery in 2,5/3 hours, with ALL THE FIRMWARE, since i bogjt the phone. About the % i have origonale and other brands batyery (total of 6, 2 are originals), someone dies at 3% someone at 25%!!!! And this is not about the genuine or not. I'm starting marking them with a pencil to know who is better or not. I was just wandering if calibrating a battery is a phone side or battery side? I mean:if I calibrate, than swap and calibrate another one the battery will stay calibfayed or is the phone that has a battery parameter about calibration? Thank you.

CbIP

Apr 6, 2012
Moscow
I may be ot with this "battery thing" BUT as far is summer and i use A LOT the phone texting, taking pictures and liatening to music on the beach, I must admit that this heavy usage with screen often on drain my battery in 2,5/3 hours, with ALL THE FIRMWARE, since i bogjt the phone. About the % i have origonale and other brands batyery (total of 6, 2 are originals), someone dies at 3% someone at 25%!!!! And this is not about the genuine or not. I'm starting marking them with a pencil to know who is better or not. I was just wandering if calibrating a battery is a phone side or battery side? I mean:if I calibrate, than swap and calibrate another one the battery will stay calibfayed or is the phone that has a battery parameter about calibration? Thank you.

I don't know if a phone remembers parameters of all batteries which were inserted in it. If nobody answers this question, I'd offer an experiment: choose one battery which is not used in the phone right now and which was balanced before, put in in the phone and perform a balancing once again, i.e. perform a few full discharge-charge cycles without replacing the battery. If its performance improved - it means that the phone doesn't store information about all the batteries that were used with it. Otherwise - it stores this information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diomorgan

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
When did you install the update? If just a day or two ago - give the phone some time to calibrate the battery and remember its parameters. I'd also recommend to perform a few full discharge-charge cycles: discharge up to 2% (if possible - cause you mentioned your phone dies at 15%) and perform a a full charge without using or unplugging phone. Try not to use quick charge during calibration.
You can also install a battery monitor app (I am using "3C Battery Monitor Pro") and check the capacity, voltage, consumption and also what apps are draining the battery.

I don't know if a phone remembers parameters of all batteries which were inserted in it. If nobody answers this question, I'd offer an experiment: choose one battery which is not used in the phone right now and which was balanced before, put in in the phone and perform a balancing once again, i.e. perform a few full discharge-charge cycles without replacing the battery. If its performance improved - it means that the phone doesn't store information about all the batteries that were used with it. Otherwise - it stores this information.
Maybe is a blacebo, maybe is autoconvinction, but I'm pretty sure I prolonged the life of 2 batteries that use to die at 25%.The only bothering thing is that you must let them drain totally after the calibration. Anyway, batfery are so unexpensive now, you can buy a new GOOD one for €10 with intelligent wall charger! Thata's the only reason I don't upgrade with integrated battery new phone... ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    any improvement with screen burn ?

lol... in what kind of world are you living? It is nothing a software can magically "fix".
    any improvement with screen burn ?

thanks for your helpful ans but its reduced with v20d update.

yeah... of course... of course... *rolls eyes*
    No! No zip file until now
    Yes it is rootable like 20d

S (H850).

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone