New Sound Mod Perfected. Stereo and High Impedance

Search This thread

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
Hi @rootlinux I'd be really grateful if you can help me out. This Tasha xml fixes the speaker phone issue for LOS 15.1 on the LS997 v20. But using it sacrifices the dual speaker feature that you pioneered. Is there a way to modify it which preserves the fix for the speaker phone and gets the dual speaker feature working? I've tried and failed.

https://app.box.com/s/sw6wup9a6mampxl3ay1em4ko8mhqmlzd

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice Bear

phateticwaltz

Oct 28, 2010
Hi

Please advice which file i need to use if I just want high impedance with headphone.

Im using h990ds on oreo.

Thanks

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
Will I get a better sound after flashing it?
Will it brick my phone?
You should get a better sound. The worst thing that has ever happened to me was I lost sound but that's because I did it wrong. Make a back up of your ROM first just in case. FYI, you don't flash it. Research how it's done. It's a file replacement and then the permissions need to be set to 0644. If you're not sure what you're doing better back up the ROM.

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Hi,

I read where someone said that the file they were using was sounding great with the Phone Speakers and that the speakers were "shaking" (in a good way), I assume from the Bass. But I went looking for that message to see what the name was, but I cannot find it.

Does anybody know (for phone spkrs);

A) Which one it was?

B) Have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Posted from my way cool LG V20 (H910) Nougat 7.0

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
Hi,

I read where someone said that the file they were using was sounding great with the Phone Speakers and that the speakers were "shaking" (in a good way), I assume from the Bass. But I went looking for that message to see what the name was, but I cannot find it.

Does anybody know (for phone spkrs);

A) Which one it was?

B) Have any recommendations?

Thanks!

I always used this one but lately I don't use any because I want my speaker phone to work on LOS.

rootlinux_stereo_high_impedance_FIX_Louder_MAX_2.zip

Reactions: Zeuszoos

DesertEagleSlim

I always used this one but lately I don't use any because I want my speaker phone to work on LOS.

rootlinux_stereo_high_impedance_FIX_Louder_MAX_2.zip

Speaking of speaker phone not working right... Ive been noticing that noone on other end of call can hear me if I have speaker phone on during conversation. Is there a fix for this so you can still use the mod? I'd really like to still be able to use my speakerphone. Any info is helpful. Thanks in advance

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Speaking of speaker phone not working right... Ive been noticing that noone on other end of call can hear me if I have speaker phone on during conversation. Is there a fix for this so you can still use the mod? I'd really like to still be able to use my speakerphone. Any info is helpful. Thanks in advance
That sounds more like a mic problem, no?

I do remember some months ago hearing something about that. Not sure if it was about the V20. Sorry I can't help much other than to say Google it, because as I said, I remember reading about it, with a way to fix it, so it has to be out there.

TTYL

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
I forget if that's a problem on stock Oreo too. It's definitely a problem on LOS. it's either or right now. Which rom are you on?

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Since going back to Nougat, whenever I change my Build.Prop setting:

audio.offload.pcm.16bit.enable

… so that it's set to "true" (which boosts the sound a lot) and I reboot and check it, it's set back to "false".

Any idea what would cause that?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

UPDATE: I tried changing it with another app and with this one, it's showing that it's not the reboot, but rather, it's not taking the change at all.

The apps I've tried did prompt me for Root and I did Grant it. The first app I tried is the same one I made this same change successfully with the last time I had the A-O Nougat ROM on this phone.

Thanks

aCIDsLAM

Feb 7, 2015
Because with a systemless root, you're uable to directly manipulate any file (including the mixer_paths_tasha.xml file) in the /system/vendor/etc folder. That's why I was requesting this module.

In any case, I actually read up on the GitHub page for creating your own Magisk module to edit the mixer paths file and was successful, but now, in Oreo, by editing the lines of code per the OP, when the DAC is enabled, like others, I have no sound. So for the time being, I've uninstalled my module and have submitted questions in a different thread asking why/how this does not work in Android Oreo.

Unless someone here knows what to edit to boost the gain on the DAC in Oreo?? :)

Using oreo too. WOuld you mind, sharing your magisk module?

aCIDsLAM

Feb 7, 2015
Because with a systemless root, you're uable to directly manipulate any file (including the mixer_paths_tasha.xml file) in the /system/vendor/etc folder. That's why I was requesting this module.

In any case, I actually read up on the GitHub page for creating your own Magisk module to edit the mixer paths file and was successful, but now, in Oreo, by editing the lines of code per the OP, when the DAC is enabled, like others, I have no sound. So for the time being, I've uninstalled my module and have submitted questions in a different thread asking why/how this does not work in Android Oreo.

Unless someone here knows what to edit to boost the gain on the DAC in Oreo?? :)

RootLinux,

Great News!!! :)

As I said, my biggest need was hearing my phone ring, having conversations on speaker phone and watching videos. But even at full volume, I wouldn't even know my phone was ringing, unless I had it next to me and forget about hearing all the rest! Heck, watching YouTube videos at full volume, I still simply could not make out what was being said!

And as for V4A, putting quality aside and just speaking of quantity of sound (volume), while it always boosted the volume of everything across the board on all of my previous phones (all Samsungs), V4A was zero help on this LG (for volume)!

As I said, I can't understand how a manufacturer could put out a phone with such obvious sound volume problems!!!

I did however, use the "16bit=true" Build.Prop tweak that you told me to use, which did help and is appreciated muchly, thank you, but it did not, all by itself solve the problem (and you didn't say it would). But combined with what follows, the problem is now 100% fixed! :)

And so now on with my great news…..

I was wrong about not having the file that you created for me to fit my sound needs, which again, were (in order of importance);

* Ringer - To hear it from other rooms.
* Speaker Phone Conversations
* Notifications
* Hear videos
* Both Phone Speakers working well.

It turns out that I did have it backed up!
I just happened across it this afternoon!

What happened was that I had renamed the file extension from it's original "xml"
to "xml.1st.phone.ph.spkrs", so I would know it instantly when I saw it. I had just forgotten to put it in the proper folder, where I have been keeping these files.

So anyway, once I saw it there, I went to work and renamed the original to simply "xml.org" at the end, copied the file you had made available for me in there and renamed the extension back to just "xml" and then made sure to turn the Volume Down to about halfway for all of the Volume Sliders and then Powered Off.

I then waited for about a minute and then did a Power On and gave it 5 minutes to make sure everything that loads at Startup finished loading and then tried it out.

Man, what a difference!!! The volume at halfway was considerably louder than it was at full volume before the changes were made! And now I don't ever even need to go to full volume! About 35%-40% is fine for nighttime and during the day, I never need to go up past the 2/3 mark!

I am finally a happy camper with the volume of the sound! And the speakers (both) sound decent for phone speakers!

You may not remember, but I had previously mentioned that I have an Android business, meaning that I work with developers all the time, on everything Android app related, from concept and design, to testing, to fixing issues, to marketing and promotion and everything else in between as well and I simply HAVE to be able to get these calls (hear ringing) and I'm almost always on Speaker Phone when we're having conversations so that I can keep my hands free and so obviously I have to be able to hear what they're saying!

This was VERY IMPORTANT to me and you really did a TERRIFIC job of supporting my needs as a user (and really, an entire group), when you had no obligation whatsoever to do so and on top of that, you required nothing in return! But if your OP has a "Donate" button, then I'm definitely going to send something your way at some point between tonight and tomorrow.

Thank You for Everything, including Your Patience with Dumb*ss Me!!! :)

TTYL

Sent from my wicked fast, way bad ass,
LG V20 (H910), Droid Oreo v8.0, Rooted,
Alpha-Omega F*ck Sh*t Up Master ROM

I tried to make a magisk module with those settings and the xml. Maybe somebody else finds it usefull or would like to try it.
Use at your own risk. Its my first module try. Hope i understood everything right.

Attachments

• VolumeFix_LG_V20-signed.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Reactions: •Vanilla•

•Vanilla•

Feb 17, 2019
I tried to make a magisk module with those settings and the xml. Maybe somebody else finds it usefull or would like to try it.
Use at your own risk. Its my first module try. Hope i understood everything right.
This one doesn't work for me on LOS 15.1. Is it ok if I could ask you to implement the Louder_MAX_2 xml into the Magisk module?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pay me back using my PayPal.Me link: https://www.paypal.me/rootlinux

NEW FLASHABLE ZIP FOR ALL ROMS AT BOTTOM OF POST. Stereo speakers with no forced High Impedance.

If you want to support a broke dad of four kids any donations are appreciated.
    I am also planning on building ROMs for the V20 since most devs have dropped out.
    I am also almost finished with my complete social app.
    Any donations will get you my social app for free.
    It will be on the Play Store soon. However if you donate PM me with your donation info and I will send you a copy for free.

Mirror to all files at bottom of post.

Credits first off to my friend Freeza for which this mod was based off of. He gave me the go ahead to use and moddify any way I like.
    This is the result.

I understand there are many files here but I like options.
    Trying to support as many V20 variants as we have.

This is tested and works flawlessly on my Sprint LS997. This should work for all variants but this is made from latest firmware updates ZV7.

This is something I have been working on for a few days and have now got it Perfected.
    I bring you Stereo sound via Front and Bottom firing speakers. Lowered volume to help protect your expensive device.
    I bring you Quad Dac high impedance mode when HiFi is enabled.
    Enjoy the full audiophile experience.

Hit like if this helped you out.

Unzip the file. Place it in root of internal storage in folder System/etc. Set permissions, turn device off then power back on.
    That is all.

After setting my device up again I am pretty sure I found the problems some had as I had them that time.
    Found and fixed the problems. Hifi really FORCED with Stereo.

rootlinux stereo high impedance FIXED

All files moved to the bottom of this post. Link contains all zip files.

Louder FIXED
    Volumes bumped up but still below dangerous levels.

Louder MAX version 1

Louder MAX version 2. Master volumes turned up

More pronounced stereo effect FIXED
    Louder front speaker to blend sound levels for a more emersive feeling.

High Impedance Bottom speaker ONLY loud without stereo effect.

Restore to default settings.

Edit...

OLDER

If you are on older firmware, try this file.
    It doesn't work on my updated firmware as it is based on my friend Freeza's older firmware update and modded further by me.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/596b8baba4348/mixer_paths_tasha.xml.zip

Louder Test Mod based on Freeza's mod.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/597141478a03c/Old_Mod_Enhanched_Stereo.zip

More pronounced stereo sound. Louder front speaker ( still well under max volume ) to get a better sound experience.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/596bfd0092333/rootlinux_more_pronounced_stereo_effect.zip

Even more pronounced stereo effect test file.
    Try it and let me know. Based on latest firmware.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/596c00612119a/rootlinux_even_more_pronounced_stereo_test.zip

Updated bluetooth mod is below this one.

BT mod moved to it's own thread.

Here https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3659228

Check post for in call stereo loud speakers. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=74399474

All files as of November 2017
    https://mega.nz/#!EIswmKDD!x_WwPfs9KIMQEGdECCSvx_WYCP3Nxnt7i0TNMMiqHzQ

NEW FLASHABLE ZIP FOR ALL ROMS
    https://mega.nz/#!JMV1SA4S!m9vEfZG1cpRjqyfop7R2azYLzRLrRIsQ6Q8Njd2A88o
    Sorry, I haven't been in much.
    My wife had brain surgery and following Grand Mal seizures so it has been rough.
    I posted to my YouTube channel just now about it. I will start my mods, social app and video reviews back up shortly if things keep improving.
    That's where I have been.
    Any app donations could really be used right now as she is out of work.
    If you donate remind me and I will send the app. Once it goes live with updates on the Play Store I will send keys to all donations.
    Thank you for your help.
    If you pray send them our way.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    My wife is having bad seizures today.
    All files should be labelled correctly.
    The thread describes each file.
    I will get back as soon as my wife is feeling better.
    Until then others here will probably jump in to help.
    Sorry but I am trying to take care of my wife today.
    I want to thank everyone that is helping others out in this thread. That is what it is all about.
    So, thank you.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Master Mix with Stereo Loud Speakers and boosted in call volume

Test this out.
    Stereo loud speakers for in call loud speakers.
    First to create this mod.