New stock rom 20H LG D855

Search This thread

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011
You better check your apps or services mate, i lost my first percent of battery after about 8-9 hours in standby with 20F. Maybe you have to much activity in standby on your phone.

I do have quite a lot of apps and widgets in my phone, and it loses about 10-12% overnight, compared to 3-5% overnight while it was on Kitkat.

On GSam battery monitor, it always shows that "Android System" and "Kernel (Android OS)" eat up a substantial portion of the battery. Anything wrong here?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I do have quite a lot of apps and widgets in my phone, and it loses about 10-12% overnight, compared to 3-5% overnight while it was on Kitkat.

On GSam battery monitor, it always shows that "Android System" and "Kernel (Android OS)" eat up a substantial portion of the battery. Anything wrong here?

I have about 115 apps installed and everything on full sync and i lose about 2-3% a night, i kid you not :)

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011
I have about 115 apps installed and everything on full sync and i lose about 2-3% a night, i kid you not :)

I have 196 apps installed from Google Play Store and 33 from Amazon App Store. Something is wrong here. The fact that on Lollipop, the standby time has gone considerably worse than Kitkat without changing anything, maybe it's the ART thing which some of my old apps are having issues with.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I have 196 apps installed from Google Play Store and 33 from Amazon App Store. Something is wrong here. The fact that on Lollipop, the standby time has gone considerably worse than Kitkat without changing anything, maybe it's the ART thing which some of my old apps are having issues with.

Could be. You could install CPU Spy free to monitor the cpu`s activity or a batterymonitor app.

Reactions: Sharpshooterrr

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I already have GSam and it just shows me Android System and Kernel eating about 30% - which is huge since the game I use most takes up only about 5%.

Thats quite much, kernel and system use about 10% on my phone. Do you have location power saving mode (wifi only) enabled or high accuracy? And disable the LG quick circle cover option if you don`t use it.

Last edited:

rockbigdave

Jun 24, 2010
Just Normal flashed over stock 20F (update via the LG PC suite) with this kdz and no issues yet! Lollipop buttons and other features also appearing fine.

UI is still choppy, but it's only been 5 minutes since flashing, so will give it time to bed in.

parthb102

Sep 1, 2014
A lot of people are saying that this update is only 89 Mb but in the links given here its 1.1 Gb. Does anyone have any information on this?

RavoxX

Nov 12, 2011
A lot of people are saying that this update is only 89 Mb but in the links given here its 1.1 Gb. Does anyone have any information on this?

The files are the complete ROM you have to flash on your phone, if you install the update via OTA LG just sents you the updated files.

Sharpshooterrr

Jul 3, 2011
Thats quite much, kernel and system use about 10% on my phone. Do you have location power saving mode (wifi only) enabled or high accuracy? And disable the LG quick circle cover option if you don`t use it.

Location is set to high accuracy, but I've always set it like that even while it was in Kitkat and there were no problems with it draining battery.

In "app sucker" in GSam, I see "System" with a purple lollipop icon and one of the included packages is "LGSmartCover. I don't know why it takes up battery if the QuickCircle case option is turned off in settings.

JohnnyPhate

Jan 29, 2015
Location is set to high accuracy, but I've always set it like that even while it was in Kitkat and there were no problems with it draining battery.

In "app sucker" in GSam, I see "System" with a purple lollipop icon and one of the included packages is "LGSmartCover. I don't know why it takes up battery if the QuickCircle case option is turned off in settings.
I had similar issues in previous stock lollipop as well. No solution found.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts