New swype beta update

Search This thread

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
The full changelog is as follows:

* Added German and Portuguese languages
* Added the auto-space suppression short-cut gesture: Swype from the spacebar to backspace
* Added the quick language switch short-cut gesture: Swype from the Swype Key to the Q key
* Improved the word prediction algorithm to provide better support for additional languages
* Improved handling of several gesture collisions, including want/wasn't, to/too and others
* The Android IME no longer sometimes hangs/crashes when Swype scrapes the user's address book for dictionary entries
* Tips and help menus now accessible when a password field is active
* Backspace now works in applications which use raw key input instead of an editable text field (e.g. terminal emulator)
* The single character "i" is no longer incorrectly auto-capitalized in non-English languages (reported by many of you!)
* Tons of other minor bug-fixes, including many device-specific issues

Thanks for that. Just updated via the beta page.

It looks like they updated the keyboard's looks (again). And they added a "Show complete trace" option, which leaves the trace on-screen for the last word Swyped (unless I missed it from a previous version).

snap20100913102845.png
snap20100913102917.png

D

diversificationied

It's sorta been there always, just labeled differently. Before it showed the "correct" trace for the word it used. Now it uses your trace instead.

_PeTiT_

Mar 1, 2010
Padova
hey mates,
I'm having trouble installing swype 2.4XXXXXX
thats my steps:
- I removed old swype version
- I installed via "swype installer"
ok installation complete.
I enabled swype from "language and keyboard" and the first option "Select language" is disabled. (I supposed it used the default language)

I try writing an sms enabling swype but I received this error:
"The Swype package you installed is configured for another device etc." :confused:

So I uninstalled Swype and Swype installer.

I tried again with a direct apk of same version 2.4XXXX.
but same error.... :mad:

any idea?

liam.lah

Feb 12, 2010
Nevada
Seems noticeably faster, mine used to have a lag between the end of the swype and the word coming up. Though i did have some trouble getting it to recognise some long words i was writing, even when i did it very slow and deliberate over the letters, it would still get it wrong.

cr0wnest

Jun 29, 2010
Singapore
I try writing an sms enabling swype but I received this error:
"The Swype package you installed is configured for another device etc." :confused:

So I uninstalled Swype and Swype installer.

I tried again with a direct apk of same version 2.4XXXX.
but same error.... :mad:

any idea?

You're not alone. From what i know they used a security encryption in the DEX file which checks for the phone identity or something like that. So unless someone finds a way to bypass it, this will probably never work for non-beta testers.

_PeTiT_

Mar 1, 2010
Padova
SOLVED ! ! !

I uninstalled old swype 1.6, I installed swype installer and I installed swype from swype installer.
After swype installation I saw a window called "registering product".
After this swype worked good.

Maybe was an authentication issue ;)

osugsxr

Jun 9, 2010
been using one I downloaded from here somewhere....hacked version I think and I was able to get signed into the beta. Received an email about the update, think Ill give it ago and install it

eabinsan

Sep 24, 2009
for anyone who wants to buy it from market - give ultra keyboard a try. it can type and swipe, and has a gazillion of options. i for one like it better than swype.
only downside is that it does not work with CoPilot...but that may very well be copilots fault.

alyvols

Sep 2, 2010
Knoxville
what about the new android phone owners??

Ya know it would have been really nice if Swype could have given new android owners a chance to sign up. I haven't had my Incredible for long.. first android I've owned. Really wanted to try Swype, so installed it.. and now I am getting that stupid expired message.. I didn't realize how much I really liked this way of typing!! now I feel lost... :(

I REALLY hope someone will upload the new beta version soon.. I'm already having withdrawal symptoms!!!:(