General New System Update (62.1.A.0.587)

Search This thread

code010101

Jun 12, 2008
Sony Xperia 10 III
Hello,

this morning I got a message about a new system update 62.1.A.0.587, 313.5MB.
By searching the web I found no info related to this update, which is somehow strange.
I guess it could contain fixes for the various bugs that were reported on Android 12.
However, I think I will wait a while before update my device, just to be sure...

Any news?

r3verse

Dec 27, 2017
I updated to this new build just a few hours ago, so far no issues. I had some issues on the previous build where taking pictures through WhatsApp didn't always work, seems to be fixed now. Let me know if you want me to test something.

r3verse

Dec 27, 2017
Screenshot_20220519-114118.png

Here's the details, they updated the security update version to april. Google play update you could already do on previous build independently.

Reactions: code010101

combinedfleet

Jun 13, 2019
I've just updated to this new version and to me it looks like the display issue (green tint, crushing of black levels) is finally gone. I hope I'm not getting crazy. I'll take a closer look after work.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Anyone using Android 12 found that Wifi auto-connect is not working? I mean even if Wifi is turned off. If you enter the range for a previously connected Wifi, the phone should automatically turn on Wifi and connect to it.

It used to work in Android 11 but doesn't work anymore since upgrading to Android 12.

code010101

Jun 12, 2008
Sony Xperia 10 III
mmm ... maybe I'm wrong,
but for me that option allows to auto-connect to a saved WiFi network only when the WiFi is ON.
How the device could be aware if you are in range of a WiFi spot if the WiFi itself is OFF?

Last edited:

ksuuk

Apr 23, 2012
Tallinn
Hello,

By searching the web I found no info related to this update, which is somehow strange.
I guess it could contain fixes for the various bugs that were reported on Android 12.
However, I think I will wait a while before update my device, just to be sure...

Any news?

I'm still using Android 11 as I decided to wait at least one update before upgrade to Android 12. But as this update didn't change the material layout, now I'm planning to wait some more...

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
mmm ... maybe I'm wrong,
but for me that option allows to auto-connect to a saved WiFi network only when the WiFi is ON.
How the device could be aware if you are in range of a WiFi spot if the WiFi itself is OFF?
It's a new feature introduced in Android 11. I don't know the exact technical details but it seems to utilize the location of the phone to detect if you're near a previously connected Wifi spot.

And according to the link below, this feature was broken after Android 12 Jan update and was fixed in Mar update.

ksuuk

Apr 23, 2012
Tallinn
It's a new feature introduced in Android 11. I don't know the exact technical details but it seems to utilize the location of the phone to detect if you're near a previously connected Wifi spot.
https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...matically-connect-to-specific-wi-fi-networks/ - "Android 11 has a new toggle in the settings panel for Wi-Fi networks called 'Auto-connect,' and when it is switched off, your device won't automatically connect to the given network as soon as it is discovered."

I think it's related to location, so location must be enabled. But this is just guess, as I don't use this option and wifi is always on.

code010101

Jun 12, 2008
Sony Xperia 10 III
I updated yesterday, everything seems fine for now, with no evident changes with respect to the previous one.
I appreciated the fact that Sony released two updates so closer in time.

mei_chuen

Apr 27, 2022
Hello,

Any news?
After the last update that I wasn't happy with (pull-down menu became huge icons and having to click multiple times to turn on wifi, mobile internet etc...) I'll wait... :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_20220519-114118.png

Here's the details, they updated the security update version to april. Google play update you could already do on previous build independently.