New Tab S 10.5 Owner..

Search This thread

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
I use an "usb power meter $10" to check how much my 10.5" is charging at, 1750ma is the highest i have seen.

I have tried those software power meter`s but there value changes all the time, I still use them but i dont rely on them.

John.

I have two of the usb meters below and they have the most features for the price i have found so far.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171927124...49&var=470835760531&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

@tinderbox

Galaxy charger current

Batery 79% just now : I plug =>

Reference 1146 MA ...refresh 1158
Maximum 1800 MA ... Refresh 1800
Average 504 MA ... Refresh 1027 ... Refresh 1107 ...

These one, 504 but now it's fine I thing ?! 1000/1100 is good no ?

PS: yesterday 100% ==> 85 % = 1 hour SoT

voyager_s

Jan 3, 2011
Hi guys...I'm thinking of buying this tablet. Spent some time with it recently at a friend's place and really loved it. The display is awesome. I stream a lot of video content...I'm just curious though. What's the battery life like with screen on time. At the moment I have the z3 compact tablet which is incredible. Over 8 hours screen on time streaming easily.

Obviously I'm not expecting the tab s to be same but from your experiences with it...any feedback?

The z3 is awesome by the way. I'm just thinking perhaps something bigger in the long run.

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
Well the specs say 12 hours of video playback, but that depends of the screen brightness and how high the video resolution is as it`s harder to decode, also when using an oled display how bright the video you play affects the playback as well.

Also don't forget sound volume will affect playback time, so using headphones will extend playback time.

John.

Last edited:

imp3r10

May 14, 2012
I can just recommend to get rid of this bloated samsung rom at 1.4 gigs and install a ROM from the forum here. The Tab s 10.5 will perform even better, faster , no lag at all and the battery life is much better. If you have a samsung phone, then keeping the stock rom might be useful ( to sync stuff etc) , if not, then wipe it.
CyanogenMod 12.1 from nvertigo can be updated with nightlies and it won't disturb your apps and no need to reinstall a gapps after an update. There are many nice roms in here.

Late reply but what good base ROM would you recommend for best performance and battery life? The new CM13s or another AOSP rom? I don't really use any of the touchwiz features.

zigonneux

Oct 13, 2015
Quebec
Late reply but what good base ROM would you recommend for best performance and battery life? The new CM13s or another AOSP rom? I don't really use any of the touchwiz features.
it depend of if you want to use a MM6 Rom, then the only one that is fully ready is the [ROM][6.0.1] Android 6 - Marshmallow (August 5, 2016) [T700/T705/T800/T805] by Schischu.
I get a very good battery life with the MM6 by Schischu.. Battery life will depend of the settings, like no Wifi while the tablet is sleeping etc. I am waiting for the [ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL][WIP] ResurrectionRemix- SM-T800 to be ready , this is the one I want to use because of all the features, but it has still a few bugs to fix.
One 5.1.1 cyanogenmod Rom that is very well tested is the [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][LOLLIPOP]NVertigo/Cyanogenmod: cm-12.1 for SM-T800 16gb, I have use this one for quite a while before switching to MM6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67797383&postcount=2136
If you are not used to flashing a new rom, you might want to try the NVertigo/Cyanogenmod: cm-12.1 for SM-T800 16gb First....
CM13 is not ready for primetime just yet...
It is very hard to pick the "best one" because once they are ready , they are all good ,work well and have a good battery life if the settings are well done.

Last edited:

WreakHavoc

Feb 20, 2014
Hey Buddy !

tell me your advice ! It's a good choice in middle 2016 ? Or I'm totally crazy ? xD
It's for today , normally !
Thanks ;)
The tab s 10.5 is an AMAZING choice. Even going into 2017. Just bought mine and I have no regrets.
Glad you love it. The AMOLED display is absolutely a sight to behold! Watching 2K videos on YouTube is great too.

You made the right choice. You love movies and other media . So that was the only way to go.

Enjoy it and good luck!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
The Tab S1 is more like a Tab S1 Pro, compared to the Tab S2 that looses the "Infra Red Emitter, Led Flash, Lower Resolution, Vibration Motor, Smaller Battery"

And dont even get me started on the 4:3 aspect ratio, It will be interesting to if the Tab S3 is 4:3 or 16:9/10

And both speakers on one end. ????

John.

Last edited:

Diogenes5

May 2, 2012
Houston, TX
I got mine for $200 flat off ebay. It looked beat up on the sides and back in pictures, but the owner told me the screen was perfect with no dead pixels or tinting and that everything worked perfectly. He also told me that the battery had been cycled a lot of times, probably every day for over a year. It came with the bluetooth keyboard too which was dinged up as well in pictures. I normally want a mint condition unit but this was a few months back and the Tab S was no longer sold new at retail anymore. Most listing had some wear and tear. I decided to go for it because the price was so low.

I got it and the speaker was also dinged and the battery held like a 3-4 hour charge. I replaced the battery with one on ebay that cost $20. Taking the back off was relatively easy; it is just plastic and the Tab S is designed to be taken apart. The battery is back up to 8+ hours now. The screen is perfect and it is a great movie watcher/ereader. I normally get a nice protective case but those are so bulky so I just got the simple book cover. Having a tablet that's dinged up is kind of a revelation. I could just replace the back cover with one on ebay for $10 probably and basically have a refurbed model, but I don't have a case for it anyways so it would just get dinged up anyways. It's so much easier and lighter to use than if I got one of the bulky cases I usually get.

What an amazing tablet just from the screen alone. It's used for like 50% reading and 50% movie-watching. With a goose-neck mount on my bed, it's like I have one of those $5000 OLED tv's from LG. Yeah, it's not 4k but it's not like my eyes can tell anyways and the colors are actually better than on the LG (Samsung went all out and this tablet is more than 100% sRGB and AdobeRGB depending on picture setting).

The one poor thing is performance which isn't bad but not really smooth either. Installing MM now and hoping that makes things better. It helped a lot on my Note 4.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I got mine for $200 flat off ebay. It looked beat up on the sides and back in pictures, but the owner told me the screen was perfect with no dead pixels or tinting and that everything worked perfectly. He also told me that the battery had been cycled a lot of times, probably every day for over a year. It came with the bluetooth keyboard too which was dinged up as well in pictures. I normally want a mint condition unit but this was a few months back and the Tab S was no longer sold new at retail anymore. Most listing had some wear and tear. I decided to go for it because the price was so low.

I got it and the speaker was also dinged and the battery held like a 3-4 hour charge. I replaced the battery with one on ebay that cost $20. Taking the back off was relatively easy; it is just plastic and the Tab S is designed to be taken apart. The battery is back up to 8+ hours now. The screen is perfect and it is a great movie watcher/ereader. I normally get a nice protective case but those are so bulky so I just got the simple book cover. Having a tablet that's dinged up is kind of a revelation. I could just replace the back cover with one on ebay for $10 probably and basically have a refurbed model, but I don't have a case for it anyways so it would just get dinged up anyways. It's so much easier and lighter to use than if I got one of the bulky cases I usually get.

What an amazing tablet just from the screen alone. It's used for like 50% reading and 50% movie-watching. With a goose-neck mount on my bed, it's like I have one of those $5000 OLED tv's from LG. Yeah, it's not 4k but it's not like my eyes can tell anyways and the colors are actually better than on the LG (Samsung went all out and this tablet is more than 100% sRGB and AdobeRGB depending on picture setting).

The one poor thing is performance which isn't bad but not really smooth either. Installing MM now and hoping that makes things better. It helped a lot on my Note 4.
Purchased mine at Walmart on clearance. Unopened box $250 and it serves me well. Been using it at college, movies, browsing the web, some gaming (light games) and I've been fairly satisfied with the results.

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :D Just ordered a refurbished Tab S 10.5 tablet from Samsung, moving from a Sony Tablet Z first generation..
    It is still a great tablet but at the end of its life with Lolipop 5.1... And the Z4 is way too expensive...
    I was torn between the new Tab S2 9.7 or the 10.5, decided to go with the 10.5 since I watch lots of movies and Media and the loss of the widescreen format was a deal killer..
    Should receive it in a few days and will let you know my impressions...
    Just received it today and she is glorious, No blemishes whatsoever since she is a refurbished one..And the screen..What can I say but WOW!!!!
    Put it in a Beetle case which is basically a Otterbox but half the price...
    Downloading and installing all my apps and all my Vudu Movies now download in Glorious HDX for later playback, something that my Tablet Z would not do....
    I am very happy....
    I advise you too freeze apps rather than delete them, unless you are good at flashing the rom.

Using Sony PowerNap (can be found by searching the internet) i only use 1% battery in 24hours while in sleep mode, I have a wifi only, if you have a cell tablet you will loose more battery life while sleeping unless you use aeroplane mode.

A list of apps you an freeze, check the link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/help/debloating-t2805503

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-extreme-battery-life-t3095884

John.

Is there a list of apps we can freeze safely?
    Glad you love it. The AMOLED display is absolutely a sight to behold! Watching 2K videos on YouTube is great too.

You made the right choice. You love movies and other media . So that was the only way to go.

Enjoy it and good luck!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

:laugh: Put my tablet in a Beetle case along with a tempered glass screen protector due to a upcoming overseas trip and cruise for added protection. Removed the ugly built in screen protector on the beetle case due to an ugly rainbow effect ...
    With the tempered glass you would swear it had no installed protection at all...
    Love this tablet...

Read the manual when you get it, there are a 3 usb modes, and how fast you can charge depends on what mode you are in.

John.

I'll order two like you, it can still be used.

My MA is low I find... 1000 vs 1750 .. cable maybay.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone