New (tablet oriented) Launcher working fine on Streak

Search This thread

freco

May 17, 2007
Athens
I just tried this very promising Launcher and works fine on streak.
Maybe I found my beloved LauncherProPlus replacement. :D
Definetely worth a try.
Thanks and credits goes to @gojimi

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1017451

http://vegantab.gojimi.com/vt-labs/vtl-launcher

VTLLauncher5.png

itsjdmyo

May 18, 2006
wow, this is exactly what i wanted. a dock at the bottom and not on the side of the phone. nice find.

D

Deleted member 3105162

Does it have all the great options launcher pro has...like changing the number of columns and rows, transition effects, swipe an icon for different shortcut?

freco

May 17, 2007
Athens
Yes it does. Actually its Adw Launcher optimized for tablets.
Only thing I miss is launcher pro widgets. Otherwise it's perfect.

All4Sky

Mar 1, 2006
Finally a permanent dock on the bottom! Can you lock it in landscape mode? That is currently how I have my streak set. Thanks

mellojoe

Jul 10, 2009
Says you can lock in landscape mode. With a dock on the sides, right under your thumbs. I've been playing with it and it is nice. Looking forward to spending more time perfecting it, but it seems really good right now (stool in beta)

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

ramtix

Dec 2, 2010
Gladstone
Says application not installed for me.............what am I doing wrong?

Dude, clear your default launcher first from manage applications and try again.If still doesnt work,maybe you got too many launchers install. Delete the ones that you dont use, and try again.Also make sure that you tick install apps from unknown sources too on manage apps. Works for me.

mid_life_crisis

Mar 24, 2011
I've never "Sideloaded" an app before, but reading tells me I need a .apk file to do it. The link is to a .zip file that when extracted has no .apk in it. Should I rename the .zip to .apk?

mid_life_crisis

Mar 24, 2011
I keep getting a phone not found error.
The phone is set to USB Debugging enabled.
USB storage is disabled.
In My Computer I show a Removable Disk but when you click on it a message comes up saying to connect a device. I expect this though, because the card is not set to be used as external storage.
In Device Manager I have "Android Phone" with a subset "Android Composite ADB Interface". Odd thing here is that before Windows loaded drivers, it was calling it a Streak.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm using the "Sideload Wonder Machine".
Is there another easy way for a newb to load this package?

Edit: Correction: Is there any easy way for a newb to load this package?

Last edited:

ramtix

Dec 2, 2010
Gladstone
I keep getting a phone not found error.
The phone is set to USB Debugging enabled.
USB storage is disabled.
In My Computer I show a Removable Disk but when you click on it a message comes up saying to connect a device. I expect this though, because the card is not set to be used as external storage.
In Device Manager I have "Android Phone" with a subset "Android Composite ADB Interface". Odd thing here is that before Windows loaded drivers, it was calling it a Streak.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm using the "Sideload Wonder Machine".
Is there another easy way for a newb to load this package?

Edit: Correction: Is there any easy way for a newb to load this package?

Your doing way too complicated dude.On your streak browser just go this link
http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/Launcher_1_5.apk . It should download it as apk file, dont have to change anything. You should be able to install it from your file manager (Astro File manager recommended). Clear your default launcher if it fails to install.

goodluck

mid_life_crisis

Mar 24, 2011
Has anyone figured out how to do the custom function icons yet? I saw something about making things like an icon that dials a predetermined number for you. 90% of my calls are to my wife. Having an icon that calls her cell with one touch would be awesome.

Top Liked Posts