[new themes] stock jelly bean vanilla and kitkat themes (and more!)

Search This thread

Miniricho

Dec 21, 2012
The search bar is not part of any theme, it is part of the Google app. Or "velvet.apk" if you delete that, the search bar, aswell as voice search will also go. :)

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
The search bar is not part of any theme, it is part of the Google app. Or "velvet.apk" if you delete that, the search bar, aswell as voice search will also go. :)

Ok, I understand that, but the idea was not to delete the apk.

There are others launchers that have the option to remove the search bar and other it's a simple widget, my question was more in that way...

Unfortunately it's not a theme issue but a launcher one... only a moded launcher will solve that.

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
That's good to know but I have tried to uninstall it with no luck, can you recommend a tool that will delete a system .apk like that ??

Cheers, LL13-

You must be rooted and install a root explorer application, like ES EXPLORER, and delete the apk. Careful when you romove things from system/app directory! Do a nandroid backup first!

Miniricho

Dec 21, 2012
Or you could copy paste velvet.apk onto your SD card and then delete it. Instead of backing up, as I have deleted without a hassle. Works fine either way :)

Syhon

Jun 12, 2013
TOULOUSE
Hi,

I ve made 3 new themes, a port of the Bluematrix theme from Iphone, one made with Flow icons and a port of the Elite theme from Miui.

Attachments

• bluematrix.jpg
    bluematrix.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 13,283
  • BlueMatrix.apk
    6.5 MB · Views: 2,178
  • Elite.jpg
    Elite.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 12,987
  • Elite.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 2,052
  • flow.jpg
    flow.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 13,194
  • flow.apk
    6.4 MB · Views: 2,044

adwienc

Nov 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland
Hello to everybody!!!

Finally the mod is complete!!!

A true new vanilla (holo stock) style theme is ready and can be installed on our device like a simple application!!!
No root required, no change in system directory, no strange operation to do! just install the APK in attachment.

You will have a new theme in the list, it is similar to stock JB theme.

It is for Italian version (E975) but it should works on other versions too! (please send feedback about)

Enjoy!!!!! and hello to everybody!!!!

I will be happy to receive feedback.

P.S. I found that is possible to make and install how much theme we want on our phone! LG rules this time!

EDIT

in the second page you can found and download other 3 very nice themes created by Syhon! (iphone,xperia Z, sense 5)
thanks to Syhon
It would be awesome if You could change color of those tiles to black.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-05-19-47-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-05-19-47-00.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 3,251

antonio.talamo

Aug 1, 2011
Sure that is possible, in the first and old theme version i've done them, but now them are removed be me because just i've preferred to mantain same theme as stock lg app in the top. Now i'm in holiday ( xD ) without pc so I can't help you. But you can just open the apk with win zip and substitute the right pictures with the ones that you preferre.

Bye!

hemustbepandu

Feb 5, 2012
Jakarta
Yes you are right! mine is just an idea to implement. I will try to deodex the file, modify it and to make a copy as a new theme. If it will work, for sure a better theme can be done, But now I don't wont to spent time on one of the stock theme (as the mode work now), just becouse I dont wont to corrupt any file in system directory to avoid problem with future update

next week for sure I will have much time to implement it. If someone could help I will be very gratefull

Man, ive been searching for this. Can you please make the icons a bit hi res? They look kinda blurry even with qhd

antonio.talamo

Aug 1, 2011
hemustbepandun Man said:
Hello,
The post that you quoted is an old one. What you can download now is a brand new app created by me from zero with ADK.... About the icon they are taken from nexus4 and, installing the theme and comparing my phone with the n4, icons looks exactly the same (regarding the shape and the res).
Anyway now that new nexus 7 will became available (first full hd nexus), will be possible to use icons from it. I will test it in the next day (this is my last day in hollyday :( ) and if it looks really better I will post the new version. (but I think that none will change becouse our phone is hd and not fhd!)

ador_butch

Oct 11, 2011
Before instaled How i delete?

Enviado do meu LG-E977

If you want to remove the theme you installed, just go to
Apps > Settings > Apps > Slide to Downloaded
it usually starts with the words "Home theme"
Tap on the theme you want to delete > Uninstall

hope that helps

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ramonbn

ramonbn

Aug 20, 2013
If you want to remove the theme you installed, just go to
Apps > Settings > Apps > Slide to Downloaded
it usually starts with the words "Home theme"
Tap on the theme you want to delete > Uninstall

hope that helps

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man

Enviado do meu LG-E977

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to everybody!!!

Finally the mod is complete!!!

A true new vanilla (holo stock) style theme is ready and can be installed on our device like a simple application!!!
    No root required, no change in system directory, no strange operation to do! just install the APK in attachment.

You will have a new theme in the list, it is similar to stock JB theme.

It is for Italian version (E975) but it should works on other versions too! (please send feedback about)

Enjoy!!!!! and hello to everybody!!!!

I will be happy to receive feedback.

P.S. I found that is possible to make and install how much theme we want on our phone! LG rules this time!

EDIT

in the next pages you can found and download other very nice themes created by Syhon! (iphone,xperia Z, sense 5 and many more)
    thanks to Syhon

EDIT 2

in attachment kit kat theme by me!!! I hope you enjoy!
    kitkat theme

because after many downloads there are only 3 thanks I decided not to share more my theme and future updates .... here ends my contribution ...
    thanks to all ...

this is my kitkat theme
    more icons inside
    I share it with you all

UPDATE 20-11-2013
    a thanks is appreciated
    Hi,

I ve fixed the previous posted crystal2 theme (can be installed with the original vanilla theme).

On the same process, I ve made an "oldschool" ubuntu theme and a "newschool" IOS 7 theme.

note: some icons need to be added manually from the icon theme list.
    Hi,

I ve made a "windows 8" style theme and an alien theme (icons made by cybermessiah, thanks to him http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1116150) with a red variant.
    Hi,

I ve made 3 new themes. One inspired of KDE and 2 with white/grey icons.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone