New toy, Sony mdr-1rbt wireless headphones

Search This thread

SundayDuffer

Oct 11, 2009
Took 2 weeks to receive from Japan. Paid $300 shipped. Works flawless with the ultra, ipad mini and nano. Freaking awesome sound, nfc works great, phone bt is clear, battery lasts a long time, very comfortable, no fatique at all.

DSC_0037_zpsc8a0ee6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0038_zps05cdc0e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0039_zps3fd2a7b7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0040_zps418902cf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: Reb0rn

SundayDuffer

Oct 11, 2009
Last edited:

jinque

Mar 5, 2009
accessoryjack has the mk2 version for $320. shipping was $35 for EMS. got them 30 minutes ago.. prettymuch 2 day shipping from HK to Dallas

SundayDuffer

Oct 11, 2009
accessoryjack has the mk2 version for $320. shipping was $35 for EMS. got them 30 minutes ago.. prettymuch 2 day shipping from HK to Dallas

Accessoryjack has good prices, but no manufacturers warranty. For something cheap i wouldnt mind buying from them. Anyhow, congrats on your buy.

jinque

Mar 5, 2009
Accessoryjack has good prices, but no manufacturers warranty. For something cheap i wouldnt mind buying from them. Anyhow, congrats on your buy.

There is warranty, except I have to ship to acc. jack for them to process for me. Someone on head-fi said they covered his 11 month old headphones without issues, so I'm not really concerned. Doesn't really seem like much extra hassle vs me taking it up with Sony myself. And like you said, the Mk2 is $100-$150 more everywhere else, any warranty is probably an issue as well since it's all overseas sellers.

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
I don't personally have these headphones. They are nice to have but it's out of my budget right now. I also don't see myself using this while commuting.

ಠ_ಠ
On mobile....

ravdo

Mar 22, 2013
Got mine 10 days ago for about $299 from a local store. Very happy with the wireless and sound quality. And it's so comfortable :good:
I use it on Xperia Z ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0290_zpsaf4310bb.jpg
    DSC_0290_zpsaf4310bb.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 286
  • 1RBT.jpg
    1RBT.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 256

ricosuave55

Oct 9, 2007
San Fran
Got mine 10 days ago for about $299 from a local store. Very happy with the wireless and sound quality. And it's so comfortable :good:
I use it on Xperia Z ;)

After a ton of research, I was pretty set on getting the MDR-1RBTs and planned on buying them at the duty free shop in Hong Kong. Right next to the 1RBTs were the 1RBT MK2 model so although not quite sure what the differences were, went with the MK2 b/c it had a shiny sticker that said HD Audio (what is that?).

Anyhoo, the price for the 1st gen at duty free was $2399 HKD ($310 USD) and the MK2s were listed at $3099 ($400 USD). Bargained them down to about $2800 HKD ($360 USD) right before hopping on my plane. Had a chance to listen to it while on the plane and am VERY impressed so far.

I was hemming and hawing over the noise canceling version but opted for wireless instead. These do a great job of blocking out ambient noise and minimizing plane noise. So far they are quite light and comfortable and the BT works like a charm. I had them on while making a quick pitstop to the restroom which was about 30 ft away and the signal was not compromised at all using my Galaxy Note 2.

Get these bad boys!

AntiLazarus

Jul 7, 2010
Are you guys who have these mainly using these at home, or do you take them with you while commuting to work, in public, etc.? I've been interested in these lately, and before I decide to drop the money on them, I just wonder how much use I would get out of them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

ricosuave55

Oct 9, 2007
San Fran
Are you guys who have these mainly using these at home, or do you take them with you while commuting to work, in public, etc.? I've been interested in these lately, and before I decide to drop the money on them, I just wonder how much use I would get out of them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I have a really short 10 minute commute by subway so I use them maybe half the time during my commute. If it were any longer 15+ minutes, I'd probably use them all the time.

I ALWAYS use these headphones when I fly and I fly ALL the time for work. They help keep out the ambient plane noise and nobody is the wiser when you use them throughout the flight via bluetooth.

corrado85

Feb 2, 2008
I have a really short 10 minute commute by subway so I use them maybe half the time during my commute. If it were any longer 15+ minutes, I'd probably use them all the time.

I ALWAYS use these headphones when I fly and I fly ALL the time for work. They help keep out the ambient plane noise and nobody is the wiser when you use them throughout the flight via bluetooth.

it seems like no matter which premium headphone we select, we are limited to the DSP of the Ultra- meaning the sound quality will remain low/subpar no matter which headsphones they might be- wireless or wired.

I am really disapointed by weak DSP on our ultras :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Took 2 weeks to receive from Japan. Paid $300 shipped. Works flawless with the ultra, ipad mini and nano. Freaking awesome sound, nfc works great, phone bt is clear, battery lasts a long time, very comfortable, no fatique at all.

DSC_0037_zpsc8a0ee6c.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0038_zps05cdc0e0.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0039_zps3fd2a7b7.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0040_zps418902cf.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    My Sony MDR 1RBTMK2 arrived yesterday from AccessoryJack..I am in the USA, they cost me $309, plus $25 for shipping, 9 days shipping time to my doorstep. My two devices that I use, have aptx, my Note 3, and my Note 2014.. To sum up how the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2s sound, just want to say that I have a locked grin on my face from yesterday, looks like it is going to be on there all week. :cowboy: