New TS10 UIS7862 6gb ram 128gb head unit q&a's

Search This thread

sciux

Jul 25, 2011
So I bit the bullet and bought myself this head unit:
Ad stated that unit is 4gb ts8, but unit shipped and arrived is 6gb TS10.
Plugged everything up unit works nice and smooth as expected, but one seriously annoying bug.
Phone connected to HU and when I try to make a phone call I can hear receiver speaking, but they can't hear me.
Head unit does have internal mic. And Mike does work with other apps
I've checked permissions and Bluetooth app does not even request mic permission.
Any ideas? Suggestions? Anyone else got similar issues?
Maybe custom ROMs available etc?
I've managed to enable USB debugging, got passwords for engineering mode, extra settings etc...
Pics of my headunit attached

Attachments

• 20210202_164616.jpg
    20210202_164616.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 196
  • 20210202_164554.jpg
    20210202_164554.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195

coombsee

Dec 28, 2017
So I bit the bullet and bought myself this head unit:
Ad stated that unit is 4gb ts8, but unit shipped and arrived is 6gb TS10.
Plugged everything up unit works nice and smooth as expected, but one seriously annoying bug.
Phone connected to HU and when I try to make a phone call I can hear receiver speaking, but they can't hear me.
Head unit does have internal mic. And Mike does work with other apps
I've checked permissions and Bluetooth app does not even request mic permission.
Any ideas? Suggestions? Anyone else got similar issues?
Maybe custom ROMs available etc?
I've managed to enable USB debugging, got passwords for engineering mode, extra settings etc...
Pics of my headunit attached

Hi there, did you have any luck with this? I've just received the same head unit and found the same problem. I've had a quick troubleshoot but haven't had any success so far. Thanks

sciux

Jul 25, 2011
Hi there, did you have any luck with this? I've just received the same head unit and found the same problem. I've had a quick troubleshoot but haven't had any success so far. Thanks

I did actually managed to sort it out. Store suggested connecting external mic to 3.5mm plug on the harness that came with head unit. Did that, but nothing changed.
Can't remember exactly what I did, but it's something down the lines of Google Voice setting that it's setup to constantly listen for "hey Google" you have to disable that and than "hey Google" function will only work when you in the maps etc not constantly whilst head unit is on.

If you can't find that setting let me know I'll find it and explain in detail how to do that.
If you have the same issue as me I'm positive that this might be the cause

coombsee

Dec 28, 2017
I did actually managed to sort it out. Store suggested connecting external mic to 3.5mm plug on the harness that came with head unit. Did that, but nothing changed.
Can't remember exactly what I did, but it's something down the lines of Google Voice setting that it's setup to constantly listen for "hey Google" you have to disable that and than "hey Google" function will only work when you in the maps etc not constantly whilst head unit is on.

If you can't find that setting let me know I'll find it and explain in detail how to do that.
If you have the same issue as me I'm positive that this might be the cause
That was 100% it. Turned the 'Hey Google' activation off and problem solved. Thanks!

sciux

Jul 25, 2011
Glad I could help. I remember being frustrated fumming looking for answers for almost a week... With seller being let's say close to useless :) they did try...
I came across answer online somewhere where same issue was happening with a phone not headunit so thought worth a try and it worked :)

Anyway, good luck

Reactions: coombsee

sciux

Jul 25, 2011
Go to applications/car settings/ click on the left button ---more/ Google services and preferences/ click on account services/ search, assistant & voice/ voice/ voice match.
First line should say hey Google access your assistant any time you say "hey Google" when your screen is on. Turn this off.
This worked for me. I'll make a short video just in case

Reactions: ludditefornow

sciux

Jul 25, 2011
I did try to be helpful, because I know how frustrated I was being unable to make a phone call or rather switch to hands free mode on the phone every time there was a call. And it really bugged me. It was obvious that it was software not hardware issue since mic worked everywhere else.
Seller couldn't explain anything either and I ended up ripping my brand new cars dashboard 4 times trying to work it out... So I kind of understand and if it helps somebody else I'm more than pleased with taking 10minutes of my time to do so :).
Good day sir ☺️

rnakpatel

Jan 3, 2011
A generic firmware update for TS10 deviced. (link expires in a week - probably worth somebody reuploading)

Place the file in the root of a USB and hit the system upgrade button in the settings.
After the update, go to settings - car settings - extra setting - 123456 - config info - choose the options that were ticked prior to the update (BC6 for me)

The update file is titled: TS10.1.2_20210106.173438_THEME1.zip
Presumably from 6th Jan 2021

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Place the file in the root of a USB and hit the system upgrade button in the settings.
After the update, go to settings - car settings - extra setting - 123456 - config info - choose the options that were ticked prior to the update (BC6 for me)
Do you have any screen shots of the UI and the specs with this ROM?

Is it only suitablefor 6gb / 128 gb models or will the 4gb/64gb models also accept this?

Last edited:

vista2611

Apr 25, 2019
A generic firmware update for TS10 deviced. (link expires in a week - probably worth somebody reuploading)

Screenshot_20210302-092327.png
Screenshot_20210302-092335.png
Screenshot_20210302-092353.png

hi rnakpatel , that is my HU detail. can i use firmware that u post for update?

rnakpatel

Jan 3, 2011
Do you have any screen shots of the UI and the specs with this ROM?

Is it only suitablefor 6gb / 128 gb models or will the 4gb/64gb models also accept this?

I can't tell you with confidence what units are compatible. I do note it has settings for screen resolution - this is on my 720p device. I also note I needed to adjust the config info setting to match what my stereo comes with after flashing. The canbus receivers are set up using a database queried online and car specific apps and logos are automatically added.

The update is excellent - everything works very well. Head unit reloaded works with wireless android auto and wired (though a little buggy wirrless)
This

Attachments

• 20210302_221420.jpg
    20210302_221420.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 68
  • 20210302_214644.jpg
    20210302_214644.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • 20210302_221309.jpg
    20210302_221309.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 20210302_221420.jpg
    20210302_221420.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 59
  • 20210302_221437.jpg
    20210302_221437.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 83

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Thanks for this. It is useful.

A couple of questions.
1. Can you run that config again if something is incorrect? If so what is the name of the APK? Or do you need to load the whole ROM again to get to that stage?

2. There is BC6,7,and 8. Do you know what specs they refer to?

3. 20210302_221437.jpg shows a mic gain. Could you please advise on the setting path you used to get to that setting page.

Thanks again.

rnakpatel

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks for this. It is useful.

A couple of questions.
1. Can you run that config again if something is incorrect? If so what is the name of the APK? Or do you need to load the whole ROM again to get to that stage?

2. There is BC6,7,and 8. Do you know what specs they refer to?

3. 20210302_221437.jpg shows a mic gain. Could you please advise on the setting path you used to get to that setting page.

Thanks again.

Can you access the extra settings menu on your current firmware (password 123456)
I would copy the settings for BC6/7/8 from there.
You can update the config as often as you like. This sounds like a risky update, probably not worth attempting if you don't currently have similar software with similar settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Glad I could help. I remember being frustrated fumming looking for answers for almost a week... With seller being let's say close to useless :) they did try...
    I came across answer online somewhere where same issue was happening with a phone not headunit so thought worth a try and it worked :)

Anyway, good luck
    Go to applications/car settings/ click on the left button ---more/ Google services and preferences/ click on account services/ search, assistant & voice/ voice/ voice match.
    First line should say hey Google access your assistant any time you say "hey Google" when your screen is on. Turn this off.
    This worked for me. I'll make a short video just in case
    Could you please give a screenshot of the setting you changed or at least where in the settings the function is.

As promised, sorry video seems a bit blurry phone failing to focus :)
    I did try to be helpful, because I know how frustrated I was being unable to make a phone call or rather switch to hands free mode on the phone every time there was a call. And it really bugged me. It was obvious that it was software not hardware issue since mic worked everywhere else.
    Seller couldn't explain anything either and I ended up ripping my brand new cars dashboard 4 times trying to work it out... So I kind of understand and if it helps somebody else I'm more than pleased with taking 10minutes of my time to do so :).
    Good day sir ☺️
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone