New TS10 UIS7862 6gb ram 128gb head unit q&a's

Search This thread

hakim_radzuan

Nov 29, 2022
Hi, i just update my ts10 player using OTA. But after upgrade, i found out that left screen is going inwards. Like it going very close to the border. Right screen looks normal.

Let say i open spotify app, the left icon not fully appear. Any setting that i need to change?

Thanks

670710DF-4B71-46B8-B623-0E196B0A2BE0.jpeg

CorvetteCole

Mar 12, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi, i just update my ts10 player using OTA. But after upgrade, i found out that left screen is going inwards. Like it going very close to the border. Right screen looks normal.

Let say i open spotify app, the left icon not fully appear. Any setting that i need to change?

Thanks

View attachment 5773151
I have this same problem. I actually thought my screen was misaligned so I took it apart to attempt to fix it. Anyways, I found out the assembly process is self-aligning and broke the LCD in the process. I'll be getting a replacement display soon! I hope this can be fixed soon, it is very annoying. Don't know where to "report" bugs like this to

Last edited:

CorvetteCole

Mar 12, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
More info from people who work very closely with the hardware & software:

"Since this is a relatively cheap TN screen, the display is a certain distance from the touch screen and the tempered glass on the surface, and different factories have yield issues with their level of craftsmanship. The new 2K screen is a unibody, fully laminated process that does not get into the dust, has a larger viewing angle, and still shows very nice colors on the side at large angles"

It appears they sell a replacement 2k screen here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804771584461.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Considering picking one up for myself, not sure if anybody here has played with one yet

Reactions: timido64

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012

"Since this is a relatively cheap TN screen, the display is a certain distance from the touch screen and the tempered glass on the surface, and different factories have yield issues with their level of craftsmanship. The new 2K screen is a unibody, fully laminated process that does not get into the dust, has a larger viewing angle, and still shows very nice colors on the side at large angles"

It appears they sell a replacement 2k screen here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804771584461.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Considering picking one up for myself, not sure if anybody here has played with one yet
I have this model - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...order_list.order_list_main.153.150318023OTaTY
I am not sure if this screen fits and if I am able to replace it by myself only ...

CorvetteCole

Mar 12, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Reactions: Drahy and timido64

Pacjonek

Mar 24, 2010
Kraków

I also have a JMCQ T10, and the recommended screen should fit apparently. You will need to contact the screen seller as well, they will provide re-configuration software to make it work properly.
Where are the buttons? I don't see it

grgart

Dec 9, 2008
Hello,
A few times (maybe once in 2 months) my T10 unit does not power up, just a black screen and in those cases, I need to turn off the car and wait for 15+ min and it powers up without issues.
I didn't try the RESET button since I'm not sure what happens when the reset button is pressed, does this reset device to factory settings or it only reboots the system?
Thank you.

alan_garnica

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
A few times (maybe once in 2 months) my T10 unit does not power up, just a black screen and in those cases, I need to turn off the car and wait for 15+ min and it powers up without issues.
I didn't try the RESET button since I'm not sure what happens when the reset button is pressed, does this reset device to factory settings or it only reboots the system?
Thank you.
only reboots

Reactions: grgart

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012
I also have a JMCQ T10, and the recommended screen should fit apparently. You will need to contact the screen seller as well, they will provide re-configuration software to make it work properly.
And do I need more tools than a screwdriver to replace the screen? I dont own any Soldering iron tools etc ...

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012
No you do not need any other tools. Take a look at this video:

You can contact https://t.me/dofunapp if you have any questions too, he is very helpful
Wow Thank you seems simple enough ... I will try to see if my frame would need to be adjusted ... and the calibration tool is needed only once right? After I upgrade the Windows theme it will remember the resolution from the first calibration, right?

Thank you I will give it a try ... Does this screen has some basic protection at least? I remember the original JMCQ T10 had nothing like "anti-scratch" film or anything just my nail could do a damage there without any screen protector film being put on the display ...

CorvetteCole

Mar 12, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Wow Thank you seems simple enough ... I will try to see if my frame would need to be adjusted ... and the calibration tool is needed only once right? After I upgrade the Windows theme it will remember the resolution from the first calibration, right?

Thank you I will give it a try ... Does this screen has some basic protection at least? I remember the original JMCQ T10 had nothing like "anti-scratch" film or anything just my nail could do a damage there without any screen protector film being put on the display ...
I have no idea on the protection thing. It is a glass display though so your nail should be unable to damage it. Would be interesting to find out!

CorvetteCole

Mar 12, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Don't you have a girlfriend or wife who sits next to you and wants to be able to mute the radio when she starts to talk? 😂

She has never had to! I turn the music down when she talks lol. It would be nice to have volume buttons in theory, but I don't think I have ever had the volume dial from my car's previous radio used. So for me, does not matter. Maybe can install an app to put a volume adjust overlay or something though? That would be pretty easy to code

Top Liked Posts

But it's not firmware for 360.
    Maybe I don't understand why I use google translate. :cry:
    Yes, maybe because the firmware is not specific for 360 built-in. I'm still waiting for the driving os version. But in here that no one has reviewed the trial version yet.
    So.... IT WORKS! ! ! ! Do you understand it or not :) it just works, it came to life! ! !
    You are great, thank you so much for your time, patience and help, really big thanks guys, huge respect for you.

it works, it works, it works :)
    IMG_20230124_152939.jpg
    IMG_20230124_152935.jpg
    Good morning,

I don't know what improvements they have included exactly but I read one thing on social networks... it seems that the new firmware introduced from November 2022 (from now on) the android car radio will receive updates via "FOTA". A big step forward for these TS10 models and I believe for the TS18 cousins.
    TS10.1.2_20220915.141042_WINDOW-THEME1
    hi guys, is there a newer version than this?
    Hi friends,

Yes TS10.1.2_20221118.190910_WINDOW-THEME1

If everything works, for those who want to update the firmware without formatting/losing settings and APKs, I have personally found and tried this solution. Unpack the .zip file and put only 4 files in the USB... see attached picture.

Of course if the android car radio has no problems, otherwise I think you have to start from scratch and reset from factory by putting all the files.

Edit:
    Thanks to @mohamed taher elbstani https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...am-128gb-head-unit-q-as.4227947/post-87847195
    Nope. 2016 Dodge Durango Limited.
    Because I know that VW cars need a 'Phantomeinspeiseadapter' (don't know how it's called in EN) which powers the antenna via the antenna wire. Maybe you CAN ask Google if Dodge uses the same technology here.
    I have made a discovery. My head unit was set to bc6 for the Bluetooth module. I have no idea what it was originally set to because I had to flash firmware to it to get it to work when I first got it. It had terrible audio compression issues. I just switched it to BC8 figuring heck it won't break anything. I'm so glad I did there was an immediate Improvement. I suspect that bc8 head units can work in BC6 mode however it's in a degraded fashion. Also now there's an option to update the Bluetooth APK. Does anybody have one that's better?
    For everyone whos struggles with autostart/autorun an app and still cant decide which launcher to take. Here is a manual how to autostart any app.

EDDC682F-E540-41E0-95EC-8DAC62DE638E.jpeg
    ED1006BA-71C0-46FA-8C4F-49EC32203DE2.jpeg
    BFED7DA0-61DB-4509-9A39-6CD7B354E7EE.jpeg
    D4EF7BB1-528A-41C4-92DD-C25315620876.jpeg
    D2C8BC04-60C2-406F-BD5D-706D6070AF70.jpeg
    99FEF972-0D91-40D1-8F7A-6B05BDB12092.jpeg
    1671DCCC-0956-4CE3-9C93-05D63A37D061.jpeg
    87a56237-94c2-4e0f-a2a6-8e36ecbe6019-jpeg.5652983
    From here: Topway TS10 firmware

password: TopwayTS10
    New firmware is now released for the 1.2 WINDOW-THEME1 version - TS10.1.2_20220721.111654_WINDOW-THEME1 in this release have they now put back the FOTA that was removed in earlier versions.

Download link:

I spent this weekend digging deep into my headunit both looking at the hardware which made me think that if the Chinese manufacturers would put as much effort as they do in faking the hardware/software (Android version) and trying to block all software that will show that its not a Android 11 or 12 unit so could this unit be a great one.

On the software side is the BIG problem that we have a firmware which is made for the chinese market and after that been remade again and again until its so messed up so you have to spend several months trying to find what you looking for and its filled of pincodes to enter settings. They messed up the basic settings for example autostart that will not work or the inbuilt microphone and Google Assistant because the Google settings is crippled. I really wish there will come a CLEAN version of the firmware which is like a Google Pixel phone without all the crap.

The same with the preinstalled Theme app where that one now lately is called ilauncher http://ilauncher.net/ and you still need to pay for the extra themes (well if you have the Chinese version so are there free themes monthly but not otherwise) and where most people have no idea that if you upgrade it correctly will you have support now for Spotify where the songs and album cover will show up nicely in the stock theme.

But there is still no support for the stock theme to use and show song names and covers for example Rocket Music player, PowerAmp, Musicolet, AIMP or Jet Audio Player instead do we need to use the inbuilt music/videoplayer that has a UI that makes me believe im back in the 80s again and just want to make me cry.....
    Could you please give a screenshot of the setting you changed or at least where in the settings the function is.

As promised, sorry video seems a bit blurry phone failing to focus :)
    TS10.1.2_20220519.171713_WINDOW-THEME1
    TS10.1.1_20220426.144752_THEME1-360
    TS10.1.2_20220507.095321_THEME1
    TS10.2.2_20220517.180646_THEME1