New TS10 UIS7862 6gb ram 128gb head unit q&a's

Search This thread

mariodantas

• Sep 7, 2015
    Essonne, France
    Hey fellows, I did a factory reset of my TS10 unit and lots all pre-installed APKs (GPS TEst Pro, Ambient Light, Color for hardware touch buttons and others...) Is it possible for anyone here to export that APKs from theire TS10 unit and share with me ?, I explain, I bought the unit from OWNICE, and now, they tell me that these apps were an option and I must pay it, they are crazy if they think that I'll pay TWICE, what I already paied when bought the HU

Please need your help

gottahavit

Nov 10, 2009
    Hey fellows, I did a factory reset of my TS10 unit and lots all pre-installed APKs (GPS TEst Pro, Ambient Light, Color for hardware touch buttons and others...) Is it possible for anyone here to export that APKs from theire TS10 unit and share with me ?, I explain, I bought the unit from OWNICE, and now, they tell me that these apps were an option and I must pay it, they are crazy if they think that I'll pay TWICE, what I already paied when bought the HU

Please need your help
    Wow that's just unacceptable, I have a different unit, and pretty sure I've already checked that none of the default APKs can be uninstalled but I guess I'll have to do full export this weekend just in case. I had this a couple times on phone purchases((pre-order and comes with some game, but if you factory reset you lose game).

Reactions: mariodantas

mariodantas

• Sep 7, 2015
    Essonne, France
    Wow that's just unacceptable, I have a different unit, and pretty sure I've already checked that none of the default APKs can be uninstalled but I guess I'll have to do full export this weekend just in case. I had this a couple times on phone purchases((pre-order and comes with some game, but if you factory reset you lose game).
    Yes they are just CRAZY, I will not pay AGAIN what I payed before, but is very hard to talk with chinese, even I sent a photo with the ambient light working in my car (with the hardware that they sold to me) and even like that they don't send me the application, can you believe that ?

sciux

Jul 25, 2011
    Yes they are just CRAZY, I will not pay AGAIN what I payed before, but is very hard to talk with chinese, even I sent a photo with the ambient light working in my car (with the hardware that they sold to me) and even like that they don't send me the application, can you believe that ?
    My HU is not ownice therefore I can't guarantee that apps will work on your HU, but I will try to extract them for you and let you try...

• Love

sciux

Jul 25, 2011
    A thausand times THANK YOU fellow

I have extracted some of the apks, see if they work for you. I have a feeling they might not work since my headunit is not ownice...
    Again it's your call if you want to try them or not...
    Also list of apks on my device is rather long, so if you let me know exactly what you need I'll see if I got them

• Love

mariodantas

• Sep 7, 2015
    Essonne, France

I have extracted some of the apks, see if they work for you. I have a feeling they might not work since my headunit is not ownice...
    Again it's your call if you want to try them or not...
    Also list of apks on my device is rather long, so if you let me know exactly what you need I'll see if I got them
    Yes some of them are the same as I had before the reset to factory settings

THANK YOU for the time you spent with me fellow, (if you can continue uploading some apks maybe I'll find my happiness in your GDrive

Thanks again fellow

kingb1988

Apr 11, 2013
    Yes some of them are the same as I had before the reset to factory settings

THANK YOU for the time you spent with me fellow, (if you can continue uploading some apks maybe I'll find my happiness in your GDrive

Thanks again fellow
    What apps u require exactly. I will try to get the out of my K7 HU. Also were you able to set the 360 view correctly?!
    Unfortunately there is no enough info on how to do it correctly.

• Love

mariodantas

• Sep 7, 2015
    Essonne, France
    What apps u require exactly. I will try to get the out of my K7 HU. Also were you able to set the 360 view correctly?!
    Unfortunately there is no enough info on how to do it correctly.
    Hi fellow, for the 360 I haven't install the cameras yet, will do in a few weeks (too cold outside) but In fact we have all a lack of instructions abouts "how to" for the chinese products

All I need is the ambient light app (the one that changes the leds strips colors like in photo

al.jpg

Thanks in advance fellow

mariodantas

• Sep 7, 2015
    Essonne, France
    Hi fellow, for the 360 I haven't install the cameras yet, will do in a few weeks (too cold outside) but In fact we have all a lack of instructions abouts "how to" for the chinese products

All I need is the ambient light app (the one that changes the leds strips colors like in photo

View attachment 5288649

Thanks in advance fellow
    Foud a backup that I made the day I received the unit so I find the Ambient light in that backup, thanks anyway fellow

Will keep you in touch when installing my 360cam and how to configure it (will ask instructions to that chinese people as the app has pin codes to calibrate the cams and for other stuff

kingb1988

Apr 11, 2013

View attachment 5288649

Thanks in advance fellow
    Here you go

• Love

nigella87

Jul 16, 2018
    Could the OWNICE K7 be possible root?
    It would be great if someone would do it... I am pathetic because I have no knowledge of software and I have no choice but to lean on it.

2tone2gtsi

May 15, 2021
    ALL -

Does anybody know if I can take this unit that runs this OS being discussed, and downgrade to Android 6.0?

I want to run Android 6.0 on my 6gb 128gb setup to gain ability to run older software (no longer in development)

MUT v2 for torque pro does not seem to work on newer android, and units that shipped with android 6 have very bad hardware (although they are still available for sale).

I would love to downgrade and run the stuff I need on this better hardware unit.

Anybody?

sciux

Jul 25, 2011
    ALL -

Does anybody know if I can take this unit that runs this OS being discussed, and downgrade to Android 6.0?

I want to run Android 6.0 on my 6gb 128gb setup to gain ability to run older software (no longer in development)

MUT v2 for torque pro does not seem to work on newer android, and units that shipped with android 6 have very bad hardware (although they are still available for sale).

I would love to downgrade and run the stuff I need on this better hardware unit.

Anybody?
    I doubt it very much since this headunit originally came out with android10 therefore I don't believe you'll find android 6 ROM that could possibly be used on this headunit.
    Unless you are skilled enough to pull android6 ROM from another device and modify it to such extent that it would work on your device.

2tone2gtsi

May 15, 2021
    I doubt it very much since this headunit originally came out with android10 therefore I don't believe you'll find android 6 ROM that could possibly be used on this headunit.
    Unless you are skilled enough to pull android6 ROM from another device and modify it to such extent that it would work on your device.
    yes, it seems that would be quite challenging. I suppose most of the newer hardware wouldn't be supported by the older OS. The seller said I would loose steering wheel controls, but I have work arounds for reprogramming it, and I have seen android 6.0 car headunits that had software for SWC.

I probably am nowhere near capable of doing this without serious help and time devoted to learning and troubleshooting. It might just be best to use the older hardware.

I just want an old plugin for torque to work! bummer!!!

sciux

Jul 25, 2011
    yes, it seems that would be quite challenging. I suppose most of the newer hardware wouldn't be supported by the older OS. The seller said I would loose steering wheel controls, but I have work arounds for reprogramming it, and I have seen android 6.0 car headunits that had software for SWC.

I probably am nowhere near capable of doing this without serious help and time devoted to learning and troubleshooting. It might just be best to use the older hardware.

I just want an old plugin for torque to work! bummer!!!
    I know the feeling, I think it would be much more sensible to maybe try to find Devs for that plugin and suggest to them to maybe release update or something for it to work with newer android os instead of trying to roll back to older hardware...
    I'm sure Devs are busy people and don't like making something for niche individual purpose since that wouldn't being any customers, but if it's a general upgrade to fit android 10+ that might potentially introduce new customers etc...
    I have done exactly that with few programs that didn't run on my headunit, but after contacting developer directly he actually made it work for my head unit and added ts10 as supported device on his software on play store...
    Worth a shot I guess

2tone2gtsi

May 15, 2021
    I know the feeling, I think it would be much more sensible to maybe try to find Devs for that plugin and suggest to them to maybe release update or something for it to work with newer android os instead of trying to roll back to older hardware...
    I'm sure Devs are busy people and don't like making something for niche individual purpose since that wouldn't being any customers, but if it's a general upgrade to fit android 10+ that might potentially introduce new customers etc...
    I have done exactly that with few programs that didn't run on my headunit, but after contacting developer directly he actually made it work for my head unit and added ts10 as supported device on his software on play store...
    Worth a shot I guess
    True that! I did reach out to him a couple days ago. The last time I saw him active under a known account was 2016. I would pay for his time if it was something reasonable to do, but who knows if it is or not... I imagine you cant reverse engineer an app from an apk file and make changes to the app in such a manner??

I would pay someone to do that too, since the project has been abandoned for 5 years, I don think its morally questionable to "modify" his code - but again, this probably isnt a thing, right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Friend, how did you make wireless android auto work with this unit? Please please explain!! thank you sincerely!
      You need to have an Android 11 device. It works flawlessly using latest Headunit Reloaded RC version and my Essential Phone.
      A generic firmware update for TS10 deviced. (link expires in a week - probably worth somebody reuploading)

Place the file in the root of a USB and hit the system upgrade button in the settings.
      After the update, go to settings - car settings - extra setting - 123456 - config info - choose the options that were ticked prior to the update (BC6 for me)

The update file is titled: TS10.1.2_20210106.173438_THEME1.zip
      Presumably from 6th Jan 2021
      Go to applications/car settings/ click on the left button ---more/ Google services and preferences/ click on account services/ search, assistant & voice/ voice/ voice match.
      First line should say hey Google access your assistant any time you say "hey Google" when your screen is on. Turn this off.
      This worked for me. I'll make a short video just in case
      Could you please give a screenshot of the setting you changed or at least where in the settings the function is.

As promised, sorry video seems a bit blurry phone failing to focus :)
      Do you have any screen shots of the UI and the specs with this ROM?

Is it only suitablefor 6gb / 128 gb models or will the 4gb/64gb models also accept this?

I can't tell you with confidence what units are compatible. I do note it has settings for screen resolution - this is on my 720p device. I also note I needed to adjust the config info setting to match what my stereo comes with after flashing. The canbus receivers are set up using a database queried online and car specific apps and logos are automatically added.

The update is excellent - everything works very well. Head unit reloaded works with wireless android auto and wired (though a little buggy wirrless)
      This
      Glad I could help. I remember being frustrated fumming looking for answers for almost a week... With seller being let's say close to useless :) they did try...
      I came across answer online somewhere where same issue was happening with a phone not headunit so thought worth a try and it worked :)

Anyway, good luck
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone