New TS10 UIS7862 6gb ram 128gb head unit q&a's

Search This thread

CyberSwede

Jan 10, 2022
Hey I am also struggling with the mic being too low issue. I have maybe a solution but need to test it when I have some time.
There is this ts10 toolkit script which let's you extract the firmware content and patch it. I plan to edit the build.prop using some settings posted in another thread of fyt units. Will report once it is done
The biggest problem for our headunits using Google Assistant is not low mic volume. I thought my inbuilt mic was broken first, but after trying several different firmwares and TLINK versions so have i come to the conclusion that the biggest problem is not the microphone or volume settings its instead that the stock radio app, navigaton and so on interfere with Google Assistant - when i disable the RADIO (under factory settings) and dont play any music so does voice commands works perfect even at normal speech with Google Assistant.

It seems the Chinese manufacturers put most effort in making their own versions of Google Assistant "copies" to works on TS10 head units and left the orginal crippled and unusable. Thats why the stock theme not even have a Google Assistant dedicated button yet (which hopefully comes soon, and a easy way to change the stock theme blue boring background!). The best we can do at the moment when using TLINK is to open BLUETOOTH (the Phonecall app - see picture below)

phonecall app.jpg

And set Microphone gain to max but like i wrote before in this text will that not help because other software will interfere and make Google assistant unresponsive and "deaf" even if you scream your lungs out into the microphone.

Last edited:

Sarsbucket

May 18, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
The problem with the themes is that all manufacturers of TS10 have their own mix of preinstalled stock themes that differs. The theme you show a picture of (seems to be MEKEDE) is not standard for mine (see picture below of my units stock theme). View attachment 5679973
I wish there was a way to generate a code for the Theme app so we could at least change themes without having to pay extra.

Reactions: CyberSwede

Sarsbucket

May 18, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hey do you know if there are any themes for these head units?
Just what's in the Theme app as far as I know. There may be other themes on the unit, but they are disabled. If you are going to spend money on themes, buy a license and not individual themes. Look on Aliexpress for someone selling them. I have not been able to find a code generator so far and doubt its possible.

saleef

Aug 7, 2022
I noticed it is possible to mark the "recorder" option in the config. Does anyone know if it's possible to use the radio as DVR and use the front camera I have connected? And if so, what needs to be done?
I was able to use splt window as my realtime DVR window on 20211021 WINDOW-THEME1, But new update spoiled that function, its showing a tinted screen when i use my DVR app.

the old version works as shown below attached,
20210228_131817.jpg

AFTER NEW UPDATE, shown bleow (i already tried with 'Recorder' asigned with DVR app, but it doesn't show at split window)
if you solve the issue please share here,

20210819_203513.jpg

saleef

Aug 7, 2022
THIS IS A BUG! that started after the latest firmware update - as always when new updates comes so will some things be great and some will be worse than ever.
I got solved the problem, i used different USB drive with 16GB Memory capacity, (prevoiusly used 64GB memmory USB drive).

but now my split window can't use DVR app now, previuos vesion (TS10.1.2_20210121.181748_WINDOW-THEME1) work fine as shown below,

After New firmwere update (TS10.1.2_20220721.111654_WINDOW-THEME1) split window shown as tinted theme skin on split window as shown below, (G Map working fine).
20210819_203513.jpg

Is there any solution to use Split window as DVR realtime screen?

Reactions: esrarieses

saleef

Aug 7, 2022
The problem with the themes is that all manufacturers of TS10 have their own mix of preinstalled stock themes that differs. The theme you show a picture of (seems to be MEKEDE) is not standard for mine (see picture below of my units stock theme). View attachment 5679973
Now JUSTNAVI store advertising all their TS10 model with below shown UI (5 split screen widget) , prevoisly it was 3 split screen widget (UI as you attached). I'm wondering if it is a new theme or new firmwere update?

1659945709913.png

CyberSwede

Jan 10, 2022
Now JUSTNAVI store advertising all their TS10 model with below shown UI (5 split screen widget) , prevoisly it was 3 split screen widget (UI as you attached). I'm wondering if it is a new theme or new firmwere update?

View attachment 5680445
Yes its a new theme for the new units - and we other are stuck with the old ones if we dont want to pay for new ones in the Themes app or use another launcher like Agama Car launcher, FCC, Car Launcher pro, Webguru and all other of them. If you open the Theme app so will you see all available paid ones and the free ones you already have installed.

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012
The biggest problem for our headunits using Google Assistant is not low mic volume. I thought my inbuilt mic was broken first, but after trying several different firmwares and TLINK versions so have i come to the conclusion that the biggest problem is not the microphone or volume settings its instead that the stock radio app, navigaton and so on interfere with Google Assistant - when i disable the RADIO (under factory settings) and dont play any music so does voice commands works perfect even at normal speech with Google Assistant.

It seems the Chinese manufacturers put most effort in making their own versions of Google Assistant "copies" to works on TS10 head units and left the orginal crippled and unusable. Thats why the stock theme not even have a Google Assistant dedicated button yet (which hopefully comes soon, and a easy way to change the stock theme blue boring background!). The best we can do at the moment when using TLINK is to open BLUETOOTH (the Phonecall app - see picture below)

View attachment 5680045
And set Microphone gain to max but like i wrote before in this text will that not help because other software will interfere and make Google assistant unresponsive and "deaf" even if you scream your lungs out into the microphone.
For me, I dont really care about Google assistant - it is not localized for me and to say something correctly in English is sometimes problem even for native speakers ...

What I care about a lot is to have handsfree mic working flowlessly with all passangers in the car or at least for the driver. For that I need radio to switch really to external mic and go to the settings to adjust it. I even ordered new "above-the head/ceiling" mic acting as external mic with the best position already designed with my car (VW brand) here: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08NXMTDD4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A1VZVD13EY99Z4&psc=1

For that to work I just need to find the settings to switch and adjust volume for external mic - if anyone finds a way, please, share it here. Thank you!

Reactions: divingmachine

m4tz3m4tz3

Dec 4, 2010
New York

View attachment 5680045
Ok that is very interesting info thanks. Since 2 updates ( TS10.1.1) the google assistant seems to pick my voice really well

m4tz3m4tz3

Dec 4, 2010
New York
For me, I dont really care about Google assistant - it is not localized for me and to say something correctly in English is sometimes problem even for native speakers ...

What I care about a lot is to have handsfree mic working flowlessly with all passangers in the car or at least for the driver. For that I need radio to switch really to external mic and go to the settings to adjust it. I even ordered new "above-the head/ceiling" mic acting as external mic with the best position already designed with my car (VW brand) here: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08NXMTDD4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A1VZVD13EY99Z4&psc=1

For that to work I just need to find the settings to switch and adjust volume for external mic - if anyone finds a way, please, share it here. Thank you!
The only way currently is to either cut the connection to the internal mic on the board or to cover the mic hole with some isolating matter. To adjust the volume you are only able to set it in the Bluetooth settings ( bt mic gain to max)

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012
The only way currently is to either cut the connection to the internal mic on the board or to cover the mic hole with some isolating matter. To adjust the volume you are only able to set it in the Bluetooth settings ( bt mic gain to max)
So they both works simultaneously? Or when you cut the connection to internal after that the external starts working?
It worked in earlier versions according to youtube videos in engineering settings. It must work now somehow they even attach external mic in the package with the Head Unit - this is like the basic setting/option which should be available...

m4tz3m4tz3

Dec 4, 2010
New York

So they both works simultaneously? Or when you cut the connection to internal after that the external starts working?
It worked in earlier versions according to youtube videos in engineering settings. It must work now somehow they even attach external mic in the package with the Head Unit - this is like the basic setting/option which should be available...
They only work simultaneously. I know this should be a basic setting, but this is again classic Chinese engineering (no front, I am glad we have access to those after market devices)

I would love to find the responsible devs and contact them directly, to see if they can steer the development process a bit. Most of the needed configurations should be small hot fixes.

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012

They only work simultaneously. I know this should be a basic setting, but this is again classic Chinese engineering (no front, I am glad we have access to those after market devices)

I would love to find the responsible devs and contact them directly, to see if they can steer the development process a bit. Most of the needed configurations should be small hot fixes.
If they work simultaneously then it should be ok I guess? Having two mics on different places should even increase the call clarity when calling through these mics?

Anyway this is software. Anything is possible so I will look for best solution till I find one! And it worked in the past so I will find that or maybe new updates will consider this.

occams-razor

Nov 15, 2011
Google Pixel 6a

I give it about a zero percent chance of the TOPWAY designers responding directly to end users. They need to be pressured by the people who actually pay them money directly, the OEM's. But good luck finding one who actually understands the problems or cares enough to talk to TOPWAY about them.

I looked at a friend's FYT based UMS512 design and the onboard mic also cannot be disabled. There's likely a lot of unauthorized technology sharing, so poor design choices end up in a lot of places since not enough people understand what they are doing.

When I get my setup going, I will probably use a separate electret mic preamp to get around the software's limitations.

occams-razor

Nov 15, 2011
Google Pixel 6a
If they work simultaneously then it should be ok I guess? Having two mics on different places should even increase the call clarity when calling through these mics?

Anyway this is software. Anything is possible so I will look for best solution till I find one! And it worked in the past so I will find that or maybe new updates will consider this.
If you compare short voice recordings with and without both microphones, I would think this would tell you pretty quick if running both mics is a good idea.

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012

2008hatake

Mar 4, 2012
Hello everyone,
Has anyone faced this issue where the accessibility permissions on all apps are switched off upon reboot? Also, the clock is wrong everytime there is a cold boot..
Kind regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New TLINK version (well quite new anyway)

TLINK_dw_2.0.12_20220824040630.apk​

Latest available APK before was 1.95 or 1.96 and this is 2.0.12 i dont have any list of what is changed so try it if you want and if you are not happy with the older versions.​

@Cyberswebe I would like to know if the new version for TS10.1.2_WINDOW-THEME1 The one from August has already been released
    I still havent seen any new version for TS10 1.2 WINDOW-THEME1 being released since last update (20220721) i will post the new version as soon as its released and i get it.
    this is my main unit not showing here i applied the link in the picture i sent you it worked
    I have this firmware οn my ts10 screen. Is there any update to make my system better?
    Μy car is opel astra j 2014 diesel 1.6 136hp

Ts10. 2.2_20220530.135412_THEME1_v2
    User Sarsbucket made a post in this thread to his Google Drive share with a folder full of firmware, you can find a 10.2.2_20220621 version in there which is what I'm running, but keep in mind that if your current firmware is fine and you're not having any actual issues with it, be very cautious about updating. If it's fine, it's often better to just leave things as they are.
    Time for a new firmware for TS10 1.2 window-theme1 head units - just to be clear this is NOT for 1.1 or 2.2 units and not for vertical/TESLA screens!

Firmware name:

TS10.1.2_20220915.141042_WINDOW-THEME1

Change log:

There is no changelog available this time so I have no idea what they fixed or perhaps broken this time. So installing of this firmware is on your own risk as usual.

New link to firmware because the other one got deleted:

For everyone whos struggles with autostart/autorun an app and still cant decide which launcher to take. Here is a manual how to autostart any app.

EDDC682F-E540-41E0-95EC-8DAC62DE638E.jpeg
    ED1006BA-71C0-46FA-8C4F-49EC32203DE2.jpeg
    BFED7DA0-61DB-4509-9A39-6CD7B354E7EE.jpeg
    D4EF7BB1-528A-41C4-92DD-C25315620876.jpeg
    D2C8BC04-60C2-406F-BD5D-706D6070AF70.jpeg
    99FEF972-0D91-40D1-8F7A-6B05BDB12092.jpeg
    1671DCCC-0956-4CE3-9C93-05D63A37D061.jpeg
    87a56237-94c2-4e0f-a2a6-8e36ecbe6019-jpeg.5652983
    New firmware is now released for the 1.2 WINDOW-THEME1 version - TS10.1.2_20220721.111654_WINDOW-THEME1 in this release have they now put back the FOTA that was removed in earlier versions.

Download link:

I spent this weekend digging deep into my headunit both looking at the hardware which made me think that if the Chinese manufacturers would put as much effort as they do in faking the hardware/software (Android version) and trying to block all software that will show that its not a Android 11 or 12 unit so could this unit be a great one.

On the software side is the BIG problem that we have a firmware which is made for the chinese market and after that been remade again and again until its so messed up so you have to spend several months trying to find what you looking for and its filled of pincodes to enter settings. They messed up the basic settings for example autostart that will not work or the inbuilt microphone and Google Assistant because the Google settings is crippled. I really wish there will come a CLEAN version of the firmware which is like a Google Pixel phone without all the crap.

The same with the preinstalled Theme app where that one now lately is called ilauncher http://ilauncher.net/ and you still need to pay for the extra themes (well if you have the Chinese version so are there free themes monthly but not otherwise) and where most people have no idea that if you upgrade it correctly will you have support now for Spotify where the songs and album cover will show up nicely in the stock theme.

But there is still no support for the stock theme to use and show song names and covers for example Rocket Music player, PowerAmp, Musicolet, AIMP or Jet Audio Player instead do we need to use the inbuilt music/videoplayer that has a UI that makes me believe im back in the 80s again and just want to make me cry.....
    Could you please give a screenshot of the setting you changed or at least where in the settings the function is.

As promised, sorry video seems a bit blurry phone failing to focus :)
    Hi everyone, now is the TS10.1.2_20220519.171713_WINDOW-THEME1 released this firmware is for the ones that already have the WINDOW-THEME1 version installed.

NOTICE! Before updating a firmware always take a picture or write down what firmware is already installed so you know if you need to go back to the former one.

Release Notes:

Autor: XMJ
    17:15 2022/5/19
    Notice:
    latest image packaging

Autor: LXW
    15:34 2022/5/13
    Notice:
    1. Solve the problem that the SD card cannot be recognized by the Japanese map

Autor:Tcx
    10:26 2022/5/5
    Notice:
    In-vehicle settings supplement the Spanish language provided by Anchangxing

9:48 2022/04/29
    Notice:
    1. Solution: Fangkong learning prompts overlap

11:21 2022/04/28
    Notice:
    1. Mirror update to solve the problem of abnormal custom applications on one screen and three displays

Autor:Tcx
    18:36 2022/4/25
    Notice:
    Update Anchorstar available in Spanish

Autor:wzh
    15:03 2022/4/19
    Notice:
    Update 360apk

Autor:xmj
    14:17 2022/4/9
    Notice:
    Solve the recorder not working

9:48 2022/01/12
    Notice:
    Mirror update:
    1. Support iPhone usb network sharing
    2. Support multi-application recording at the same time
    Time for a new firmware release TS10.2.2_20220517.180646_THEME1.zip (NOTICE! this is for the ones that have THEME1 versions installed already (check what version you have before installation!) or for the ones that want to change from the WINDOW-THEME versions).

Firmware update info:
    1. Support: Netflix and Disney+ use (APK supports the latest version, manual installation is required)
    2. Support: Apple mobile phone usb network sharing (settings - network - more network settings - USB network sharing open)
    3. Support: Added support for ext4 format storage mount (usb, extsd)
    4. Support: Compatible with screen parameters with dcs in BOOT file name; 2K screen FT8201AA and FT8201AB touch IC compatible
    5. Compatible: The theme is compatible with 1920*720 resolution display (but it is recommended that customers use an exclusive system with HDPI to do this resolution)
    6. Compatible: touch compatible 1200x1920 with buttons
    7. Increase: AUX adds video full-screen ratio debugging function
    8. Sangka: The voice software selection is changed to display all third-party apps of Google+
    9. Optimization: the 360 camera flashes back after 5 seconds of opening and the problem that it cannot be opened
    10. Optimization: Japan map cannot read offline map package from external SD card
    11. Optimization: Fix the application that forced portrait screen cannot be displayed in full screen
    12. Optimization: the 360 option in the settings - factory settings - configuration information is changed to always displayed
    13. Optimization: Repeatedly hitting the handbrake resulted in no image problem; repairing the handbrake setting - the speed option has no effect
    14. Optimization: The headrest output response is slow when the Bluetooth and car settings interface are switched;
    Optimize the microphone gain adjustment in the Bluetooth APP to a larger value
    15. Optimization: GSP star loss problem caused by built-in four-in-one module problem
    16. Update: 360 updated to 516 version (adapted to 2000x1200 resolution font size)
    17. The system software version does not support OTA online upgrade