New TS10 UIS7862 6gb ram 128gb head unit q&a's

Search This thread

Eleyka

Jul 13, 2021
So I bit the bullet and bought myself this head unit:
Ad stated that unit is 4gb ts8, but unit shipped and arrived is 6gb TS10.
Plugged everything up unit works nice and smooth as expected, but one seriously annoying bug.
Phone connected to HU and when I try to make a phone call I can hear receiver speaking, but they can't hear me.
Head unit does have internal mic. And Mike does work with other apps
I've checked permissions and Bluetooth app does not even request mic permission.
Any ideas? Suggestions? Anyone else got similar issues?
Maybe custom ROMs available etc?
I've managed to enable USB debugging, got passwords for engineering mode, extra settings etc...
Pics of my headunit attached
He probado lo de quitar el asistente de voz pero sigue sin funcionar. Me podéis ayudar? Gracias

Lokkook

Jul 19, 2021
Hi everyone,
I bought a TS10 from AliExpress, I installed it in my car (Clio 4, Renault) with some difficulties... But my main issue is : the internal microphone does not work... I read in this thread things about deactivating the "Hey Google" function, but it seemed this was not activated in my case...

Do you have any clue : how can I check the configuration of the internal mic and get it work?

Thanks for your help

cprotz

Jul 31, 2021
Hello fellow users

Glad I found some information in this board. I just bought a T10 head unit for my Renault Megane 2 from 2005. Basic stuff like radio, mp3 or navigation worked right away, phone and SIM with some help from the dealer (although they do only speak Chinese). What I haven't been able to make it work is the can bus and steering wheel connection. The dealer supplied a Hiworld-RN can bus, I think I have all cables right, and also the set-up in the can bus menu should be ok, yet the steering wheel button learning app shows no reaction on me pushing buttons.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to find out if the connection and the can bus works at all, that I can check it step by step?

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_190405.jpg
    IMG_20210718_190405.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 272

nnquynh

Jun 14, 2005
Hanoi
Hello fellow users

Glad I found some information in this board. I just bought a T10 head unit for my Renault Megane 2 from 2005. Basic stuff like radio, mp3 or navigation worked right away, phone and SIM with some help from the dealer (although they do only speak Chinese). What I haven't been able to make it work is the can bus and steering wheel connection. The dealer supplied a Hiworld-RN can bus, I think I have all cables right, and also the set-up in the can bus menu should be ok, yet the steering wheel button learning app shows no reaction on me pushing buttons.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to find out if the connection and the can bus works at all, that I can check it step by step?
Try to set like this:

Reactions: cprotz

cprotz

Jul 31, 2021
Try to set like this:
Thank you, that is surely a handy explanation. I did it already like that (and will check once again).

The point that is still unclear in my setup is whether the cabling received with the head unit connects the can bus to the car at all. I looked at several Aliexpress offers, they seem all to offer the same cable for my setup. What confuses me is that with my old Blaupunkt radio (which I removed to exchange it with the Android one) there was an (Can bus "like") adapter that connected the radio to the temperature/time screen in the car (a middle console screen that can be replaced by the Renault Carminat navigation system and where lots of cable go to), that plug on the wire of the screen is now unused, and over that the Blaupunkt also had connected successfully to the steering wheel remote.

So I guess I have to get and compare the cabling schemes to understand whether the set-up connects a can bus signal at all.

Helpful would also be if there was a menu or similar (or e.g. an extra to install app) on the head unit that would show, when there is a signal from the can bus...

radionerd

Dec 14, 2013
Ukiah
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4 XL
It's weird SIM 1 is locked on China Unicom, can't edit or delete china APS's, SIM 2 is the only SIM I can find on a dongle. It won't complete Data Connection.
I use hidden testing menu Dialer code *#*#4636#*#* to look at settings, Looks like the wrong MCC and MNC numbers are loaded. T-mobile should be MCC 310 MNC 260.

The IMEI SVC is 01 I've read that meisv 01 means your phone hasn't been though service (or fixing). If the number changes to 2 means it's been though service once and so on.

Attachments

• SIM1 SIM2.jpg
    SIM1 SIM2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 211
  • mmcc311 mnc 480.png
    mmcc311 mnc 480.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 220
  • cell phone signal near tower.jpg
    cell phone signal near tower.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 186
  • device index.png
    device index.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 175
  • device info.png
    device info.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

editmaster

Jan 13, 2012
It's weird SIM 1 is locked on China Unicom, can't edit or delete china APS's, SIM 2 is the only SIM I can find on a dongle. It won't complete Data Connection.
I use hidden testing menu Dialer code *#*#4636#*#* to look at settings, Looks like the wrong MCC and MNC numbers are loaded. T-mobile should be MCC 310 MNC 260.

The IMEI SVC is 01 I've read that meisv 01 means your phone hasn't been though service (or fixing). If the number changes to 2 means it's been though service once and so on.
According to my mobile provider those numbers should not really matter. But my guess is they do. And yes...I haven't found any way to change them.
Even setting up a new APN won't let me set new MCC and MNC to the numbers I need.

Edupin2

Aug 3, 2021
They fixed it last week and hopefully it's already on it's way back.
My bet is SIM data still won't work. Must be a firmware issue. From what I hear the 4GB versions don't have this issue.
My version is the 6GB and the problem is the same. Is strange they need to receive it back to solve the problem, i am sure there are files to solve it :(

editmaster

Jan 13, 2012
My version is the 6GB and the problem is the same. Is strange they need to receive it back to solve the problem, i am sure there are files to solve it :(
I have tried many variants, also files from this thread. It did flash the firmware (I could briefly see the main menu in a new language), but the pesky Pin lock stayed. I have no idea how to completely erase the radio. Some memory areas seem unaffected by the flash process with the files available to us.

cprotz

Jul 31, 2021

Maybe not completely comparable but I had partly a similar problem. My Swisscom SIM was discovered, however Swisscom complained that the IMEI was unknown. I wanted to change APN information (as Swisscom did not appear in that list) but that part was also blocked and did not show Swisscom. My seller told me to check the hotspot settings and link them to the Swisscom SIM. That was not what I'd expect to get me access, but it worked and I had internet access over my SIM

radionerd

Dec 14, 2013
Ukiah
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4 XL
I have tried many variants, also files from this thread. It did flash the firmware (I could briefly see the main menu in a new language), but the pesky Pin lock stayed. I have no idea how to completely erase the radio. Some memory areas seem unaffected by the flash process with the files available to us.
Mine is 6gb too, I only have time on weekends to mess with it. I will prolly android factory reset mine after grabbing all the head unit apps contained in the app backup folder. Factory reset is in the android System, Reset Options, (factory reset). It will wipe all of the head unit apps. There is also a Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth in same folder, I tried that already.
I have downloaded the TW APP back up folder to SD. All my needed head unit apps will need to be uplaoded after Android Factory reset, and then reinstalled. Fingers crossed.

For others that come along with same SIM issue:
Remove SIM, Do a factory reset in the TOPWAY settings Menu, It is harmless, just settings, and a few google apps. (NOT THE ANDROID FACTORY RESET)

Wait minutes until it's done then disable SIM1, then do the reset (or push reset button on front panel with a SIM tool.

After it boots shut off and insert your SIM.
Make sure your SIM is already activated in a cell phone prior to trying in the TS10,
There is a IMEI changer tool in the extra features folder if invaled. web search for "Check your IMEI" Mine was valid, Changing IMEI didn't help me.

I've yet to complete data connection, also waiting for a new SIM card dongle since mine had wires floating around inside.

************ Topway PASSWORDS ***************
some work, some don't
t10 passwords
factory settings 126
factory reset 7890.
developer options 67890+ current hour 24hr clock (7pm =19 like this 6789019)
extra settings 123456
Settings -> Factory -> (PIN 123456) -> Engineering mode

Another password might be useful for somebody:
Enable USB debug: john@tw-desktop

Attachments

• dont factory reset without backup.jpeg
    dont factory reset without backup.jpeg
    532.9 KB · Views: 707
  • topway factory reset-just settings and a few apps.jpeg
    topway factory reset-just settings and a few apps.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 644
  • simple reset.jpeg
    simple reset.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 624
  • extra setting IMEI changer.jpeg
    extra setting IMEI changer.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:

editmaster

Jan 13, 2012
Maybe not completely comparable but I had partly a similar problem. My Swisscom SIM was discovered, however Swisscom complained that the IMEI was unknown. I wanted to change APN information (as Swisscom did not appear in that list) but that part was also blocked and did not show Swisscom. My seller told me to check the hotspot settings and link them to the Swisscom SIM. That was not what I'd expect to get me access, but it worked and I had internet access over my SIM
What do you mean by "linking them"?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a similar problem, restarting the device helped and after restarting it detected the SIM card.
    Thanks, forgot to mention that I tried restarting several times and it still wasn't recognized. I've got the SIM connected as part of the 20-pin connector shown in the attached. I did reach out to the seller I purchased the head unit from on AliExpress, they said that "due to the suppression of Chinese technology by the United States, our 4G function cannot be used in the United States anymore."
    Hi @jaankoM,

I don't know what advantages... I still have the TS10.1.2_xxx firmware.
    My friend with TS10.2.2_XXX doesn't seem to have any problems.
    Android remains at version 10, only the TS10"S" firmwares are updated to Abdroid 12 and are not compatible.

I am sorry.
    Hi bros, I bought this from AliExpress a few days ago and it says TS10S 2.1. I want to get another launcher or do some root, but it's hard to find the firmware that fits my device. So can I install TS10 2.2?
    From what I understand you must stick with the prefix of your firmware, ie you must use 2.1xxx firmware if that is what you have now. From the looks of your photos, you have a late model TS10 and very recent firmware, as well as the driving app, my understanding is you could loose some of the benefits of the apps etc that came with your stereo if you change firmware, you could also brick the head unit if you use the wrong firmware. Hopefully someone more experienced that me can help you more
    I also replaced the 5V fan with the 12V one connected directly to the AMP pin (the model with RCA cable connector and SIM slot so to speak) in the hope that it wouldn't make that strange noise when starting the car at low temperatures but it didn't. Like this. changed a lot.
    How can I manage the 12V AMP power supply and therefore the "on/off" of the fan? At the moment it is still always on.
    Thank you

Hi,

There would be an APK that regulates different functions (for TS10 Topway...)

Seeing is believing: com.tw.fan-29-10
    Is Android 12 or 13 not an option?

...CUT

No, as far as I know, yours is Android 10 API-29, all other names are Fake...
    CUT

...Regarding the navigation issue, I recall driving home without using Android Auto, solely relying on Bluetooth. It seemed like Google Maps retrieved my home address from my phone via Bluetooth. Is this not possible or am I misunderstanding something?

I don't know this... :unsure:

With the Smartphone/Bluetooth connected you certainly passed the information to the Car Tablet.
    For everyone whos struggles with autostart/autorun an app and still cant decide which launcher to take. Here is a manual how to autostart any app.

EDDC682F-E540-41E0-95EC-8DAC62DE638E.jpeg
    ED1006BA-71C0-46FA-8C4F-49EC32203DE2.jpeg
    BFED7DA0-61DB-4509-9A39-6CD7B354E7EE.jpeg
    D4EF7BB1-528A-41C4-92DD-C25315620876.jpeg
    D2C8BC04-60C2-406F-BD5D-706D6070AF70.jpeg
    99FEF972-0D91-40D1-8F7A-6B05BDB12092.jpeg
    1671DCCC-0956-4CE3-9C93-05D63A37D061.jpeg
    87a56237-94c2-4e0f-a2a6-8e36ecbe6019-jpeg.5652983
    From here: Topway TS10 firmware

password: TopwayTS10
    Could you please give a screenshot of the setting you changed or at least where in the settings the function is.

As promised, sorry video seems a bit blurry phone failing to focus :)
    Hi everyone! i been continued to test new firmwares and Tlink versions for our "dear" TS10 headunits and I have gone trough over 100s of them and the newer firmwares usually mostly mess up more things than they bring anything useful.

But this week i installed TS10.1.2_20230220.171000_WINDOW-THEME1 (NOTICE! this is for units with the 1.2 versions of the firmware, NOT for 2.2 or 1.1 or any other versions! and NOT for the vertical window ones).

And on top of that did i install the new version of Tlink 2.0.18 to get a fully working Android Auto/Carplay.

Which led to that i for the first time got a almost perfect working TS10. The only thing that was a bit tricky was to connect the phone to TLINK, but by trying several times (i removed the bluetooth connected units on my phone and headunit and re-connected) did it finally work wireless also (it worked directly with cable).

Here is the links for the daring ones to try it out, all on your own responsibility!

TS10.1.2_20230220.171000_WINDOW-THEME1

Tlink 2.0.18

NOTICE! if you have problems with registration of TLINK, try this version instead (All credits goes to DarkVoid).

Good luck everyone!
    Go to applications/car settings/ click on the left button ---more/ Google services and preferences/ click on account services/ search, assistant & voice/ voice/ voice match.
    First line should say hey Google access your assistant any time you say "hey Google" when your screen is on. Turn this off.
    This worked for me. I'll make a short video just in case