[NEW] TUDIA Ultra Tough OMNIX hybrid case

Search This thread

garychencool

Oct 7, 2011
I got the matte black one.

I got this case because I wanted an OtterBox level case. No other case I've found really fit the class and I highly doubt OtterBox will make a case for the OnePlus One since they didn't for the Nexus 5 among other devices. Previously I used the phone without a case or screen protector at all (living on the edge, yeah!) but I decided to give this case a try. Here's what I thought of it so far.

The good:
• it looks and feels like a very solid case
• built-in screen protector that you can also peel off if you want
• the case doesn't add a whole lot of weight to the phone
• according to reviews, if you have a glass screen protector installed, it won't cause issues when using this case
• you can set up the kick stand such that it won't pop out
• the back plate of the matte black feels somewhat grippy which is good
• whenever you take the case off and you feel the phone, you remember how thin and amazing the phone is without the case
• NFC still works through the case
• doesn't seem to affect the camera and flash when used

The bad:
• built-in screen protector is kinda crap
• the kick stand is kinda crap and it's plastic so it feels like it is easy to snap off with the notches also made of plastic
• the headphone opening is small so it doesn't fit my headphone jack. I'd need to get a short extender cable for it to work.
• the sides are not grippy at all, they are just hard plastic
• hardware buttons are hard to press but then again, it's probably because it's brand new
• hard to take apart and put together but that's the point of a sturdy, solid case
• the one I got had air bubbles on the paint so it chipped off, and there's some plastic remains that weren't fully removed, still attached to the case itself

The down right annoying:
• The flaps take forever to open, it's extremely annoying. I feel like just getting an xacto knife and cutting the flaps off. They also don't close very well at all so they pop out allowing crap to go in. I tried pushing it in different ways, they usually don't work and it's super annoying
• if you're going to use the built-in screen protector, you better clean your phone screen and the other side of the built-in screen protector so dust and other crap don't get stuck on it. You can prevent this by taking off the built-in screen protector
• because of how it curves on the sides of the screen, it's very hard to swipe on the very left part of the display to pull out menus. It's really annoying and I might as well start finding something that can adjust the sensitivity of it so it's less annoying. I usually use the phone right handed so when my thumb tries to drag out a menu on the very left of the screen, it doesn't work 90% of the time. It sometimes doesn't work when I use my left thumb.

Any questions or photo requests, feel free to ask.

I previously posted this on /r/oneplus on Reddit. Pictures are also in the reddit thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/2zn6ux/my_tudia_ultra_tough_omnix_case_arrived_ama/

XanRules

Apr 16, 2011
Hey dudes,

Just picked one of these up for "tactical" use (mosh pits, beach trips, working on cars, etc) - already have a tempered glass protector on the phone. Is there a simple way to remove JUST the plastic film on the front cover?

Thanks!

EDIT: just kidding. The adhesive holding it on is pretty silly, popped out without a hitch.

Last edited:

BluGuy

Jun 22, 2011
Enterprise
Well... That didn't take long. After 3 months of use, got my case Feb. 6. The kickstand gave up. I was watching a video on the phone propped on the kickstand and the phone just fell backwards. Kickstand was out of the case. Looked at it and one of the plastic pegs for the hinge had broke off. I used it a lot, but I think it should have lasted longer than it did. Oh well. :(

Update: Got in contact with them and they replaced the kickstand. So all is good once again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now this looks good. can't wait to get my hands on these. will it be available in europe?
    At last a full heavy duty case for our beloved OPO.

http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Full-body-Protective-Protector-Resistant/dp/B00SO4XY5C/

VgNgnP.jpg

n5p56R.jpg
    Yes, they have them in red, black, white and grey.
    I got an email saying it shipped already. Says in stock now and no longer says pre-order.

I'll post some pictures once it arrives.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk Pro
    Literally just got my case. This thing is beautiful. Very well made and feels very tough.
    Is it possible to not use the built in screen protector of the case? I have a glass one I use already and going back to a plastic screen protector is not on my list of things to do.

You can take the plastic out. I'm using a glass one on mine.

Case seems pretty sturdy. Only part I'm not a fan of is the kickstand. The one on my Jkase Diablo was better.

Update: I snapped a couple of pics with the phone in the case. Sorry for the bad lighting.